RV specific mini split.

Parrformance

I don't see where that's a mini split. It's just an under bunk air conditioner.. Just like I have in my garage. Not to say it won't work, it just won't have the advantages of a mini split. I could be wrong.... Jay

9000 BTU , I was thinking might work well for the sleeper when connected to shore power or generator.

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

1 hour ago, Jaydrvr said:

I don't see where that's a mini split. It's just an under bunk air conditioner.. Just like I have in my garage. Not to say it won't work, it just won't have the advantages of a mini split. I could be wrong.... Jay

It just says "Heat Pump" and from the looks of the photo, that's all it is.  Way too expensive also. 

1 hour ago, GlennWest said:

Uses too much power for a mini split. EER too low also.

Agree. 

The LG unit I have works very well so far. I think most of the ones installed by Spacecraft and maybe even New Horizions have worked well too. I wouldn't go for the Cassettes that mount on the roof. The low flow unit mounted at the far end (Garage) of my home will keep me warm and cool without the 9000btu unit I have in the "Living area". In fact I often times have to turn it off since it's right beside my desk and will give me a chill sometimes with the air blowing directly on me. Am going it inquire about relocating it to the "Basement" with the Solar lithium battery conversion for full time off grid attempt I hope to do one day. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

It seems like it would work as an AC for shore power or generator.  It isn't efficient enough that I would use it with solar. Also seems a bit pricey but if it fits the application and that is what you need it seems like it would work.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

19 minutes ago, lappir said:

It just says "Heat Pump" and from the looks of the photo, that's all it is.  Way too expensive also. 

Agree. 

The LG unit I have works very well so far. I think most of the ones installed by Spacecraft and maybe even New Horizions have worked well too. I wouldn't go for the Cassettes that mount on the roof. The low flow unit mounted at the far end (Garage) of my home will keep me warm and cool without the 9000btu unit I have in the "Living area". In fact I often times have to turn it off since it's right beside my desk and will give me a chill sometimes with the air blowing directly on me. Am going it inquire about relocating it to the "Basement" with the Solar lithium battery conversion for full time off grid attempt I hope to do one day. 

Rod

Having had mine for some years now, I believe a 18k in living room and a 9k in bedroom would have been a better setup. Both mine are 12k and bedroom unit barely runs  and living room unit works. I went a year initially with just one in the living room and it worked well as long as we didn't run the clothes dryer. dryer would heat up bedroom in the summer months. But we stayed mostly in the south due to my work.I was initially hung up on staying 120v.  Don't see how relocating to basement area would benefit you. 

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

2 hours ago, GlennWest said:

Having had mine for some years now, I believe a 18k in living room and a 9k in bedroom would have been a better setup. Both mine are 12k and bedroom unit barely runs  and living room unit works. I went a year initially with just one in the living room and it worked well as long as we didn't run the clothes dryer. dryer would heat up bedroom in the summer months. But we stayed mostly in the south due to my work.I was initially hung up on staying 120v.  Don't see how relocating to basement area would benefit you. 

The Possum Belly (as Spacecraft calls it, basement to me.) Is open from in front of the axle to the front jacks. Not insulated on the sides or floor and that's where the water tank lives and most of the plumbing. So far I've gotten by with a "Milk House Heater" where the pump and most of the exposed plumbing is with only two freeze ups that thankfully caused no damage. If I put a large battery bank there I will need to be sure it doesn't get cold enough to cause an issue. Last fall I reconnected a thermostat to the Gas Furnace and used it during the coldest days to keep the area warm. Had no protection from the North winds where I parked. I did have my second freeze up even with that, but I didn't put the heat tape on the exposed pipes like I have before and that may have been the issue. Keeping the basement warm in the winter will help with the living area floors. I will try to insulate at least the doors and hopefully the floor. I could do skirting, but putting it up and then taking it down it doesn't last very long and is a pain. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July.