• 0 replies
  9. Shredder

• 24 replies
    • 2.4k views
RVers Online University

mywaggle.com

campgroundviews.com

RV Destinations

Find out more or sign up for Escapees RV'ers Bootcamp.

Advertise your product or service here.

RVTravel.com Logo

• Topics

• Hi everyone Hope all is well I've been full-timing in my RV for 3 years now and love it. Been around the country 1.5X.      My issue is I have a terrible reaction to driving on roads with drop offs, cliffs or switchbacks. I get a serious case of vertigo so I CAN'T do them - EVER. windy and up/down doesn't bother me. It's the falling. Anyway, I want to travel from Missoula MT to Lewiston ID in July. Route 12 doesnt look bad but that thin road along a very windy river would give problems if it had any drop offs. looks like there might be a drop off by Lolo Pass but not sure from videos I found. Any suggestions? Is route 12 better than I think? Should I go through Couer dAlene? I have a 35ft 5th wheel. I'm looking to eventually domicile up there somewhere, Idaho, Montana? any thoughts on a less stressful route? Thanks  
    • Emergency Room care is expensive!
    • So Lou, tell us how many weigh stations you have stopped and been weighed in, how many you stopped in and got information, and what states they were in. 
    • We've traveled through most of the states west of I-75 in the past few years, with a 21k trailer pulled by a tandem axle Kenworth, and have yet to pull into a weigh station, or see a sign indicating that we should.
    • Not sure about them removing the existing roof as a normal practice.  I have a FA roof on my NH which was done by the previous owner and there is an area of about 10 square feet where the original roof material has delaminated from the underlayment.  Depending on the weather conditions, the area does balloon up at times.  I am not concerned about leaks but am concerned about tearing in some strong winds etc.