Anyone ever get vandilized from the green people that hate RVs?

3 hours ago, Kirk W said:

I guess that I was unaware that there are green people that hate RVs. Who and where are they?

Your hanging round the wrong crowd. 

When I worked for the Forest Service it was open season on RV's, both internally and with the environmental groups that I had personal contact as part of my job.  Anti-RV people are everywhere!!! 

Much of it was a cultural thing.  Traditionally, most RV'ers came from a blue collar background and most "green" people come from a white collar background.   I know white collar, professionals that REFUSE to even step foot in a RV and are appalled that I own not one, but TWO RV's.  Nice people, except when it comes to RV's.

I knew a Wilderness Ranger that was retiring and I finally talked her into buying a RV and trying it out as she started retirement.  About two years later, I got a note from her that they just bought their SECOND RV and they had a blast traveling around the west in their RV hiking and backpacking in Wilderness areas.  Except, now she wasn't getting paid for doing it!!

Unfortunately, she died a few years after she sent me that note.  But as she said, those years in the RV were the highlight of her life.

These days with the pandemic there are more and more white collar folks starting to RV.  The cultural differences are blurring.  Just last week the Wall Street Journal had a article on full-time white collar employees working out of their RV's!! 

It might flip in the future, as it is much easier to work remotely from a RV as a white collar worker than a blue collar worker.  Then I suspect the "green" folks will start talking about how "green" RV's are compared to regular homes!!

With all that said....and all that trash talk from "green" folks about RV's. 

I have NEVER seen a confrontation or vandalism of an RV by a "green person" or even heard of such an incident.

Edited by Vladimir

Vladimr Steblina

Retired Forester...exploring the public lands.

usbackroads.blogspot.com

12 hours ago, Kirk W said:

I guess that I was unaware that there are green people that hate RVs. Who and where are they?

I suspect that some of those folks that would target RVs would be the same ones slashing tires on SUVs. I will be very careful about where I park the 3500 if visiting larger cities.

8 hours ago, Vladimir said:

When I worked for the Forest Service it was open season on RV's, both internally and with the environmental groups that I had personal contact as part of my job.  Anti-RV people are everywhere!!! 

I had similar experiences working with Fish and Game agencies, but the wrath extended to hunting and fishing. There are a number of large popular organizations that desire to close all public lands to RV camping, hunting and fishing and any development. In the past, most limited their activism to law suits against government agencies and use permit applicants. Relatively few engaged in the more hands on disruptive tactics of Green Peace.

8 hours ago, Vladimir said:

I have NEVER seen a confrontation or vandalism of an RV by a "green person" or even heard of such an incident.

So you really have seen noting either. There has always been a lot of talk by the anti folks from every crowd. But the question asked was "Anyone ever get vandilized from the green people that hate RVs?" and so far the answer has been no. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

13 hours ago, Kirk W said:

That is my question also. Most campgrounds I have been in, people are aware of the surrounding and if something liked happened, everyone would soon be aware. If something like happened in a big parking lot ????

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

The only issue I have heard of was someone set up camp at a Walmart and some nide person threw some eggs on the rig.

One time while parked in a grocery store parking lot and my wife had gone in to pick up a few items, some jerks blasted by me and blasted the truck with paint balls in broad daylight.

You will always be subject to a few morons in society.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

15 hours ago, slackercruster said:

I have heard of some people getting vandalized but how would you know if they were "green people" or not? My son had some minor vandalism but after doing a little investigation found it was a bored high school student neighbor. Between my son and the boys parents some fear was imparted as to the consequences.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

12 hours ago, Vladimir said:

Much of it was a cultural thing.  Traditionally, most RV'ers came from a blue collar background and most "green" people come from a white collar background.   I know white collar, professionals that REFUSE to even step foot in a RV and are appalled that I own not one, but TWO RV's.  Nice people, except when it comes to RV's.

I mean, that's a pretty big generalization.  I have known plenty of blue and white collar people throughout my life that are RVers, I am a medical professional and I am on my 3rd RV, I work with multiple surgeons and nurses who travel all over in RVs.  I also know construction workers, loggers, and many others in RVs.  i think it depends on what activities  they like outside of work, not what they do for work. 

15 minutes ago, ashton23l said:

I mean, that's a pretty big generalization.  I have known plenty of blue and white collar people throughout my life that are RVers, I am a medical professional and I am on my 3rd RV, I work with multiple surgeons and nurses who travel all over in RVs.  I also know construction workers, loggers, and many others in RVs.  i think it depends on what activities  they like outside of work, not what they do for work. 

Yep, a big one. 

I worked in recreation management for 50 years for BLM, NPS, and USFS.  Did several large surveys of actual recreation visitors on public lands.  Interesting studies, but the first one was a recreation carrying capacity of Lake Mohave.  Actual mentioned it as a issue in the management recommendations.

It does "depend on what activities they like outside of work, not what they do for work." 

But it is a chicken and egg discussion.  Most blue collar folks are comfortable with machinery and tend to chose activities with those facets.  Most white collar folks are NOT comfortable with working on machinery and tend to avoid those activities that require that knowledge.

The arguments between various recreation users are highlighted due to the cultural differences.  

There are exceptions to every generalization. 

I do think the gap in narrowing, particularly since the pandemic moved a lot of white collar workers into RV'ing as I mentioned.

