whats the best luxury 5th wheel

norm62

A really loaded question.  There are many manufacturers and customers for all of them.  Each has pluses and minuses.  Depends on what you are looking for.  New or used.  New to RVing or some or alot of experience.  Handy and willing to remodel and repair or need factory warranty because you arent handy.

Marcel

6 hours ago, norm62 said:

whats the best luxury 5 th wheel rv and why?

One brokered through me, because I can get you everything you want at a mutually beneficial price.

How can I contact you?

Edited by DanZemke
clarity

Volvo 770, New Horizons Majestic and an upcoming Smart car

IMHO, New Horizons seems to be the leader.

Others I would consider are Space Craft, LUX, DRV.  I consider our Keystone Cambridge to be "luxury", but it is not made any more like so many of the nicer, well built units that disappeared in the 2006-2008 economic crash.  For someone currently tent camping a new pop-up would be luxury.  A very hard term to define without goals and price point.

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

On 9/17/2020 at 8:33 AM, DJohns said:

The continental coach on this sites classified section. Lot of coach for the money.

X2.  You can debate what's "best" until the cows come home, but this one looks like a very good deal.  But don't even think about pulling it without a bike big truck.

Edited by rickeieio

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

• 4 months later...

Well, we're sort of looking for a used luxury 5'er. We're currently in a Foretravel that was $350,000 new - in 1993. Looking at Mobile Suites mainly, but checking others too. Since we're in Wyoming right now a Teton would be appropriate...

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

55 minutes ago, kb0zke said:

Well, we're sort of looking for a used luxury 5'er. We're currently in a Foretravel that was $350,000 new - in 1993. Looking at Mobile Suites mainly, but checking others too. Since we're in Wyoming right now a Teton would be appropriate...

Before deciding on a Mobile Suite, consider Luxe or a New Horizon.  Even a used New Horizon.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

A real quick Google search produced these results.

Travel in Style: Top 5 Luxury Fifth Wheels
  • Grand Design Solitude.
  • Forest River Cardinal.
  • Crosswoods Redwood.
  • DRV Mobile Suites.
  • Luxe Toy Hauler.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

28 minutes ago, jenandjon said:

A real quick Google search produced these results.

Travel in Style: Top 5 Luxury Fifth Wheels
  • Grand Design Solitude.
  • Forest River Cardinal.
  • Crosswoods Redwood.
  • DRV Mobile Suites.
  • Luxe Toy Hauler.

Yeah, 'cause Google is def the ultimate authority.. (Although a couple of those are actually decent choices..) Jay

Edited by Jaydrvr

I guess you will need to describe luxury to me. If it means countertops of YOUR choice, Hardwood floors, picking out your own fixtures as far as plumbing and lighting that YOU like, altering the floorplan to YOUR liking, doing a paint colors that YOU want, add in appliances that YOU want there are only a couple options. 

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2021 at 7:41 AM, DJohns said:

New Horizons or Spacecraft (more$$$$).  Read DRV reviews or issues. Hard to find issues with New Horizons.

I know several NH owners who have had issues. NH just makes fewer trailers than DRV, so fewer reviewsl

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

I bought a used Cardinal and it had some issues to sort out.  All of the issues were due to the last owners neglect.  Add in a shady salesman selling on consignment. Lets just say it was a learning experience and I'm glad I purchased the extra warranty.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

If we are talking about older used 5ers, don't forget Carriage.  They went under in the Great Recession.  We bought a 2006 Carri-Lite 36KSQ.  We lived in it for a year to figure out what we wanted to change and then had a rebuild done.  We still came out way ahead of new on costs and made very few compromises.

Wayne & Jinx
2017 F-350 diesel, dually
2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

Jinx and Wayne

2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