Aftermarket supplemental engine gauge recommendation

Sofies Folks

I am wanting to purchase an OBDII supplemental gauge display to get real-time accurate feedback on the 7.3 gas engine and transmission. Assuming I'll want coolant temp, transmission fluid temp and either oil temp or pressure.  Any suggestions on what I may be overlooking here?  If you have a set-up you like, whose is it??

Thanks, Rick

Welcome to the forums! If you don't get a response here you may want to make a supplemental post to one of the other forums.  Is it correct to assume that your Greyhawk rides on a Ford chassis?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

On 1/19/2022 at 7:30 AM, Kirk W said:

Welcome to the forums! If you don't get a response here you may want to make a supplemental post to one of the other forums.  Is it correct to assume that your Greyhawk rides on a Ford chassis?

Yes .. their new 7.3L gas.  Previous nightmare was a 6.0L diesel also by Ford.  They have dumbed down the gauges to the point where they tell that you HAVE a problem .. not that a problem is approaching.

On 1/19/2022 at 9:43 AM, palmeris said:

I use MX+ obd link.. you can load it on smart phone or tablet and you can select which PDI's you want to monitor, that way ypiu dont have to mess with guages and wires. I also use forscan app for any programing changes to the f450

I assume that information available is limited to sensors ford has installed .. but with your set-up can you see transmission fluid temp?

50 minutes ago, Sofies Folks said:

I assume that information available is limited to sensors ford has installed .. but with your set-up can you see transmission fluid temp?

I have an analog transmission temperature gauge on the dash, but the ScanGauge also shows the temp.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system