How is the weather looking where you are?

Kirk W

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Kirk W said:

US.png

Here in the Dallas/Ft Worth area & most of TX we are kind of holding our breath as this one approaches as it will be the first major winter storm of the winter and from memories of the 9 days of misery that we experienced in February of 2021. They say it will start late today and last only 3 days but..... So far it hasn't gotten going but it seems to be inevitable.

How is weather where you are now and have you made extra preparation's? 

Kirk,

Today is 02/02/2022, but the date at the top of your map is 2/3/2022?? "Deja Vu All Over Again?"😯😉

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Here, south of Frostproof, FL, we were "cold" for a few days - 30's at night and mid-50 to 70's.  Yesterday was 82 and sunny.  Last night was 58 with low humidity.  Yesterday we went to Bok Tower Gardens in Lake Wales. We prepared by making a picnic lunch and remembering the sunscreen. 

Wayne & Jinx
2017 F-350 diesel, dually
2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

Jinx and Wayne

Northern Arkansas/Southern Missouri state line. 7:49am, 15 degrees out. No snow on the ground last night; looks like at least a couple inches now. And snowing like a mutha!

2015 Forest River Rockwood Signature Series Ultra Lite 8289WS w/ Diamond Pkg.

2014 RAM CTD 6.7 Tradesman 4WD Crew Cab Long Bed  😀

Honda eu2200i generators

Daisy May, the Golden Doodle Wonderdog

1 hour ago, Jinx & Wayne said:

Here, south of Frostproof, FL, we were "cold" for a few days - 30's at night and mid-50 to 70's.  Yesterday was 82 and sunny.  Last night was 58 with low humidity.  Yesterday we went to Bok Tower Gardens in Lake Wales. We prepared by making a picnic lunch and remembering the sunscreen. 

Wayne & Jinx

😠   Hmphhh. So there!

😁

Edited by RangeMaggotBob

2015 Forest River Rockwood Signature Series Ultra Lite 8289WS w/ Diamond Pkg.

2014 RAM CTD 6.7 Tradesman 4WD Crew Cab Long Bed  😀

Honda eu2200i generators

Daisy May, the Golden Doodle Wonderdog

9 hours ago, RV_ said:

Today is 02/02/2022, but the date at the top of your map is 2/3/2022??

I suppose that some folks just do not understand that a forecast is a prediction of the future and not a report of conditions today? 😏

The latest weather report here this morning (February 3, 2022) is 24°F at 7:30 am with light sleet and just enough accumulation to make everything white. It was 27°F an hour ago so things are not improving. Dallas/Ft Worth is most icy to the west side and less so as you reach the east side where we are but streets and highways are all slick. They do not expect temperatures to change much today so if you are planning to travel through the area, the best advice is wait until at least Saturday. 

EDIT: I will add that while we do have some power issues in small areas due to icy trees and power lines, they are small and being quickly repaired. Nothing even close to what happened last February.

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

20 miles west of Cincinnati, at 6:00a est. we had 32*f and a skim of ice.  Three hours later, we are at 30*f and a mix of drizzle/sleet is coming down.  Temps are predicted to fall through the day, and precip increase.  Gennies are resting comfortably in the garage.

Fortunately, I gathered the fix'ns for seafood chowder.  Salmon, scallops, and shrimp in a creamy base along with some crusty bread and Kerry Gold butter......yummy.  I might get inspired and make a pecan/maple/bacon pie to finish. I haven't perfected the pie yet.  The bacon tends to get chewy.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

10 minutes ago, rickeieio said:

Fortunately, I gathered the fix'ns for seafood chowder.  Salmon, scallops, and shrimp in a creamy base along with some crusty bread and Kerry Gold butter....

Now why couldn't you be my next door neighbor?  

58 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

Now why couldn't you be my next door neighbor?  

Because you wouldn't like the winter weather..... 😁

But I have to admit, if the paint shop wasn't dragging their feet, we'd be in Texas right now, though not near heavily populated areas.  We like Big Bend and the Hill Country.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row

3 Feb 2022, 10am, it's -18f, windchill -23f.  We're having a heat-wave!  Anyone up for a snowball fight?  I'll supply the snow.

