go to store and forgot mask

GlennWest

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We have disposable masks secreted away in every nook and cranny of each vehicle.  I always manage to leave the car without one, and as I turn to go back to the car my wife whips out an extra one from her purse. She seems to keep an infinite supply in there as well. 

Edited by mptjelgin

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

Dave had one with him in the car but forgot to put in on when returning home before getting to the elevator lobby. He went back for it and his phone which was sitting by the mask. Some days are like that.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Same here. We have two in each car, and two boxes of 50 pleated masks for outdoors and I have seven N95 masks left, two of which stay in the car for stores and  grocery stops. I wear RayBan Aviators non polarized with a 2X reading bifocal for driving so I can see the road without a lens and the reading bifocal is great for the car's tablet screen and in stores so I can read prices/sizes/ingredients.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

I went to Harbor Freight Saturday and didn't have a mask in the car... Walked in the store and by the time people freaked out I was at the register where they sell some....Told the clerk I'd pay for them when I paid for the rest of my stuff....

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

56 minutes ago, rpsinc said:

. . . I am willing to do it for those around me.

Me too.

2 gypsies,

I am glad they are enforcing it too. I don't wear one in my car but almost every time I get out to go in a store I get out of the car start to walk to the doors, see the masks on others, feel my red face as I go get mine that I forgot to put on. :rolleyes:

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

1 hour ago, RV_ said:

Me too.

2 gypsies,

I am glad they are enforcing it too. I don't wear one in my car but almost every time I get out to go in a store I get out of the car start to walk to the doors, see the masks on others, feel my red face as I go get mine that I forgot to put on. :rolleyes:

Enforcing this is a boubled edge sword. I have not been able to get a job welding since this came into effect. jfyi

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

2 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

Same here.  It's just a natural thing to put on now.  I'm glad stores are requiring it.

The change in the Mesa, AZ area the last few weeks has been dramatic.  And it is working, the positivity rate/hospitalization rates are down.  Had to go into a Batteries Plus store today because I needed an older battery design for our MiFi, Verizon no longer carries it, they did.  Big sign on door, Mask required, disposable ones available for sale inside.  Everyone coming in had one on.  Most had white hair, like me, as did the manager.  The people doing repairs in back had theirs hanging on hooks next to their workbench, slipped them on as they brought the item to the counter after fixing.  No one through a fit,  it just felt like normal.

I'm taking a break from sewing fall/Halloween masks for my daughter, who teaches Special Ed, and her aide.  I've made several masks this summer, so we have a supply in the car to use, plus several boxes of disposable ones (Costco's) on hand.  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

6 hours ago, GlennWest said:

How many of you have done this.Used DW vechile today. Smart still on truck. Got ot store and remenbered forgot mine. None in wife car. Drove back to rv. 

I've driven to a store and discovered I forgot my wallet.  Spare masks = yes. - - Spare wallet = nope.  No cards or cash!  Had to return for same.  Spare masks are way easier.

Just yesterday I ordered a pizza.  Small shop - has great pizza, friendly people.  There was one other person - an average looking young guy in the shop, ordering. I had a mask on - along with everyone  working in the shop.  Guy ordering = no mask. Shop also has plexiglass at the counter between the employees & customer/s.

My pizza was ready to go, got it and paid.  The guy ordering hadn't finished when I walked out.  He exited shortly after I did - headed to his car (about 50' away) to do something.  On the way, he let go with a *humongous* sneeze!!

He said he liked my car (from a distance).  Said thanks, and....

"Think if you had sneezed like that inside the shop, everyone would have been ducking for cover"!!  - (Me too!) -  "We" both got  a laugh out of that.......but it was true. 

Edited by Pappy Yokum

Today I went for my first haircut since this thing hit. Stylists and customers are required to wear masks. I asked how she was going to trim around my ears and  she said she would use her comb to lift the elastic just far enough to give her access then she would reverse that. I was amazed at how well that worked! Since they are required by law to use a sanitized comb for each customer I felt safe letting her do that. It's so nice not to have that mop on my head anymore.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

8 hours ago, Jim & Alice said:

Same observation over here in the Yuma area, Barb.   Masks work.

And also in Dallas area. Dallas county had reached daily positive test reports between 1000 & 1200 when masks were mandated and enforced. This week the reports have averaged just over 200 per day and continue to decline. Hospitalized covid patients were reported yesterday as at 40% of what the number was at the peak and they continue to decline. Deaths have also dropped by more than half as many per day. 

One interesting thing that seems to go with the vast majority wearing a mask is that the maintaining of social distancing also increases. TV news did a story on that recently and said that most people agreed that they were more aware of social distancing and avoiding touching the face, when wearing a mask. There were very few in the story who still question the importance of wearing a mask and they found no major stores that are not requiring customers & employees to wear them. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

6 minutes ago, GlennWest said:

I sure didn't want this to turn into a Hail Mask story. I hate them. Put me out of work. Feel they do more harm than good. 

You have me curious as to how mask requirements are interfering with your ability to get welding work?

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Just now, Dutch_12078 said:

You have me curious as to how mask requirements are interfering with your ability to get welding work?

Our jobs are plant maintance and new construction. Plants won't issue badges due to this virus and distanceing laws. So basically if you are out of work when the mask and distancing laws came in effect, you don't get a job. I have not worked since april. 

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1