New Wells Fargo Attune Credit card with 4% cash back on campgrounds and more

https://creditcards.wellsfargo.com/attune-credit-card/ - 4% cash back on camping, attractions, alternate transportation, events and more.  Earn a $100 cash rewards bonus
when you spend $500 in purchases in the first 3 months.   It also has some nice travel protections and other features.

I know it is Wells Fargo, which does not have a great reputation.  Plus they seem to treat cash back as separate from points, so you can't add a Wells Fargo Journey card, move the rewards to it and use the rewards for hotels, flights or to transfer to travel partners.  

We always pay our credit cards in full and have not paid any credit card interest in over 30 years.  If you pay interest, the 4% cash back will be massively offset by the over 20% interest.  

Edited by Bill Joyce

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

15 hours ago, Bill Joyce said:

https://creditcards.wellsfargo.com/attune-credit-card/ - 4% cash back on camping, attractions, alternate transportation, events and more.  Earn a $100 cash rewards bonus
when you spend $500 in purchases in the first 3 months.   It also has some nice travel protections and other features.

I know it is Wells Fargo, which does not have a great reputation.  Plus they seem to treat cash back as separate from points, so you can't add a Wells Fargo Journey card, move the rewards to it and use the rewards for hotels, flights or to transfer to travel partners.  

We always pay our credit cards in full and have not paid any credit card interest in over 30 years.  If you pay interest, the 4% cash back will be massively offset by the over 20% interest.  

Quite tactful.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

6 hours ago, Chalkie said:

Quite tactful.

I disagree.  IMO, Bill's statement was quite blunt and helpful.

From personal experience, I will never have anything to do with Wells Fargo again.  They made it almost impossible (endless bureaucratic hoops) to pay off my mortgage on my house.   I finally got it done by ignoring their "process" and sending them a certified letter with a cashers check for my outstanding balance.

Volvo 770, New Horizons Majestic and an upcoming Smart car

16 hours ago, DanZemke said:

From personal experience, I will never have anything to do with Wells Fargo again.  They made it almost impossible (endless bureaucratic hoops) to pay off my mortgage on my house.   I finally got it done by ignoring their "process" and sending them a certified letter with a cashers check for my outstanding balance.

I am hopeful this card causes another issuer, like Chase or Citi, to issue something similar.  We won't deal with Wells Fargo either.  

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

17 hours ago, DanZemke said:

You didn't hear the sarcasm flowing from my fingertips and into the laptop keys?

I have my own Wells Fargo horror story that came from trying assist my mother after my father passed. It is far too long and infuriating to go into here.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

8 hours ago, Chalkie said:

You didn't hear the sarcasm flowing from my fingertips and into the laptop keys?

No, I didn't.  I should have know better 🫢 

Edited by DanZemke
clarity

Volvo 770, New Horizons Majestic and an upcoming Smart car