Last ECR Update

SuiteSuccess

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pat,

Here is the 10 day. Looks like longjohns then sunshades.

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USTN0122:1:US

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

We are on the way from South TX and we have had great traveling weather. The last two days were right at 100 and we are trying to bring some on the warmth with us but we are losing temps every day as we travel northeast. We should be at Deer Run on Wednesday. Safe travels to all.

07 630 VNL Volvo
16 Smart Car
2017 DRV 40KSSB4

We are inbound today from Cookeville, TN after THOR and Freya finish getting spiffed up at S&S truck wash. We have been on the road for 10 straight days; sold our house and left sunny Southern California on March 27th. This will be our first HDT rally with our rig (we went to Kansas two years ago sans rig to see if we were cool with the whole HDT process; tried to go last year but our 5ver wasn't ready on time). Planning to get weighed, too. (The rig, not me, lol). Looking forward to meeting everyone!

2010 Volvo VNL 670 D13 500 HP Ishift - "THOR"

2016 DRV Elite Suites 38RSSA - "Freya"

2012 Smart For Two - "Loki"

Ron & Shelley Johnston, pilots

Toy, Nika, and Piranha, feline co-pilots and Demi-gods (at least if you ask them).

Planning to get weighed, too. (The rig, not me, lol).

If he lets you climb into the rig while it's on the scales he can not only weigh both you and your rig, but he can tell you how much of you is on the front axle and how much is on the rear axle as you drive. Just sayin'.

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

BillR supposed to arrive today. Not here yet so may not want to unhook yet.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Weather doesn't look too bad there. Looks like we get to drive through some snow tomorrow morning. I am pretty sure that is Bill and Joan's rig.

Nigel

2006 Volvo VNL 430, 2006 smart cabrio cdi, 2000 Triple E Topaz 30'

I don't know if this is their rig, but someone is just now coming thru Chattanooga.

VolvoSmart.jpg

Yup that was us in Chattanooga Arrived at Deer Run around 3.

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

Hi to all attending. I was fortunate to attend two of these a few years ago when I thought we were going to be full-timers. But heath and life hit and we have had to abandon the idea. Just last week I sold my Teton, I sold my smart last fall and still have a basket case truck for sale (hint hint) to someone with more ambition than money, but that's a separate story and I can be contacted privately about that. However I have several new in box items that I am or have listed on eBay that may be of interest to some of you. I have attached a list here and asked Carl to post a paper there that repeats it if you weren't online while going to the show. If enough people want things I can drive over 125mi ea way, otherwise we can use other methods and ship them to you, or if you're headed W across I-40 I can meet you in Nashville. Thanks for reading, Russ Barnes

• Bissell Little Green Deep Cleaner, NEW In Box , asking $100 great for spills and clean-up in RV’s
  • Oxygenics Brushed Nickel Body Spa Handheld Kit, NEW, asking $30, great for RV or homes that want the stronger feel of a great show
  • Bodyguard CUSTOM TRUCK Bug Deflector and Hood Protector; SMOKE, T2000, NEW Cost $305, asking $200, nicest looking one ever made and protects more hood.
  • Winegard Satellite Finder SF1000, Minor Use, $15
  • Wayfinder V2000 Digital Vehicle Compass, NEW in Box, $50
  • Quick Air 12v. Purifier and Ionizer, NEW in Box, $15
  • Innova Battery & Charging System Monitor #3721, NEW In Box, $25
  • Smart Car Parts
  • (3) Denso Iridium spark plugs #IXUH22 (5353), NEW in Boxes, $40 for (3)
  • Front Set, Dymax, Kevlar/Ceramic Brake pads, NEW in Box, $35
  • Custom Trailer hitch, Two Bike Rack, Swing down spare tire carrier….Together or in pieces, ask for photos and let’s talk price, not cheap
  • Kill A Watt P3 P4400 Kill A Watt Electricity Usage Monitor, Opened, not used, NEW in Box, $20
  • Chrome 2” ball, New in Box - $15
  • XM Radio - New in Box - $180 - $90
  • XM GEX XM receiver - New in Box - $130 - $60
  • Smart solar 100 Solar Vent (car, RV, shed, boat) - New in Box - $55 - $20
  • Telesteps 1400T telescoping ladder, 250# cap, 28”-10 ½’ - cost new $215 - $155, maybe used 5-8 times
  • PORTABLE NON-ELECTRIC WATER SOFTENER new, 23” x 9 ¼”, never used - New in Box, $199 - $145
  • Oreck XL, Walnut Style Air Purifier factory recond, new price $99 - $75
  • FloJet Macerator New, never wet, in case - $175, Model 18555-000
  • Road Trip Grill, Carry Case w/wheels, Cover and Second grille new, never used, #9941-768, total retail on Amazon $461 - $325
  • 20ft, 2 Gauge 600 amp jumper cable set, New in Box - $25
  • Roto-Chok set , New, once were the best chocks available - $50
  • Smart Dryer - fold out clothes rack that mounts on ladder - New price $99 - $65
  •  

