2 Propane Tanks

ANG0225

If you look at the regulator there should be a lever used to manually select tanks. If both of the propane tank valves are open, it will switch automatically. You can determine which tank is empty by flipping the lever from one to the other if the little red flag is showing, that tank is empty.

The caveat to this is that the only way you know it has switched is to check the regulator every few days. Twice I've forgotten and we've run out of propane so I manually change tanks... keeps a happy camper.

It probably has an automatic change-over regulator, but you have to look at it to see if it is or not. Both types are still available and in use. If you don't know what to look for, as some experienced RV person to help out as they should know. Here is a link to some pictures of the automatic change-over type regulators. Here is a link to images of manual propane regulators.

The caveat to this is that the only way you know it has switched is to check the regulator every few days. Twice I've forgotten and we've run out of propane so I manually change tanks... keeps a happy camper.

You never had to get up at 3:00 AM to turn on the FULL tank because the furnace was blowing cold air, happened once now I leave it on auto.

You never had to get up at 3:00 AM to turn on the FULL tank because the furnace was blowing cold air, happened once now I leave it on auto.

Uhh, well yes I have.... Only to find that both tanks were empty. That's far worse than having to get up when it's cold and opening the tank.

As I said, if you don't keep a routine check, you'll forget one day and be out of propane...

Or you can keep two spare tanks in a vented compartment.....I had the spares mounted in the new coach after running out of propane because I didn't check them.

Now I just have to remember to get the empties filled after changing them out which is getting more difficult as the years go by.

What were we talking about??

Archived