Zelle or Venmo or ???

Velos

We haven't carried a checkbook in a long time and some places, believe it or not., don't take cash?? 

I have been looking into Electronic or Mobile Payment Methods (Peer to Peer payments) and wondered if any one here has used either Zelle or Venmo? Do you use it often?  Is it easy to use? any comments appreciated.

https://www.creditkarma.com/savings/i/zelle-vs-venmo-what-to-know?fbclid=IwAR3iYMR1UFWvxMnuHnqakapsyQhlMDRrdK45nhD31vpvcpMv1DdWdY4cWZA

PayPal is costly to person receiving. Guy I bought from wanted me to use Zele but I decided. He stated it was lots cheaper to use and he had great service with it. I still never used it though

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

We use Zelle all the time to send money to our daughter for supplies for her classroom.  And since we send money for special items they would like for birthdays and Christmas, it is so easy and not have to worry about the mail system.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

We've used both Zelle and Venmo.  No problems with either of them.

But we rarely use those to send presents to grandkids.  It's difficult to beat Amazon gift cards.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

I use Venmo and Zelle daily.

Venmo you can send money through them, from your bank account or a credit card. In case you didn't know paypal owns venmo.

Zelle is bank account to bank account.

Both have worked out great for me. Like anything else in the money transfer game there is risk.

2024 GMC 3500HD DRW Denali Diesel

2019 Keystone Avalanche 396BH

USN Retired

Sad, just sad is all I can say.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

5 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

What is and why?

business that won't accept cash. 

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

3 hours ago, lappir said:

RV park we are in will not accept cash.  Only checks and credit card with a 3% service fee.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

3 hours ago, lappir said:

Cash is a pain, from the business point of view. It's an asset that's hard to insure, it needs to be inventoried, deposit runs to the bank don't yield tangible returns. When compared to the percentage the Credit Card companies withhold, that customers have been conditioned to pay, cash is an inconvenience.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

36 minutes ago, TXiceman said:

RV park we are in will not accept cash. 

When we first moved to TX we lived in an apartment complex until we could find and buy a house. The apartment complex would accept checks or credit cards, but no cash. They told me that the reason was that they did not bond their employees. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

1 hour ago, Darryl&amp;Rita said:

Cash is a pain, from the business point of view. It's an asset that's hard to insure, it needs to be inventoried, deposit runs to the bank don't yield tangible returns. When compared to the percentage the Credit Card companies withhold, that customers have been conditioned to pay, cash is an inconvenience.

Not to mention the issue of actually handling the money. Money, especially bills, is really pretty dirty.

With the current issues related to COVID, many businesses would rather the customer handle the transaction themselves with a credit card and a card reader, or with some touchless system. 

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

On 11/6/2021 at 9:19 AM, jamtracy said:

I use Venmo and Zelle daily.

Venmo you can send money through them, from your bank account or a credit card. In case you didn't know paypal owns venmo.

Zelle is bank account to bank account.

Both have worked out great for me. Like anything else in the money transfer game there is risk.

This is a direct copy N past from the Zelle terms and conditions:

"THE SERVICE IS INTENDED TO SEND MONEY TO FRIENDS, FAMILY AND OTHERS YOU TRUST. YOU SHOULD NOT USE THE SERVICE TO SEND MONEY TO RECIPIENTS WITH WHOM YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR OR YOU DO NOT TRUST."

(to me this means both sender and recipient must have each others bank account numbers)

To me this means it should not be used to pay an RV park while traveling. In addition, the recipient must take actions to actually receive the money, it is not all that convenient.(per video link)

That brings up an important question; has anyone actually real ALL the Zelle terms and conditions before clicking accept?

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

On 11/7/2021 at 2:54 PM, Ray,IN said:

(to me this means both sender and recipient must have each others bank account numbers)

Well, that is not true. You do not give your account number to anyone nor to you need the recipients account number. If you want to send money to someone all you need is their email address. It is up to the recipient to set up a Zelle account to receive the funds. 

Most of the Terms and Conditions in Zelle or other similar things is to make sure Zelle has no liabilities or their liability is limited to a very narrow scope. It is all lawyerese.  

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg