Tour to Fitzgeralds Gliders From ECR

JPL

Last year there was a tour of the Fitzgeralds Gliders plant during the ECR. I have been in cantact with them and they would again welcome a group if anyone would be interested. Looking at the 14th for the date. Anyone want to make the trip? Just let me know. Thanks, Pat

The Old Sailor

I do not want to go this year because I went last year. However, it was well worth my time last year and I am glad I went. Nice tour.

Jim

Volvo+and+Travel+Supreme+400+x+103.jpg

2001 Volvo 770, Detroit 60 Series, Gen 2 Autoshift

Passenger assist elevator to enter cab - for when we need it, or sell it?

'05 Travel Supreme Select 40 RLQSO 5th wheel

2016 smart car

We started full timing on December 1st 2014

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness - Mark Twain
Not all that wander are lost - J. R. R. Tolkien

Pat,

Thanks for getting this together. Due to my ECR commitments and a project I'm doing on Thursday I can't go but I appoint you official chief, lol.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Whats Next, Hope you and your wife can make it. Shirleys brother-in-law retired from the Volvo plant. We got to tour it when they were building Volvos in one end and Macks in the other end. My Daddy was born in Dublin and I grew up in Roanoke and DW is from Blacksburg so we know western Va. The people who went last year say its worth the trip. As we get closer and we know about how many people we are talking about then we can get a solid date(14th). Looking forward to meeting you . We haven't been to a rally since 2011 and that one was in Myrtle Beach. We didn't have a HDT then. Bought it a month later from a Escapee man. We did make 2010 in Va Beach with our 550. We were welcomed but were small! Two weeks and counting. Pat

The Old Sailor

• 3 weeks later...

Just a reminder if anyone is intrested in visiting the Fitzgeralds Gliders knowing the group went last year I have been intouch with them and a tour can be aranged. I'll be watching this post and think we'll be at site 327(sounds like a small block Chevrolet) but I was told that might change again. Hope to hear from anyone interested and hope to see all at the ECR! Be safe. Pat

The Old Sailor

David We'll be at 327(Small Block Chevrolet) if she doesn't change her mind again. We should be there about the same time. I think tues morning will be the time but we can talk when we get there. Right now we plan on going to Makers Mark Distillery in Loretta Ky Friday morning. They say about 3 hrs. Want to come along? Again it can be a discussion for thurs. For all that want to go or just want info see me thurs. Everyone have a safe trip and God Bless> Pat

The Old Sailor

Archived