New Canadian Covid restrictions just now

NamMedevac 70

https://www.foxnews.com/world/canada-quarantine-travelers-suspend-flights-south

Trudeau government suspends all flights to Mexico and Caribbean and all travelers and returnees to Canada will have to quarantine at a hotel for 3 days at their own expense and take a mandatory covid test at their own expense with cost of more than 2000.00 Canadian $.

Trudeau said in addition to the pre-boarding test Canada already requires, the government will be introducing mandatory PCR testing at the airport for people returning to Canada.

"Travelers will then have to wait for up to three days at an approved hotel for their test results, at their own expense, which is expected to be more than $2,000," Trudeau said.

Plus 14 days at home plus another test at day 10. All at your expense. Last I heard those tests cost $300 each down here in the US. Canada may see Canadians trying to sneak across the border

Every country is trying to control this SARS-CoV-2 virus the best their experts can advise. I just got my 2nd vaccine shot Friday, still must adhere to the guidelines for distance and masking though.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

11 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

Every country is trying to control this SARS-CoV-2 virus the best their experts can advise. I just got my 2nd vaccine shot Friday, still must adhere to the guidelines for distance and masking though.

Maybe the the places with the most draconian lockdowns can have the highest rate of Chinese Flu. Look at Cali, they are number one in infections and have been since before Christmas. Lockdowns do not work. The Brits are another example.

Edited by agesilaus

56 minutes ago, agesilaus said:

Maybe the the places with the most draconian lockdowns can have the highest rate of Chinese Flu. Look at Cali, they are number one in infections and have been since before Christmas. Lockdowns do not work. The Brits are another example.

Where is Cali??  Never heard of the place?? Spelling???

Vladimr Steblina

Retired Forester...exploring the public lands.

usbackroads.blogspot.com

1 hour ago, agesilaus said:

Lockdowns only work if people abide by them.  Non-believers will continue to spread Covid.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

1 hour ago, agesilaus said:

So no proof just your feelings. Explain why Florida has less than half the infection rate that Cali has and Florida has no statewide lockdown

Where is your proof that Florida has less than half the infection rate of California?  My guess is that the source you used did not adjust for population.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Volvo 770, New Horizons Majestic and an upcoming Smart car

4 hours ago, agesilaus said:

Maybe the the places with the most draconian lockdowns can have the highest rate

The toughest controls that I know of are in Australia. They have had almost none.  I think that I would disagree with that statement. The USA is leading the world in cases and deaths. 

Australia Puts Perth In Lockdown Over One Covid Case

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

1 hour ago, DanZemke said:

Where is your proof that Florida has less than half the infection rate of California?  My guess is that the source you used did not adjust for population.

Thanks for that link. It's helpful to see number by population.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

41 minutes ago, agesilaus said:

Cali was 1350/million and FL was 780/million not quite two to one. That was a couple weeks ago.

Still no proof.  What's your source. I already cited mine.

It was

----------------

CA Tot Cases / 1M = 83,546
    FL Tot Cases / 1M = 81,147

83546/81147 == 1.029

3% percent is not almost double.

Volvo 770, New Horizons Majestic and an upcoming Smart car

3 hours ago, agesilaus said:

What is your proof?

A virus is not a living organism.  It does not have a cellular structure.  It cannot replicate or sustain itself outside of a host for any extended period of time.  No matter if it is the common cold, flu or any other of millions of known virus strains, science has proven time and time again that it is "best" spread among the susceptible populations by either direct contact where the virus is moved into the body by a contaminated surface touching an opening (i.e. mouth, nose, eyes, genitalia, open cuts or sores.) or through moisture expelled from an infected individual by talking, sneezing, coughing, spitting, singing, etc.).  A face mask worn by both an infected individual and one not-infected is a two way filter for body fluids expelled through the mouth or nose.  Isolation of infected individuals from non-infected individuals so that the virus cannot find a new host in order to replicate is the best known way to "kill off" the spread of a virus (we have effectively done this in hospitals for decades).  Isolation, even mandated lock-downs, no matter how unpleasant they may be, how damning they seem to our "rights" or how damaging to our economy they may seem, are scientifically know to be more effective than "herd immunity" or vaccinations in reducing the spread of a virus.  No matter how much inconvenience social distancing, wearing masks, quarantine, testing and sanitizing may seem they are insignificant compared to the death of individuals susceptible to the virus and secondary complications.  Anyone who says different probably also believes the moon is made of green cheese.   As for arguing with statistics such as the populations of California vs. Florida you cannot do that in isolation as a single factor giving irrefutable proof.  If you believe in that kind of statistics I can prove to you that putting sand in your engine oil will extend the interval between needed oil changes.

Flying virus! | The Why Files

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

6 hours ago, agesilaus said:

So no proof just your feelings. Explain why Florida has less than half the infection rate that Cali has and Florida has no statewide lockdown

I personally don't equate common sense  with feelings. But as I said it is obvious you are already convinced of your belief so just do your thing but not around me.

3 hours ago, RandyA said:

Anyone who says different probably also believes the moon is made of green cheese. 

*I* will argue that point!!  It is made up of YELLOW cheese, Colby to be exact!!  *I* have been there with a couple bottles of wine.... hehehehe

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

Deleted..... bad info from.. me...

Edited by NDBirdman

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

14 hours ago, agesilaus said:

There are two groups in this country Group A does not listen to Group B and vice versa. If you will not convince someone from the other group of whatever your point is. And you do not even speak the same language.

Actually, there are three groups.  Some of us look at both A and B and wonder how the country will survive them.

Wayne & Jinx
2017 F-350 diesel, dually
2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

Jinx and Wayne

2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