speed traps and/or crooked cops

drallison

Oracle AZ was so bad that if you were cited and chose traffic school the school would throw the ticket out and suspend the fine.......

2 MPH over the limit was too often cited.

Drive on.........(slowly in ......Oracle...)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

We just came down to FL from VA on I95. In NC they would sit on an overpass and catch speeders. We would see 3-4 pulled over in a mile. This occurred at several locations on I95. It was only on the N bound side for some reason.

We found an app that sounds an alarm when we are above a limit that we set. We turn it on so we don't get a heavy foot when towing and it is very effective.

App is Speed Warning, there are 2 with the same name, gray one is more accurate but harder to set a speed.

We just came down to FL from VA on I95. In NC they would sit on an overpass and catch speeders. We would see 3-4 pulled over in a mile. This occurred at several locations on I95. It was only on the N bound side for some reason.

We found an app that sounds an alarm when we are above a limit that we set. We turn it on so we don't get a heavy foot when towing and it is very effective.

App is Speed Warning, there are 2 with the same name, gray one is more accurate but harder to set a speed.

I understand that they watch I-95 northbound closely because it is considered a major drug route. That might help account for only the northbound traffic being stopped. Never been there so only a guess based on what I've read and seen on TV. Dennis

Trailer: Montana 5th wheel, model 3582Rl, model year 2012

Truck: Ford 450 PSD Super Duty, 2002 Crew Cab, Long bed, 4:88 rear end, last of the 7.3 engines, Automatic Transmission.

We just sold our truck and trailer and moved to a MH. We bought a Dash Cam. We did not want it to record audio or speed, just video. Went with a basic model as we feel the dash cam market is in its infancy and needs some maturing. Instructions were horrible but finally found a YouTube video that helped immensely. Bought the Black Box G1W. Works well. Have it plugged into a hot plug, figure leave it on when in a restaurant, turned around so if anyone breaks in we may have a video.

We unplug it when in a CG. It is a continuous loop and I have a 32G card.

Many places may use the "Speed enforcement policy" as a source of money from the fines. A good one is the city of Duluth, GA along Buford Highway. Tough enforcement with the police hiding off the road. A good reason to SLOW down. In our travels if we see Speed enforcement activity we just move on.

Thanks for sharing.

Safe Travels!

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

Sept. 2012, Pagosa Springs, CO. had a Colorado Highway Patrol stop me for speeding in our car. I had just passed a car driver who was going slower. I was doing 73 mph when I got the job done. Officer said I was going 86 in 65. Knew that wasn't right, but what do you do?

But now when people are going slower then me on a two lane road, if I don't think I can safely pass them by doing the speed limit, I don't pass them. I just slow down a little more so if the driver behind me wants to pass to go ahead. If it gets to be to many vehicles behind us, I look for a safe place to pull over. Get out of the car or the truck and take a break.

Our daughter used to complain she felt like a rock in a river when I was driving in lane two of a multi-lane freeway since other vehicles would pass us on both sides. She's the one that got a speeding ticket on that stretch, though. Said she was trying to get home before curfew.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I've hit a couple of speed traps over the years ... typically, they've been "near home". My experience has been that if/when they decide to pull you over - it doesn't matter whether or not you've actually broken any traffic laws. ...and should you decide to try to fight whatever ticket you receive - unless you've done a tremendous amount of homework - your chances of winning are about that of the proverbial snowball in Hades.

All you can do is take a few deep, deep breaths ... and pray that someday karma will afford you the opportunity to show them the same "kindness and consideration" while you go about doing whatever it is that you do.

The Spacenorman

2012 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 43' DFT

2012 Jeep Liberty

Our Travel Website: www.penquinhead.com​

We stay with the speed limits. We have never in over 20 years of Rv'ing had a ticket or been stopped or encountered a

"crooked cop" Our on the road experiences with "cops" has been positive .We had one stop traffic in a construction area so we

could make a tight turn and another time one stopped traffic so we could back out of a service station that we should not have been in the first place.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

the Moral of all these stories, is that in life, there are crooks. Dr.'s Lawyers, cops, all working fields. with a few billion ppl in usa, bound to be a few.

I get your point, but in the interests of accuracy, there's "only" about 319 million people in the US. :)

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

I get your point, but in the interests of accuracy, there's "only" about 319 million people in the US. :)

Sure glad you posted this info. I was wondering if someone had left the gates open! Three hundred twenty million is way fewer than "a few billion ppl in usa....... "!

Trailer: Montana 5th wheel, model 3582Rl, model year 2012

Truck: Ford 450 PSD Super Duty, 2002 Crew Cab, Long bed, 4:88 rear end, last of the 7.3 engines, Automatic Transmission.

drallison,

I'm wondering what the next survey will be: anyone had any experience with crooked auto mechanics? Or perhaps crooked restaurant cooks? Maybe crooked chiropractors? Definitely want to know if anyone has had any experience with crooked veterinarians.

I'll be waiting to see who is next.

Roy

Fulltiming since 2015, with my beautiful bride, Lori.

2015 GMC 3500HD Denali DRW CC LB TrailerSaver TS3 Hitch

2016 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSB3, MorRyde IS, MorRyde Pin Box

Good cops will allow for speedometer error.

Never had a speedometer that was accurate at all speeds.

I like when they have the road side speed checks. So you can compare your dash speed indicator with it.

Tom & Bonnie

Crossville, TN.

2008 Winnebago Aspect 29H

(No SUch Thing as a B+)

Toad Ford Flex 2010

Archived