• 6 replies
    • 1.1k views
    • 13 replies
    • 2.6k views
RVers Online University

mywaggle.com

campgroundviews.com

RV Destinations

Find out more or sign up for Escapees RV'ers Bootcamp.

Advertise your product or service here.

The Rvers- Now Streaming

RVTravel.com Logo

• Topics

• Howdy All, Long time since I have posted on this forum, life just kinda happens and gets in the way sometimes.  I have been paying Good Sam, for years thinking that they would tow my truck if needed, that's what I was told when I paid for it, now when I NEED IT, I find out they won't tow the truck. I know I can't pay for a new towing insurance policy and then expect them to come tow my truck but I need to have something for the future.  Any advise will be greatly appreciated. Dave
    • Moving onto my next project which is to build a ramp system for loading a 2-Door Jeep onto the deck of my Volvo.  Pretty much starting off with a clean deck with the TSLB installed.  Who can share ideas, plans, material list.  I can weld the materials together and then bolt to my frame rails and to existing parts of my truck.  Buy or build Jeep ramps?  How long?  Will cut off my storage box in order to make more room for the Jeep 13' length.  Planning to have Jeep 50" away from King Pin or as needed.  Have seen Jack M. ramp system really nice and can not do so I my truck, most likely will store ramps next to the Jeep.  Let the ideas begin and pictures of your Jeep systems are most welcomed.  Will need a welding magnet to mount my camera on; where to purchase?
    • I am alittle high hence looking at the leveling value to take away about one inch if you smart folks think that will be OK?  The TSLB was alot of work to install, just put in the last 8 bolts 5/8"x 2" today.  Have not tied into my air system to be able to air up the hitch bags.  About to start a new post on ramps to get a Jeep up on my deck.
    • Dennis- I went through this exercise last year and found that using only math, caused me to mock my hitch up too high.  One I loaded my trailer and put the air at the correct pressure for my application, I found that REAL world results were much more accurate.  My hitch works fine now.  Part of my work was to extend the frame rails as well as installing a TSLB and new wiring.  The wiring on my truck was in some places, burned, so I deleted it all and installed a junction box with a terminal strip, which will improve and troubleshooting efforts in the future, esp since I know the guy that will likely DO the troubleshooting.  I also replaced my Smart Brake with a DirecLink.  Nice improvement.
    • Hi We are looking for good covered storage close to Charlotte Airport for the period october 2024 to april 2025. 35'6" long Class A, 8' wide, 12' high Anyone have good experience? Thanks Frank