Class C

For those of you that travel in a Class C.

99 topics in this forum

• 8 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply
  1. Looking for a Super C

• 6 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 3 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 6 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 8 replies
  2. Driver seat replacement

• 4 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 33 replies
  3. Getting into overhead bunk

• 2 replies
    • 3 replies
  4. Road noise

• 4 replies
    • 10 replies
  5. 1994 Class C Remodel

• 1 reply
  6. Newbies with 'Oldie'

• 2 replies
  7. Carry Mobility Scooter

• 6 replies
    • 24 replies
  8. George

• 5 replies
RVers Online University

campgroundviews.com

Our program provides accurate individual wheel weights for your RV, toad, and tow vehicle, and will help you trim the pounds if you need to.

DFW RV Roof

RVAir The cleanest air in RVing!

Rv Share

Dish For My RV.

Find out more or sign up for Escapees RV'ers Bootcamp.

Advertise your product or service here.

The Rvers- Now Streaming

AGS Now Hiring

RV Pet Safety

RVTravel.com Logo

• Topics

• This morning I was taking trash to the dumpster. My neighbor was talking to her cat. The cat sat there like she was listening. I went back to the RV. My Golden Retriever was on the patio so I took my coffee out there and told him about the neighbor talking to her cat. We both had a big laugh.
    • Unless you have a camper that dates back to the 80's your water lines should be PEX.  Earlier systems were a gray colored plastic pipe made of Polybutylene.  Some campers continued to use soft copper pipe with no-solder compression fittings. The weakest part of the PEX system used on RV's is the cheap plastic L's and similar connectors/fittings commonly used to save a few pennies.  Hopefully you have brass fittings rather than black plastic - the gray plastic fittings are somewhat stronger than the black ones.  The brass Shark Bite no crimp connectors are very durable.  1/2" PEX has a burst pressure of almost 500 psi at 75 degrees F.  It will expand under pressure - the plastic fittings will not expand.  You will not break a PEX line unless you hook directly to a fire hydrant. When the "fixed" regulators first appeared and Polybutylene pipe was used most all RV manufacturers advised a maximum pressure of 40 psi.  These in-line fixed 40-psi devices were NOT true regulators but rather flow restrictions with a spring loaded stop valve that caused a drop in pressure once a water faucet was turned on.   IMHO, the most sensitive part of a RV water system to high pressure is the toilet.  The flush valve can easily fail at "high" pressure.  Second is the water supply hose - the "white hose" that sits in the sun on a hot day with a park having 80 psi at the water connection.  Anyway, I use the adjustable brass unit with a gauge as shown in the previous pics and set the pressure going into the camper at 60 psi provided the particular park I am in has that much pressure.  I try to put the regulator at or as close as possible to the park connection.  If the park pressure is below 40 psi I fill my fresh water tank and run my 5.2 GPM variable speed pump set to 60 psi. I have encountered park pressures as low as 20 psi and as high as 110 psi.  They are all a crap shoot.  BTW - the glycerin filled gauges are a better quality than what we usually buy for our regulators.  They are externally water proof, made of stainless steel and brass and less likely to be damaged by freezing temps.    
    • https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/custom-built-hoses