Class C

For those of you that travel in a Class C.

138 topics in this forum

• 8 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 1.2k views
    • 0 replies
    • 9 replies
  1. Full-timing in a Class C?

• 3 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 1.6k views
  2. Top quality Class C?

• 2 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 1.3k views
    • 3 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 4 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 1.7k views
    • 8 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 1k views
    • 0 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 2.2k views
    • 9 replies
  3. leveling system

• 4 replies
    • 1.4k views
    • 4 replies
    • 1.2k views
    • 2 replies
    • 1.6k views
  4. Kelderman Air Suspension

• 1 reply
    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
  5. Isata F-series

• 10 replies
RVers Online University

mywaggle.com

campgroundviews.com

RV Destinations

Find out more or sign up for Escapees RV'ers Bootcamp.

Advertise your product or service here.

The Rvers- Now Streaming

RVTravel.com Logo

• Topics

• Around here right now anyway, midgrade or premium gas is more than diesel. The new Ford 7.3 gas engine calls for 87 octane which in high elevation states would be midgrade. Fuel in general is getting pricey.
    • Not sure you are really considering "engine" noise, but perhaps engine noise you hear in the drivers seat. Yes DPs will produce less noise in the drivers seat due to location of the engine but the engines themselves, well most diesels will be noisier esp under hard accelaration.  Unless you will be towing something heavy, there is no reason to dismiss gas engines.  Those chassis are designed for that service and they are less expensive for a Class C properly outfitted.
    • Had heard good things about this item, so less than 3 years ago I bought one. Seemed to work as advertised up until a few days ago when I got it out to help with my recent Tool Box project. Charged up the battery at my newly located and hopefully where I will always have my charger (maybe after removing the one for this). Put the battery on and pulled the trigger and it maybe did a half turn before stopping and hasn't move a mm since. I've tried recharging the battery but it shows a full charge. I tried assisting with the move thinking it maybe had a "Dead Spot" but nothing worked. Just got off the phone with the Harbor Freight help and they suggested finding a "Qualified Technician" to investigate further and maybe have parts at their disposal. "Harbor Freight has no replacement parts and since you didn't opt for the "Extended" Warranty replacement is not an option." So I'm preparing to become a "Qualified Tech" and open the stupid thing up. Anyone operated on one yet?    Rod    
    • When I was still running the farm, I crunched the numbers pretty hard.  I had 4 consecutive V-10 trucks, while my partners had diesels.  My operating costs were significantly lower.  Power diff was moot as we weren't working them that hard on a full time basis.  But then, my 2020 f-150 makes more usable power than the early PowerStrokes.
    • And diesel mechanics appear to be fewer in number.