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

Dan, twist my arm.  It all started because I love pecans, but not all that gooey sweet filling in pecan pie.  Hmmmm.  Double the pecans, substitute maple syrup for the corn syrup, stir in some undercooked chopped bacon.  All good except the bacon that comes to the top gets like little rocks, and the bits that stay submerged get rubbery.  More testing....

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

7 hours ago, Kirk W said:

I suppose that some folks just do not understand that a forecast is a prediction of the future and not a report of conditions today? 😏

The latest weather report here this morning (February 3, 2022) is 24°F at 7:30 am with light sleet and just enough accumulation to make everything white. It was 27°F an hour ago so things are not improving. Dallas/Ft Worth is most icy to the west side and less so as you reach the east side where we are but streets and highways are all slick. They do not expect temperatures to change much today so if you are planning to travel through the area, the best advice is wait until at least Saturday. 

EDIT: I will add that while we do have some power issues in small areas due to icy trees and power lines, they are small and being quickly repaired. Nothing even close to what happened last February.

It sure was PJ! And we have more winter!

Thanks Wayne! I understand now. 😎

Thank you so much for that friendly explanation Kirk!🤣

It is now 13°F Wind Chill feels like 2°F  and sunny as you can see in the pic. Brisk wonderful weather!

We ended up with 13" here and at our altitude of ~ 6000 feet the sun is so intense if you shovel it just enough to see the pavement the sun has it dry in a couple of hours.

I am still recovering from the PEs in both lungs so had to hire someone to shovel for me this morning at 10, he was done by 10:45 and the picture was taken at ~ Noon. It is dry now completely at almost 2pm. No power outages here that the news reported. Stay safe folks!

pGlxWPFl.jpg

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

After our big chill last week (3 days below freezing) things are much better here in West Central Florida.  A group of us took a motorcycle ride over to Lake Placid for lunch.

Safe Travels...

Screenshot from 2022-02-03 16-03-42.png

Edited by k4rs
Darn typos...

Roger, K4RS and Toni, K1TS
Amateur Radio Operators - Motorcycle Riders (Harley Davidson Tri-Glide Ultra)

Fulltime from 2003-2016 - Now longtime RVers

On the road, living the dream...
Ford F-250 Super Duty 7.3 liter diesel and Forest River XLR Toyhauler. 

Position report via amateur radio

5 hours ago, NDBirdman said:

3 Feb 2022, 10am, it's -18f, windchill -23f.  We're having a heat-wave!  Anyone up for a snowball fight?  I'll supply the snow.

ND we can have it here and we have the snow. Come in shorts as it is a balmy 13°F and a hot sun. Wear SPF 50!

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

4 minutes ago, k4rs said:

After our big chill last week (3 days below freezing) things are much better here in West Central Florida.  A group of us took a motorcycle ride over to Lake Placid for lunch.

Safe Travels...

Roger we left that humid cold and humid heat gladly. Lots of others do enjoy it so you have plenty of company. If I wasn't recovering we would be checking out the slopes as windshield tours.

Here's a shot from my front yard of Pike's peak I took this morning too.

Aj1Gqerl.jpg

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

9 hours ago, Jinx & Wayne said:

Wayne & Jinx

Have you checked out Solomon's Castle near  your area? There is also a college in a town in the center of the state that runs a hotel with a dining room. Don't remember the name of either, but always had a good meal when I rode with the South Florida Riders Club. It was buffet style and they had many delicious dessert choices. 

Rod

http://solomonscastle.com/

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Just got home from work in SEMO. Its cold windy with a bit of something moving  in the air. The ground is almost White with sleet and maybe a little snow mixed in. Not slick enough to play in (or deep enough) and it certainly won't make a snow ball or snow man. They are using way too much salt on the streets and late tonight when it gets colder it will all freeze and be rock hard my morning. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

1 hour ago, GlennWest said:

Mostly sleet coming down now

The precipitation here in D/FW is pretty much over but it sounds like it will be another day before it warms enough to melt off the roads. Most of the area has a total accumulation of an inch or two with at least half of that being ice from the freezing rain that came first in this part of TX. Streets are still nasty but with very few things open the traffic has been limited so not too bad. I think that most of TX is very nervous with the memories of what happened here Feb. 13-21 of last year.