What did you do to your truck today?

jenandjon

Measured and laid out where I'm going to mount a receiver for a bike rack behind the Drom box today.  Didn't drill or do any more than that until I actually get the bike rack here...

Av8r3400
Thunderstruck - 2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift
Slick - 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally got started on my cab mount bushings. I started on the passenger side. It wasn’t too hard. A little tight because I didn’t want to take the tire off. One of the 4 frame nuts was extremely difficult to take off, almost like it was cross threaded or had some debris in the threads. Everything else came right off. Now for the drivers side.

I imagine those were a big part of the noises I have been hearing.

73A4D95F-718A-4BFF-B56E-789C7917DFFC.jpeg

9FFE8649-936B-4B7D-9054-8D3E62FBD0B9.jpeg

Edited by Rotorhead
Spelling

21 hours ago, Rotorhead said:

I finally got started on my cab mount bushings. I started on the passenger side. It wasn’t too hard. A little tight because I didn’t want to take the tire off. One of the 4 frame nuts was extremely difficult to take off, almost like it was cross threaded or had some debris in the threads. Everything else came right off. Now for the drivers side.

I imagine those were a big part of the noises I have been hearing.

73A4D95F-718A-4BFF-B56E-789C7917DFFC.jpeg

9FFE8649-936B-4B7D-9054-8D3E62FBD0B9.jpeg

Where are these bushings located?

• Volvo 670 / 2006
  • 10-Speed 
  • ATV's & Sleds
  • 2017 Host Mammoth Slide-In Camper on Deck
  • Jackalopee
  • Build article published here

I replaced my leveling valve today.   I measured the height of the rear bumper to the ground with the old valve and it measured 16 1/4 inches, after installing the new valve it measured 15 1/2 inches.  there is no adjustment in the rod that goes from the valve to the frame.   Is 3/4 of an inch going to cause problems or should I make a new rod. Thanks

2000 Volvo VNL 610

2011 Cedar Creek 36RE

I completed my cab mounts with new bushings. All in all a very easy job. The only issue I had, I had on both sides. The lower front nut on both sides was extremely difficult to get off. The drivers side I ended up having to cut a chunk out of the nut on two sides. It started turning again after that. So I need a new bolt and nut to replace it. The only thing I can guess is that it was over torqued when it was installed. And I was basically doing a cross thread in reverse, if that makes sense. 

Anyway, it should be a big improvement in the ride since the cab won't be loose anymore. 

I attached a picture of the bolt and you can see the shiny flat spot. There are actually a couple of them.

And a picture of the new mount during the install.

Bolt.jpg

Mount.jpg

39 minutes ago, Sparky242 said:

Nice looking seats, where did you get then?

Seats Inc., Pinnacle model, from my local Volvo dealer.  They actually had the best price.  

Av8r3400

TEq81qV.jpg

11 hours ago, rickeieio said:

Install at the ECR?

Going to work on them this weekend for the trip down to the ECR.  Mama said the OG seats needed to go for this trip.

I can't get a bracket for the iShift handle for like 6-8 weeks, so I will need to fabricate my own.

The ECR project may be to add another camera to the top of the Drom Box.

Edited by Av8r3400

Av8r3400

TEq81qV.jpg

I spent most of this week cleaning the trailer and the truck mainly to get the pollen off them that happens every spring. Had to get up on the trailer roof to clean it and the solar panels. The passenger side of the trailer was covered in road tar from our trip last fall that I ended up having to take paint thinner to get most of it off and then waxing those areas.  The pollen was bad on the roof of the truck and the only way to get there was to climb up from a ladder on my truck bed to get most of it. The area above the windshield I couldn't reach from there so had to open the hood and climb up on the engine. Getting a little too old for all this climbing and scrubbing! All done now, just waiting for the rain this weekend.

Edited by Star Dreamer

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

I removed the old left rear fender and started planning for a new chrome fender.  It appears that it will need to have a gap of 1/2”-1” when aired down.  The aired up distance is 3”.  When I put 3 1/2” boards under the chrome fender it looks a bit too tall.  Still better than the homemade one.

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

Two weeks ago, Friday afternoon, 6 hours before we were to leave on a three week trip to Florida, driving down the street, a truck dropped a 6" piece of 2x4 that went under my truck and damaged the driveshaft. 

Took the truck to the dealer. Said to bring it in first thing Monday and they would try to get me back on the road.....

No Joy!.....Needs a whole new drive shaft and they cant get on for at least 6 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!

"What did I do to my truck today"..??      I missed it!   (And we never got to Florida!)

RoyB

South of Boston

2021 Dodge 2500 - 6.4L

Forest River 19RR Toy Hauler

Roofnest Falcon Rooftop Tent

www.rvbprecision.com

16 hours ago, GlennWest said:

Filled mine up today with diesel. ouch!

Same here and was happy I found diesel for $4.43, never thought I would be happy about that but brings up another plus that has been said before with large tanks brings the ability to load up on fuel when found at a low price

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

1 hour ago, dblr said:

Same here and was happy I found diesel for $4.43, never thought I would be happy about that but brings up another plus that has been said before with large tanks brings the ability to load up on fuel when found at a low price

Big tanks v/ small is sorta like pulling off a band-aid.  Big yank hurts more, but not many times.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio@yahoo.com

Glenn, having spent most of my life in the Houston area.  When they say hurricane, my intention is to run.  So, as we head into hurricane season, I will tend to keep my tank 1/2 full and my auxiliary tank full...just in case I need to head inland.   I will never understand the folks that want to know how to ride out a hurricane in their RV near the coast.   It has wheels on it...leave while you can.  The actual storm is just part of the problem.  The real misery comes in the days and weeks after the storm with no power, no phones, no groceries, etc. 

Where will you be working in Freeport, TX.  Over my career, I out lots on my refrigeration systems in the plants along the coast.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot