Maybe dodged a bullet ... need help finding a solid class C

brooksrimes

We came close to buying a Forest River Sunseeker 3050S from a private individual until we did reading here: https://www.rvinsider.com/Forest-River-Sunseeker-RV-Reviews?manu=Forest+River&brand=Sunseeker&sort=date&order=desc#wrapper_invert

There is one huge slide and several people had major problems with it.  There are also many complaints about quality of workmanship in general and the manufacturer not being responsive.

We knew what kind of class A to buy (Tiffin) but aren't really familiar with class Cs.  Besides Forest River, local dealers carry Coachman, Jayco and Thor.  Which of these have good quality and are responsive to customers?  Are Winnebago's solid class C's?  I think they might be.

Thanks!

Our daughter has a friend with a full wall slide Forest River motorhome and it has been in for repairs on the slide 4time now.  They were with them on the last trip and it took 6 men to push the slide in.   They have had it with the RV and are looking at Lemon Law and an attorney.

I personally would not have a full wall slide.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

5 hours ago, TXiceman said:

Our daughter has a friend with a full wall slide Forest River motorhome and it has been in for repairs on the slide 4time now.  They were with them on the last trip and it took 6 men to push the slide in.   They have had it with the RV and are looking at Lemon Law and an attorney.

I personally would not have a full wall slide.

Ken

We had a full wall slide on our Winnebago 34Y Class A and never had a problem with it. Oh, except for the time my cane fell over as we were closing the slide and it got caught but that was not a manufacturer's problem.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• 2 months later...

Lazy Daze class C.  There’s a two year waiting list to buy new but you may be able to find a used one.

Very well built and they hold their value.

SKP# 105622

• 6 months later...

We had a Minnie Winnie 31 ft class C and it was good and very few problems.  When you started listing the model, you need to see who the parent company really is.  Thor and Forest River account for something over 80% of the TV manufacturers in the US.  Winnebago is not owned by either of these so far.  Over the past few years, Jayco and Tiffin (Allegro and Vanleigh) have fallen to Thor.  Grand Design and Newmar were taken over by Winnebago.

With any large class C, be very aware of the GVWR and the cargo carrying capacity.  Most have very limited cargo carrying capacity.  As a condition of the sale, I would insist that the dealer weight the RV and see how much room you have for cargo.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

Also add Born Free to the list. I purchased my 2005 in 2010 and can attest to the build quality. I believe that the last Born Free built was in 2017.

Tom
—————————————————
2005 Born Free 24' Rear Bath
Towing 1978 VW Bug convertible
Minneapolis, MN