I am about 125 miles away. I have sold some other things to other HDT Escapees members that I can bring to them and could bring some of these items to the Rally if we can pick the best day that week (any day but Tuesday the 12th). But only if enough sells to make sense to spend on gas getting there. Look over, call or email and I can send a photo, or you can look up on the Internet.

Russ Barnes (615) 330 - 6930

barnstormer36@gmail.com

Leaving (hopefully early AM) tomorrow. Headed for Blacksburg Va tomorrow and hope to arrive thurs early PM. Hope everyone has a safe trip and God Bless.

Bill will see you Thurs. Pat

The Old Sailor

Leaving the Dallas area at some point today .... will spend Wed/Thus night in Little Rock and arrive on Friday.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

Leaving east central Florida this morning and plan to arrive Deer Run site 339 Thursday afternoon. Probably overnight an hour either side of Atlanta and thinking about staying at a Walmart, a first for us newbies!

IMG_3217a.jpg.c718bc170600aa5ce52e515511d83cb7.jpg

Jim & Wilma

2006 Travel Supreme 36RLQSO

2009 Volvo VNL730, D13, I-shift, ET, Herrin Hauler bed, "Ruby"

2017 Smart

Class of 2017

Everyone drive safely. Nine rigs here and campfire stories have already begun. Let's see we've covered politics, electronics, DOT, and we're getting to fishin', husbands and wives. No lack of entertainment.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Everyone drive safely. Nine rigs here and campfire stories have already begun. Let's see we've covered politics, electronics, DOT, and we're getting to fishin', husbands and wives. No lack of entertainment.

Hi Carl,

Do you know if Road Fitter is coming this year ?

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Hi Carl,

Do you know if Road Fitter is coming this year ?

Al

Last I heard, his truck broke down and he won't make it here.

He'll be missed.

Steve & Gail

2000 Volvo VNL660 Autoshift Detroit 60 12.7 "Semi Crazy"

2016 smart "Lil Crazy"

2018 Space Craft 48' TT "The Nut House"

KJ4YGY & KK4CTE

Volvo w SpaceCraft 1024.jpg

Last I heard, his truck broke down and he won't make it here.

He'll be missed.

Thanks Steve,

I needed to talk to him for some advice on repairs to my truck. I will bring my quotes with me and I know the group can give me some advice/help.

See you in a couple of days,

Al

Al, as Steve said, truck troubles made him cancel.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Al, as Steve said, truck troubles made him cancel.

Hi Carl,

That is to bad. I think Ken was looking forward to the rally.

Hey Ken,

If you are out there, we are all thinking about you. Hope we can get together this summer.

Al

Left WNY after work with the baby truck. Looking forward to meeting everyone and exploring the idea of an HTD and full timing as a retirement option. I just hope the winds die down by morning or it's going to be a long day. lol Hopefully arriving by early afternoon Friday.

Sean

Sean

Stopped over at Walmart in Cartersville, GA. About 15 minutes after arriving, storm rolled through with enough hail to make me wonder about the the skylight. Good thing about storm is it chased away a lot of the "noise".

IMG_3217a.jpg.c718bc170600aa5ce52e515511d83cb7.jpg

Jim & Wilma

2006 Travel Supreme 36RLQSO

2009 Volvo VNL730, D13, I-shift, ET, Herrin Hauler bed, "Ruby"

2017 Smart

Class of 2017

Was 36 degrees and snowing when we left at 6:30pm. Now in Madison for the evening, supposed to be 33 tonight. Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

I will be heading out Saturday afternoon with arrival Sunday Morning.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Archived