How is the weather looking where you are?

Kirk W

38 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

The precipitation here in D/FW is pretty much over but it sounds like it will be another day before it warms enough to melt off the roads. Most of the area has a total accumulation of an inch or two with at least half of that being ice from the freezing rain that came first in this part of TX. Streets are still nasty but with very few things open the traffic has been limited so not too bad. I think that most of TX is very nervous with the memories of what happened here Feb. 13-21 of last year. 

Yes we are. I have full charge on my 21k battery pak and full propane. 

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Winter isn't over yet. The deep freeze of last year was Feb 14th 2021.

I wouldn't worry in Texas, Abbot was in office during the 2011 under Perry and they formed ERCOT to insure that did not happen again. But then in 2021 it did and they had not taken any of the steps they said they would to harden the gas production and other facilities for extreme cold. Have they done anything since last year? I sure hope so.

I hope all of you stay safe and don't have too much disruption. I know the homes in many areas are not made for extreme cold like ND and we have up north.

Here there are no fire ants in the yard, and I haven't seen or been bitten by a mosquito, biting fly, or gnat once since we moved here in November 2019. Because of the Western drought we are on the edge of, it is bright and sunny almost every day of the year.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

I believe the castle Rod was referring to is Bishops' Castle.  South and west of Pueblo.  Worth a look-see.

Sleet has turned to snow now.  Wind from the north will make everything pile up on our rear deck.  We have a pile of sleet over 2' deep already.

Made the chowder.  It was terrible (burp).  Bailed on the pie, cuz my child bride decided to make coconut macaroons.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net