• 1.6k views
    • 23 replies
    • 1.5k views
    • 4 replies
RVers Online University

mywaggle.com

campgroundviews.com

RV Destinations

Find out more or sign up for Escapees RV'ers Bootcamp.

Advertise your product or service here.

The Rvers- Now Streaming

RVTravel.com Logo

• Topics

• Aww I'm sorry about Bully's situation. Like the others, we have also had to say goodbye to pets on the road. I work with the veterinary industry, and you really want to look for an AAHA-accredited vet clinic. These clinics are the only ones guaranteed to follow the highest standards of care available (unlike human hospitals, vet practices are not required to undergo any inspections from an accreditation organization. Only AAHA clinics voluntarily go through it to ensure that pets get the highest and safest levels of care). You really want to make sure everything goes right not just for vet care but especially for euthanasia.  Also, unfortunately because Solensia is a biological medication, not a pharmaceutical, veterinarians can't give it out to clients to administer on their own due to the risk of injury if accidentally jabbed with the needle. When it comes to cremation, choosing an AAHA clinic will also ensure that the crematorium is reputable and has good service for you. Usually there is at least a two day turnaround for cremains so plan on being in an area for at least that long. Bully is a very lucky kitty to have you looking out for him. I hope you have good, happy travels together on this next journey.  
    • I have updated the link with some interior pictures.
    • Got some more done. Hitch is all done. Back plate is on, mudflap hangers,  wiring is completed to the trailer plug.  Place for side by side is on the truck.  I just need to install the Jackalopee, direct link, and back up camera.   Then some more bling !,
    • This is the 2nd time I had my Girard RV tankless water heater blow out a hole in the copper elbow area. I contacted Girard to get the replacement the first time it happened but this time I’m thinking about repairing it instead of paying $700 to replace it. What do any of you fellow RVer’s recommend for fixing it? Copper elbow or some kind of patch? And do you think JB WELD could possibly work over a patch? Any idea’s would be greatly appreciated!!  thanks, Mary S
    • When we decided to go fulltiming in 2010, we sold our mountaintop home and 400 acre forest property, but we kept our lakeside summer cottage on a 2 acre wooded lot. Over the years we've completely remodeled the cottage into a year round home with a full hookup RV site alongside to be both our base and our "hang up the keys" home. We didn't rent it out, instead letting family members use the property for vacations in exchange for helping with maintaining and improving the place. Now that our health has taken us off the fulltime road, we're going to be enjoying the best of both worlds we hope, by still making limited RV trips and having a home near our family to come back to.