Edited by Vladimir

Vladimr Steblina

Retired Forester...exploring the public lands.

usbackroads.blogspot.com

1 hour ago, Chalkie said:

I have heard of some people getting vandalized but how would you know if they were "green people" or not? My son had some minor vandalism but after doing a little investigation found it was a bored high school student neighbor. Between my son and the boys parents some fear was imparted as to the consequences.

Exactly!  Unless they left a note "from Green people" you wouldn't know why a RV was vandalized.  Vandalization has been going on forever with RVs, cars, buildings, etc.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Answer is a very easy .......NOPE  !

Been RVing since 1975.  Owned one Slide-In, two TTs, two MHs, one 5th wheel over the years.  Tent camping before that.

Stayed in all of the various campgrounds indicated by Vlad, as well as privately owned and operated RV parks.

Never been vandalized by anyone (or experienced any theft) by "green people"....guess green people means "tree-huggers", nor by white, black, brown, or yellow people.

Vlad:  Did you spend any of your 50 years at the the ranch in Utah which is reportedly visited by alien craft?  (Maybe slacker, the thread starter has !!)

😁.....😁

Edited by Pappy Yokum

2 hours ago, Vladimir said:

Most blue collar folks are comfortable with machinery and tend to chose activities with those facets.  Most white collar folks are NOT comfortable with working on machinery and tend to avoid those activities that require that knowledge.

Good point.  I have a brother-in-law who manages money for folks who have so much money, they hire people like him to do it  I once asked him if many of his clients own rv's.  He replied no, not one.  However, they're likely to own very nice homes in very nice places.  One owned a well known island off the coast of California.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

2 hours ago, Vladimir said:

Most blue collar folks are comfortable with machinery and tend to chose activities with those facets.  Most white collar folks are NOT comfortable with working on machinery and tend to avoid those activities that require that knowledge.

Nope. We who are not comfortable working on machinery simply pay those who are to do the work. Much "remote" work nowadays is done by people who might be required to wear white collars if they had to be in an office. There are lots of writers, bloggers, coders, etc. who live in RVs now that covid showed them it could be done. There were some before covid but the numbers blew up in the last few years. They are the future of the Escapees organization.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

19 hours ago, slackercruster said:

Answer your own question; have you been vandalized or even know anyone personally who has? If not this to me is like asking if anyone has been abducted by aliens flying an RV.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

1 hour ago, durangodon said:

Well, since you asked.  I was abducted by aliens in a Neptune with a giant solar system on the roof and towing a Saturn.  Oh wait, maybe it was just some bad bourbon.

Could not have been bad bourbon...maybe bad Tequela.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

All over-generalizations are false, including this one! 💯

I never heard of that either. Nor do I think RVrs are prone to victim playing.

I used to hear that old saw about college or white collar can't do mechanical work and that is just hogwash. I have been both. It used to really irritate those who tried that one on me when they found I had degrees and then I'd ask if they wanted to see the house we just renovated and the cars I restored/built. Most really liked my workshops and tools. I have met blue collar who can't fix their own plumbing or cars and lots of white collar types who can. Of course there are always a few poster children for every negative stereotype man has invented. But that does not make them the majority.

Since all our governments have admitted UFOs are real but they I am hoping they abduct a drunk on Tequila RVr and show her the secret to free energy, anti-gravity, Interstellar/interdimensional drives and and inertia reducers so we could make fast turns without being turned into meat jello!🖖

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

The only 'green' folks I know of are from Mars. And last I heard they can't enter the country with out their Covid vaccinations!

But seriously, being aware of your surroundings is the key. There's a better chance of vandalism on ANY vehicle if it's parked in the 'wrong' area.

1 minute ago, bruce t said:

The only 'green' folks I know of are from Mars. And last I heard they can't enter the country with out their Covid vaccinations!

But seriously, being aware of your surroundings is the key. There's a better chance of vandalism on ANY vehicle if it's parked in the 'wrong' area.

Perfectly put!

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Howdy!

I assume by green people you mean environmentally correct/incorrect  mindset people. No vandalism but I have been verbally insulted on a number of occasions by them. Most of that occurred on the west coast especially in California.

” Happy Trails “

Chiefneon

Edited by chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

3 hours ago, chiefneon said:

Howdy!

I assume by green people you mean environmentally correct mindset people No vandalism but I have been verbally insulted on a number of occasions by them. Most of that occurred on the west coast especially in California.

” Happy Trails “

Chiefneon

LOL

2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J

13 hours ago, chiefneon said:

I have been verbally insulted on a number of occasions by them.

Insulted about your RV use? I'd be curious to know more about that as I have not been but haven't spent a lot of time in CA in recent years and then only in a limited area of the state. Where, when, and circumstances?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

1 hour ago, Kirk W said:

Insulted about your RV use? I'd be curious to know more about that as I have not been but haven't spent a lot of time in CA in recent years and then only in a limited area of the state. Where, when, and circumstances?

Not an insult, but a few weeks ago I did have a 20'ish young lady ask me if I ever feel guilty about our motorhome's poor fuel mileage while I was refueling at a Pilot station. I told her not a bit, that when we reached our destination later that day, the RV would be sitting still for a couple of weeks. In the meantime, we would use the much higher MPG car hooked behind us that's making the same trip using no fuel. That seemed to confuse her enough that she just said, "Oh", and walked away. :)

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system