Road through Yellowstone National Park

Mike and Linda

US-212 inside the park from the Northeast entrance to Tower Junction is not much different than any other road in the Park. It runs through the Lamar Valley and is very scenic and a great wildlife viewing area. Outside the Park to the East is a different story. From Red Lodge to Cooke City, US-212 (known as the Beartooth Highway) goes over Beartooth Pass and has several sections of mountain driving with steep grades, switchbacks, narrow shoulders and steep dropoffs.

Don't drive the Beartooth with your RV. All the roads in the park are navigable by RV. The weather forecast shows snow/sleet for Thursday but I think all roads will remain open. We hope so as we are leaving Grant and heading to Cody tomorrow!

Full time since August 2010

2002 Itasca Horizon

One fur kid - a Shih-Tsu rescue

Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd

I haven't actually driven that road but from the stories I've heard about it I would only travel that road with my toad and never with my MH.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

I would not do Beartooth with no 43' under no circumstances. Not saying it can't be done because it can, but I wouldn't see at as an enjoyable experience at all! Beautiful trip, but in order to see it you need to be able to travel at ease!

Dave

Dave & Linda

2011 Bighorn 3670

2000 Ford 7.3 PS diesel white and tan in color Now Fulltiming since May15, 2010

Semper Fi Marines!!

Archived