Conaked RVers near Glacier NP

Wrknrvr

Yep there are lots of naked RVers in Campground’s near Glacier NP.

I mean like not one person in two different campgrounds I was in yesterday had a mask on. People were in and out of the office with no mask. Playing games In groups With no mask. The restaurants in town were full. Did not go in one. Lots of out of state license plates.

So is it that a few people do not read? Do they not think of about other people that much that much.

Leave no trash where you tread. I have through many’s years of hiking and backpacking carried trash of others from places where it was not to be let lay. I will not touch it now.

But now the visitors may leave what cannot be seen. You can search the webcams for national parks and see for yourself if people are wearing mask.

We all may be in for memorable time of our life to tell our grand kids. Or great grand kids.

?? ?? survive,    Vern

conaked sounds like reasonable term for these people.

I look at it as thinning the herd. If my grandparents could survive the Spanish flu, I can survive this virus- if i listen to the experts.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

• 1 month later...

It's hard to tell why folks don't wear a mask.  Maybe they are Very Brave and believe they CAN'T get the virus, or they are ignorant to what can be done to reduce the spread. When you see someone without a mask, ask them to boast their reason for not wearing a mask on twitter at #I-killed-grandma  (not a real hashtag that I know of).

ok, off my soap box.

+++++++++++_____________________________________+++++++++++

2021 Ram 3500  2017 Arctic Fox 25W(to be traded??)
HAM guy (Ke7FIX), photography, woodworking (mostly sawdust),
Electronics Technician,  USAF DAV

Going where everyone has gone before

event.png                                             

I carry medical masks in my vehicle in case I need to be in close proximity to people outside my "bubble".  Which 99.99% of the time I don't need to be in anyone's face... 

I watch people in public who are wearing masks, who are not at work:

- down below their chin with their nose exposed

- futzing around with the mask with their fingers,  pulling it up from below the chin, then handling the public door handles on their way into a grocery store

- not disposing of their mask in an approved hazardous waste receptacle. 

I have no issue with people wanting to wear masks all the time. It kinda makes me look like the Lone Ranger.  

To be effective they must be used and disposed of properly, right?

Edited by noteven

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

5 hours ago, noteven said:

To be effective they must be used and disposed of properly, right?

Better badly than not at all?

We put ours on before leaving the apartment, take them off in the car, and put them back on before leaving the car. Does that removal while driving negate the benefits of wearing them at all?

Noteven, when you return home do you strip and put your clothes and mask in the washing machine? Or do you continue to wear, and maybe touch, those clothes? What about your shoes; do you wash them, too? One of the slogans I often see is "Do not let the perfect get in the way of the good."

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Do some homework folks.  Your mask isn't to protect you.  It's to protect others from what you might expel should you sneeze or cough.

I rarely wear a mask.  But then, I don't get around others much either.  Distancing is far more effective than a mask.  A mile or more will suffice. :-)

But really, will masks help, in the long run?  Or are they just postponing the inevitable?  I saw on the news (Not facebook, the national news.) that if you catch "the bug", you're not likely to be re-infected for 3-4 months.  So, logic would follow that if a vaccine is developed, might it also only be effective for a similar time?  If true, then what's the point?

There's far too much speculation and hysteria being tossed about.  Meanwhile, living life under a rock isn't really living.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

People that do not wear them do not believe in Covid and are not worried about the effects on them. Until someone close to them dies of it, it might sink in. Sad to say, but some people just need to lean the hard way. I went to Sturgis for a couple of hours during the rally and say 3 other people among thousands wearing a mask. And there was no social distancing in sight either. 

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

12 minutes ago, rynosback said:

I went to Sturgis for a couple of hours during the rally and say 3 other people among thousands wearing a mask. And there was no social distancing in sight either. 

and unfortunately, the cases won't stay in Sturgis.  They'll be transferred to states across the country as they travel.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

26 minutes ago, 2gypsies said:

and unfortunately, the cases won't stay in Sturgis.  They'll be transferred to states across the country as they travel.

Which will also mean that most of them will never be traced back to the Sturgis origin, just was was the case for the July 4 celebration at Mt. Rushmore. We have no way to know how many were infected there either, since most attendees were not local people. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

47 minutes ago, 2gypsies said:

Yes. But they should be able to trace it back to there easily.

20 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

Which will also mean that most of them will never be traced back to the Sturgis origin, just was was the case for the July 4 celebration at Mt. Rushmore. We have no way to know how many were infected there either, since most attendees were not local people. 

I disagree. A simple question, were you at Sturgis? 

2 hours ago, rynosback said:

I disagree. A simple question, were you at Sturgis? 

Can't be traced if they're asymptomatic and don't get tested.  They'll just keep moving it along.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

15 hours ago, rynosback said:

A simple question, were you at Sturgis? 

A simple answer!  Like the smarter half of the usual crowd, we stayed well away. 

12 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

Can't be traced if they're asymptomatic and don't get tested.  They'll just keep moving it along.

Exactly. And those who end up in a hospital with COVID19 and those who die from it will be far away by then so they won't be counted in the SD numbers and they will have managed to share it with lots of other people by that time. 

If a business requires a mask to enter and I need or want their service/product, I wear a mask.

if some tin horn politician tells me I have to wear a mask, well good luck with that! No one has convinced me they have the authority’s to declare on their own that I have to wear one. No law was passed, just their Fiat.

9 hours ago, Big Rick said:

No law was passed, just their Fiat.

And you know this how? As it happens, here in TX there are many counties that have passed such measures through the county commission and cities that have via the city councils. Sometimes such agencies must take the roll of a parent in requiring citizens to do what is best for them, just as a parent will make a child take medicine that tastes bad. 

8 hours ago, Kirk W said:

And you know this how? As it happens, here in TX there are many counties that have passed such measures through the county commission and cities that have via the city councils. Sometimes such agencies must take the roll of a parent in requiring citizens to do what is best for them, just as a parent will make a child take medicine that tastes bad. 

In Texas, counties make not make ordinances. They can only follow State law, says a guy formerly in law enforcement.

Cities can enact ordinances via their city council, mayors, county judges, etc cannot do it on their own. Unfortunately that is the case in many locations, I.e. Harris County

If counties can't make their own laws then why are their so many counties in TExas that are still dry, yet the state is wet?

Source: https://www.tabc.state.tx.us/local_option_elections/wet_and_dry_counties.asp

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

More trick questions. This time with logic attached.  What a concept.😁 

You really have to keep and eye on those tin horn politicians or they will sneak stuff by you every time.  The ones that are trying to help protect us all are the absolute worst. They shouldn't have that kind of power. 

I thought I better edit and point out some of this is sarcasm.

Edited by bigjim
an after thought

3 hours ago, dogyard said:

I wonder what the reaction of many anti-maskers would be if I plastered a bumper sticker on my car saying "ignore motorcycles, you likely won't be hurt if you crash into them".  C'mon folks, what do you gain by being so inconsiderate of others? 

Excellent analogy. The woman who pulled out of a side road in front of Dave's brother wasn't hurt. He ended up with one leg 3" shorter than the other. though. It is so often the innocent that pay the price.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van