Have you ever used RV Service Reviews Website?

Velos

Yes I have used it, yes I have posted reviews. However be aware some reviews seem to be awfully favorable to some service providers and have multiple posters using the same writing style and verbiage. Kind of like the reviews might have been written by one with a vested interest in the business.

Teacher's Pet

'06 40' Phaeton QSH 350 Cat.

'04 R-Vision B+ Model 213, 6.0 Chevrolet.

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com

http://map.datastormusers.com/user3.cfm?user=3912

I have not used it, but keep saying that I should do so. At the moment it has been a long time since I used any service other than our dealer's but guess I should go and put up a review of them. With more visitors, there is no reason why that should not be as good a source of service as is the RV Park review site. That one has a long list of volunteer helpers and perhaps this one needs to consider doing that same thing.

EDIT Just went in and posted a review of our dealer's service. Let's hope that others get involved as well!

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Howdy

Absolutely, I've used it to find a very good repair location when we had a tire seperate and did major damage to our 5er. Have also post reviews regarding others we have used.

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

As I looked at the site for WI-KS-IN I noticed very few reviews and most of them a little dated. I would love to be able to use the site & maybe with this posting we will see more activity. We all know that many of the reviewers on most of these sites take the time to review because they are not happy.

Todd

“…nothing so liberalizes a man and expands the kindly instincts that nature put in him as travel and contact with many kinds of people.” – Mark Twain

Yes...and Yes. We always wished more would do a review on it. As you're traveling it at least gives you a start on where to look for service.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

We have used it in the past and we have posted reviews for facilities that we liked that weren't on there. We will be using one next week that not only was on the site but was also recommended to us by Dick Gore RV in Brunswick, GA because they couldn't get us in for our refer work when we would be passing thru

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

When you need RV repair on the road and you are not under warranty how do you find service shops?

Have you ever used http://www.rvservicereviews.com/ to find service? Do you post your results on the site?

Thank you.

I have tried to use RV Service Reviews but it seems there are never listings for the type of repairs we've needed close to where we are. I have posted reviews. I have had good luck using the mobile services recommended by the campground staff and longer term residents in the locations where we needed service.

Two thoughts:

If I experience a breakdown, my roadside asst insurance folks send out the appropriate techs. They have been fine.

If I need help otherwise, I ask the campground operators and have always gotten superb advice, because they see them and hear about their quality.

If I am at home base, I use my own friends.

JohnnyB

2014 ShowHauler Motorhome 45'

Jacksonville Beach, FL

YES I have posted on it, and I reviewed the posts concerning businesses in areas of the country that I have knowledge of, and I pretty much agreed with the reviews that I read.

I do tend to post more favorable posts than unfavorable posts unless I felt like the business was really out of line.

Traveling America in "God's Grace"

Yes to used and yes to have posted reviews. On the use I got burned because I didn't catch how old the "good" review was. Things had changed drastically since the good review and the time I used the outfit - all for the worse.

BTW I'll do it again here, Broadmoor RV in Pasco, WA. May be good to buy from but I could never recommend them for service on even a toy wagon.

Berkshire XL 40QL

Camphosting and touring

Yes to used and yes to have posted reviews. On the use I got burned because I didn't catch how old the "good" review was. Things had changed drastically since the good review and the time I used the outfit - all for the worse.

BTW I'll do it again here, Broadmoor RV in Pasco, WA. May be good to buy from but I could never recommend them for service on even a toy wagon.

Good tip to check the dates of the reviews.

Employees come and go, technology changes and economic downturns between reviews all have an effect on a business.

• 4 months later...

Thanks for the many tips. I checked RV SERVICE REVIEWS for services in Tucson and discovered some "good" reviews for dealers I would not even send my worst enemy to visit. Which brings up what has been commented on before: how does a reader, or even the website, know who the source is of the review? . . . . . . . For those who reported on a repair facility, how could, or did, RV SERVICE REVIEWS check to verify you were not a friend or employee of the repair facility?

2009 Four Winds Chateau - 25' class C          2002 Chevy Tracker

1458033694__statesVisitedas-ofMarch-2012.jpg.b173645da4a43150ba2820dc7a6bdfc5.jpg

I think this is one of the things about review sites. Like Yelp and Amazon, you never know. My general rule of thumb is if there are just a few reviews and no one has anything at all critical to say? It's a friends and family set of reviews. If there are dozens of reviews, you can pretty much differentiate between real rating and faked rating. It's harder in our world because the audience just isn't large enough base to write reviews yet. So, unless there's no one else to ask and it's an emergency we'll probably use these for guidance, but not as a definitive source.

Archived