How is the weather looking where you are?

Kirk W

US.png

Here in the Dallas/Ft Worth area & most of TX we are kind of holding our breath as this one approaches as it will be the first major winter storm of the winter and from memories of the 9 days of misery that we experienced in February of 2021. They say it will start late today and last only 3 days but..... So far it hasn't gotten going but it seems to be inevitable.

How is weather where you are now and have you made extra preparation's? 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We are in Carrizo Springs Tx heading to Del Rio in the Ft. Davis Mountains. Gonna probably have to stay there for a day or so to avoid the ice and snow

Steve and Joy

Amateur Radio Operator WZ1T . . .  Flex 6600 M,  Flex PGXL, Flex TGXL, 

2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . Lincoln MKX Toad

The Kids . . . Yogi the Yorkie  passed 10/20/2018. . . Cookie the Chihuahua passed 11/30/2017 . . . Cooper the Aussie Doodle passed 3/10/2020

Abbie  and Abel  the Doodles . . . Brother and Sister Born 02/02/2020   . . . Lucy the Yorkie . . . and Axel  . . .The Bernie Doodle

Where We Are Now

Wellll, to put in perspective, yesterday I serviced two of my generators and brought them home, along with 15 gallons of gasoline.  Didn't bother with the big one in the rv, as my big truck is at the paint shop, and both gas tanks in the coach are empty.  Normally, I would have 56 gallons on board.

Both gennies, Honda and Yamaha, started first pull.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

81°F in South Central Florida today!

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

17 minutes ago, rickeieio said:

Wellll, to put in perspective,

Where are you?

4 minutes ago, Star Dreamer said:

81°F in South Central Florida today!

It was 57 here at 6:30 am but is down to 54 now at 8 am.

Yesterday we were locked in our sticks and bricks due to blizzard with 75 km winds. This morning temps dropped to -30C so if your temps are above freezing be happy!

2004 Freightliner m2 106  2015 DRV lx450 Fullhouse  2019 Indian Springfield 2014 Yamaha 950 V-Star

North Central Florida, a very  cold January for us, got down to 24 a few days ago with the highs in the mid 40s.  December was very mild.

But now headed into more seasonal weather with highs in the mid 70's and lows in the 40's-50's. Not sure what the long term forecast is; we hope to be headed west before mid month.

We are in Cedar Park, TX and so far the temp is still in the 50s but it is supposed to drop into the lower 20s/upper teens. Not looking forward to the cold but it has got to be better than where my son lives in Colorado. They had 10" of snow overnight and it is still snowing off and on with a high of 15 and a low of -6.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

2 minutes ago, Chalkie said:

We are in Cedar Park, TX and so far the temp is still in the 50s

We are just down the road in Mesquite. Got up to 57° at 6:30 am but now at 10:00 it is down to 46°.

Last week was our winter in South Florida, low of 35 high of 60..lasted 3 days...back to our regularly schedule program of mid 70s in the day mid 50s at night. Think winters over now...

Actually people say there are no seasons down here in south Florida... thats not True as we have 4 season as well... We have Early summer,  Summer, Late summer and next Summer

8 hours ago, Kirk W said:

Where are you?

Duh.....  Right where Ohio and Indiana meet up at the Ohio River.  You can stand on our farm and straddle the IN/OH state line and hit KY with a pistol.

Looks like we might get below O*f Saturday morning.

Edited by rickeieio

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Rick, I'm sort of close to your location in SEMO. Cape Girardeau, Mo. to be exact. It was 60+ yesterday and 49 this morning. Currently 29 with some drizzle. Roads are wet, Grass has some ice on it and my Jeep had Ice starting to freeze from what kicked up from the road. I don't think they put down much if any "Salt". Tomorrow it will be different, I'm sure sometime tonight when things get much colder and the wet stuff starts to freeze on the road they will load them up with Salt. I was hoping for white stuff, but not sure if I'll see any.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

cold and clear. February 2 2022

some places get below freezing at night, but no fog in the area for a week now. some over cast days. a bit breezy today clear blue sky's, but cold.

(my weather thingy says it is 75F outside - wind chill, barometer says 29.90, 35% humidity, wind at 4-6 mph).

sad no rain in sight. another drought year.

Edited by packnrat

Oh dear. We are complaining about the heat and rain while you poor folk are getting frost bite.

Think of these poor folk. 34 inches of rain and temps around 100f. 80000 lightening strikes. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-03/kimberley-cattle-station-records-rainfall-/100800272

Much of inland Australia is flooded. Main roads west and north are cut. As are rail links. Note the road trains in the first image. Can't turn them around that easily! https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-02/wa-allows-triple-road-trains-for-supermarket-supplies/100796558 Some are doing a 3000 kilometer detour just to deliver their loads.

So every time you think your weather is crap remember somewhere else is worse. FWIW here at home we have nights dropping to 80f and humidity around 95-98%.

Right now... minus 15f, windchill -26, 6am in da morn, minus 35f, windchill -41.  Spent the day working on SnB's water supply.  Who wants to camp in my yard?  LOL, it's cold out there, or out here...(ND)  🙂

Edited by NDBirdman

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.