Dash Cam

SWharton

There are so many options and coming out that recommendations are difficult.

Just make sure is runs automatically when the ignition is on. Get as large storage card to keep as much recording time as possible.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

That pretty much says it all. This entire facet of the industry is in flux. Most cams come from China. If you can get one with 64gb micro SD card that would be a plus. It should be able to display the recorded video back. Sound would be nice but the laws involving the recording of sounds (conversations) are tricky. It should record continuously and begin recording over old videos if it runs out of space on the card.

Built in GPS is good to show the locations. Date and time. Color is good. Full HD is almost required in order to display license plate numbers.

Some start when you move the vehicle and some just start when you plug them in. I have one that I use as a security cam pointed out the side window (where a thief might reasonable try the door) behind a curtain. It's not available any more.

Some record your face and voice. I think I'd avoid those. I'd prefer to concentrate on the other guy but it might be interesting.

WDR

1993 Foretravel U225 with Pacbrake and 5.9 Cummins with Banks

1999 Jeep Wrangler, 4" lift and 33" tires

Raspberry Pi Coach Computer

Ham Radio

https://dashcamtalk.com/ is a good source of reviews and comparisons. Plus Amazon reviews and lots of YouTube reviews.

We have a G1WH from Amazon. Cost us $54 plus $14 for a 32GB Class 6 microSD card, since a Class 10 card was too fast for the dashcam. Records 6 hours of 1080p video.

If you are in California, put up a sign inside that says "camera records audio" or turn off the microphone due to their laws. (Remember Hollywood is in California.)

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

I recently bought the Panorama G. It has built in GPS and records positiion, speed, and altitude along with the video. Nice if you want to display a map along with the image. I haven't looked at any of the video since I first purchased it; just let it turn on when I start the coach and turn off when the coach shuts down. I purchased it after almost unloading my cabinets when a car pulled in front of me in heavy traffic. Thought I might need something to confirm my story of what happened.

As previously posted, check out https://dashcamtalk.com/

Archived