leveling system

Frenchy

After having a class A with hydraulic levelers, our next class C did not have them.  After two trips, we had the HWH system installed .  Out last two 5ers have had auto Big Foot levelers.

You can get by with out levelers and use plastic blocks if on a hard surface or 2 x 8 boards to level for all surfaces.  We find that there are a fair number of sites that need blocks to get close to level.  Lots of class C units, set a couple of inches low in the front and need to be be raised even on a level pad.  

Hydraulic levelers are very nice and expensive.  I guess it depends on how lazy you are.

Read your fridge manual and you will see that it has to be within so many degrees of level as operating off level will damage the RV fridge.

Also, turn off the CAPS lock key.  On the internet it is likened to shouting.

Ken

Edited by TXiceman

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

• 1 year later...

I was seeking a reasonably priced RV bubble level with a simple design when I came across this model. Despite their modest appearance, the two levels in the box enabled me to level my RV without any major issues or difficulties. As a result, I can state right away that this product is suitable for beginners.

Edited by johnpeters

22 minutes ago, johnpeters said:

I was seeking a reasonably priced RV bubble level with a simple design when I came across this model. Despite their modest appearance, the two levels in the box enabled me to level my RV without any major issues or difficulties. As a result, I can state right away that this product is suitable for beginners.

As for seeing if the RV is level, it is pretty cheap to invest in a 3-foot-long carpenters level.  Just place it in the center of the floor in the RV and check level front to back and side to side.

Like this

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot