Anyone ever get vandilized from the green people that hate RVs?

13 minutes ago, Dutch_12078 said:

Not an insult, but a few weeks ago I did have a 20'ish young lady ask me if I ever feel guilty about our motorhome's poor fuel mileage while I was refueling at a Pilot station. I told her not a bit, that when we reached our destination later that day, the RV would be sitting still for a couple of weeks. In the meantime, we would use the much higher MPG car hooked behind us that's making the same trip using no fuel. That seemed to confuse her enough that she just said, "Oh", and walked away. :)

That's funny.  I'd be curious to see how many virtue signaling bumper stickers she had on her car.  If I ever get assaulted by a green Karen I'll tell her/him we are on the way to trade the combo in on a new hybrid Airstream and Ford Lightning and leave it at that.

A side note:  When I applied for my last job my choices of vehicles to drive the 100 miles was limited.   One car had historical tags, one was my company truck, one my wifes car and the other our Honda Pacific Coast motorcycle.   The President leaned over his desk and asked what type of person would ride a motorcycle to a job interview.   My reply?  "With all due respect that motorcycle gets 55 MPG."  He was impressed and I was hired on the spot.

18 hours ago, RV_ said:

I used to hear that old saw about college or white collar can't do mechanical work and that is just hogwash. I have been both. It used to really irritate those who tried that one on me when they found I had degrees and then I'd ask if they wanted to see the house we just renovated and the cars I restored/built. Most really liked my workshops and tools. I have met blue collar who can't fix their own plumbing or cars and lots of white collar types who can. Of course there are always a few poster children for every negative stereotype man has invented. But that does not make them the majority.

Exactly,  I am a medical professional and I own a metal fabrication/welding shop.  I built my own shop and am restoring a 1956 ford truck. I hunt, fish, camp, travel and would be considered "a mans man" by many, but I also cook very well and wear scrubs while caring for the sick and elderly.  every person is different.  most of the physicians i work with have wood shops, or work on cars, or hunt and fish and most of them have RVs.  I think some of it is geographical as well.  many of the people i work with came out here after med school because we have the mountains for skiing and hiking and fishing, and we live right next to lake tahoe for water sports. 

20 hours ago, chiefneon said:

Howdy!

I assume by green people you mean environmentally correct/incorrect  mindset people. No vandalism but I have been verbally insulted on a number of occasions by them. Most of that occurred on the west coast especially in California.

” Happy Trails “

Chiefneon

I have to admit an error in my previous post.... I have been RVing since 1971 (I previously said 1975)

First "self-contained" RV was an 18ft  Winnebago in 1971.

Also, as I have resided on the "west coast of California" since 1941, I'll have to contradict the above statement by chiefneon!!  I have spent the majority of my camping *IN *CA, as well as Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, and  Washington states, with extensive trips across the USA beginning in 1959  - (first DL at 15 1/2 in '58) 

Sooo - as far as CA goes - Sorry to hear your trails (in CA) were *not* happy, Chief!  (I was never a "Chief", only a Capt - could that have something to do with "getting along"?)

Never been verbally insulted by anyone in CA -or- any other states for that matter, even when I owned RVs registered in SD!  Could it be "attitude" - - Wow! do you have the proverbial "CA basher" chip on your shoulder??  (As you stated.....  "most" !!)

Lastly must wonder who the poster knew that owned the island off the CA coast??  Wow!  "Well connected!" Other than the govt, that would limit that statement to the Wrigley family and *Catalina* Island!  Double your pleasure, double your fun....etc.   (BTW, a cousin owned a motel on Avalon, Santa Catalina Island for 20+ years - and other friends were born and raised there.....but none were chewing gum heirs, ROTFL) 😉

😁

Edited by Pappy Yokum

7 hours ago, Dutch_12078 said:

Not an insult, but a few weeks ago I did have a 20'ish young lady ask me if I ever feel guilty about our motorhome's poor fuel mileage while I was refueling at a Pilot station. I told her not a bit, that when we reached our destination later that day, the RV would be sitting still for a couple of weeks. In the meantime, we would use the much higher MPG car hooked behind us that's making the same trip using no fuel. That seemed to confuse her enough that she just said, "Oh", and walked away. :)

The cure for ignorance is education; you did a great job!

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

On 8/25/2022 at 3:26 PM, Ray,IN said:

Answer your own question; have you been vandalized or even know anyone personally who has? If not this to me is like asking if anyone has been abducted by aliens flying an RV.

Slackcruster we're still waiting_.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

In the summer of 2020 we were at Theodore Roosevelt NP (ND) when I was asked to be the temporary Head Teacher at our church's school in WY. We headed down to NM as quickly as we could to change out what we would take with us for the next two years. While we were down there we went to What-A-Burger in Roswell. While there someone noticed the SD plates on the car and made some rude comment. We ignored it. That is the only comment we've gotten about our RV'ing.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

As a camp host, its rare to have vandalism in a campground, especially against another camper. When you consider the high concentration of people usually present in a campground environment, it would be foolish to attempt vandalism. Now CG bathrooms are a different story!!

Why would someone consider my RV not green friendly?? As a FT for 10 years, my RV's carbon foot print uses many times less energy than a typical house hold with 2 cars and a suburban lawn. Just the energy spent to heat a Northern house cost more than moving my RV house to a warm winter location. A latent benefit to my FT lifestyle is a reduced carbon foot print on this planet.

Edited by gjhunter01

2 hours ago, gjhunter01 said:

Why would someone consider my RV not green friendly?? As a FT for 10 years, my RV's carbon foot print uses many times less energy than a typical house hold with 2 cars and a suburban lawn. Just the energy spent to heat a Northern house cost more than moving my RV house to a warm winter location. A latent benefit to my FT lifestyle is a reduced carbon foot print on this planet.

Plus, we tend to be much better at water conservation which is becoming more critical every year.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

10 hours ago, gjhunter01 said:

Why would someone consider my RV not green friendly??

And how wouuld one know it was by green people if there was vandalism? I thought little green men were supposed to be from outter space? Back in 1998 our new class A was burglerized while parked at the end of our house in Ft Worth, TX but the crime scene investigator didn't seem to think that it was by green people.  Perhaps it was a "purple people eater?"

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

On 8/26/2022 at 6:02 PM, Ray,IN said:

The cure for ignorance is education; you did a great job!

I've been asked many times about the fuel mileage, but she was the first that added a "guilt" question to it.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

The only time an RV of ours was *vandalized* was back around 1996/1997 when we had our slide-in camper in a storage yard.  It was stolen.

Other than that, we've never had anyone do anything to any of our RVs...that they weren't supposed to.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul