Texas Motor Speedway Camping

Has anyone camped at the Texas Motor Speedway for a race? Is camping in the infield an adult oriented adventure? I would like to bring the grandkids but am totally unsure about the environment.

Any information appreciated.

2019 Jayco 5th Wheel 28.5RSTS  2017 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.2L

We have friends who did once stay in the parking area and they said that they would never go back because of the heavy drinking and loud parties, but I can't think of anyone we know who has stayed in the infield. It might be better controlled there, but I'd say you are right to be checking first, with kids.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I did some more research since this morning. I'm viewing this as an adults only venture. There is a small family camping area but it is adjacent to the WinStar camping areas. I will probably just fight the traffic when I take the grandkids

Thanks for the reply.

2019 Jayco 5th Wheel 28.5RSTS  2017 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.2L

I was a season ticket holder for 10 years at TMS and there are loud parties going on at every camping area that is reserved. Most campsites are on the east side of track, if you go the the west side where camping is not reserved you might not find the party animals. For ten years even in the reserved campsite the parties did not bother my wife and I more than a couple of times they were just too loud. It seems like now they have LE people that patrol and attempt to keep noise down. The family camping is mainly tent the best I remember, we quit going when they got the second NASCAR Sprint race because they priced us out, it was going to cost us more than $3000 a season for the three weekends of races and three weekends of dry camping. They do have a paved with hook up camping area that is expensive that might be better for young campers. I have never camped inside the track but I have heard it is one big party in there.

I just read their new camping policy and there is a family campground now days but it is only 158 sites with wildness going on all around:

FAMILY CAMPGROUND RESERVED

Approximately 158 sites on the east side of the Victory Circle campground in rows 59-68. Bordered by Victory Circle on the east and Gordon Road on the north. This area will be completely fenced in, feature a separate vehicle entrance off of Victory Circle, around-the-clock presence by the Fort Worth Police Department and/or Texas Motor Speedway security staff, a 10:00 P.M. noise curfew, and zero tolerance policy on any disruptive behavior.

• 2015 Season -- $350
  • April Weekend -- $200
  • June Weekend -- $75
  • November Weekend -- $200

Dave Watkins

Highland Village, TX

2014 F-350 Dually

Open Range 349RLR

VisitedStatesMap.gif

Do Craig's list search for the vip outside parking. Everyone's asleep by 10pm. And you can get a deal for the fall race cuz everyone's hunting. Spent many years there, now I'm a infield guy. Yes there are some "not kid appropriate" shenanigans in the infield. But it's very few and far between. The big thing is music after 10pm. Keep the kids on a short leash from 7-12pm and you'll be fine. Not anything like the infield use to be from years ago. Getting more family friendly every year.

Sitting at Charlotte motor speedway right now waiting for the all star race this weekend. !!!!!!!!!

2009 Volvo 780. D-16 500hp 1850 torque with a Herrin hauler bed.

2015 Continental Coach

2008 650cc Suzuki Bergman

2013 Mustang GT 500 convertible

2014 Smartcar convertible

WWW.Hollyfab.com. (Metal Fabrication Company)

Jamesc@hollyfab.com (preferred contact method)

Archived