Rand McNally support

Ronbo

I have replied in the recent past about the poor tech support from Rand McNally. I just received it back yesterday from repair. I plugged it into my computer and had the same problem. Unable to update. I called today and talked with a very nice lady named Lonetta. She did her thing and got a senior tech on the computer. They were not able to resolve the problem.

she is sending me the newer model out no charge and I will ship this one back. She has done more than all the other techs in the past. I would now be able to purchase another Rand McNally product with confidence.

I have replied in the recent past about the poor tech support from Rand McNally. I just received it back yesterday from repair. I plugged it into my computer and had the same problem. Unable to update. I called today and talked with a very nice lady named Lonetta. She did her thing and got a senior tech on the computer. They were not able to resolve the problem.

she is sending me the newer model out no charge and I will ship this one back. She has done more than all the other techs in the past. I would now be able to purchase another Rand McNally product with confidence.

I had a similar situation with my Rand McNally a few years ago. The unit was right at two years old and I decided to get the "lifetime" map upgrade. Bought it on line but couldn't get it to load onto my device. Made multiple calls to support with reports "Oh, that unit is obsolete", we will let you "upgrade right now for $$$". I declined since the unit was only 2 years old. After posting on the RV Network I got a call from my own Lonetta, she was able to get the unit to take the upgraded map and all was good for another couple years, until I got the dreaded black screen. I could still hear the directions to my trip but could not see the map. It would still tell me when I was going 5mph over the posted speed limit but nothing I could do would bring back the picture to the screen. No one came to my rescue either, after posting here.

I am now using Google Maps or Copilot on my Samsung 7 inch pad. It works ok, but is not as easy as the Rand. I have been tempted to try another one but so far have held off. IF I start moving more often or am changing my routes significantly I will look at the Garmin and Rand McNally and buy the less expensive one probably used off ebay.

Rod

Archived