Water hose help!

Av8r3400

I absolutely HATE my water hoses for our camper!  White, plastic, Wal Mart quality garbage that is stiff and inflexible.

Who has a better quality hose for potable water??

HELP!

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had hoses from http://www.rvh2o.com/ and the rvwaterfilterstore.  More expensive but we used one for 13 years and the other for 14 years now..

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

23 minutes ago, Chalkie said:

I have been using the Zero-G hose I got at Lowes. I like that it is flexible and lightweight. It is certified for potable water. Comes in 25, 50 and 100 foot lengths.

Zero-G Hose

Are you using the black (Garden) one or the blue (potable) one?

Av8r3400

TEq81qV.jpg

3 hours ago, Mark and Dale Bruss said:

We had hoses from http://www.rvh2o.com/ and the rvwaterfilterstore.  More expensive but we used one for 13 years and the other for 14 years now..

2 hours ago, Jaydrvr said:

Are these white hoses made of a different material than the normal stuff?   My major complaint is not kinking but flexibility to store the hose when not in use.  

my current hoses are like trying to roll up a 2x4...

Edited by Av8r3400

Av8r3400

TEq81qV.jpg

29 minutes ago, Av8r3400 said:

Are these white hoses made of a different material than the normal stuff?   My major complaint is not kinking but flexibility to store the hose when not in use.  

my current hoses are like trying to roll up a 2x4...

Our flexH2O hose is crazy flexible and really easy to store. That's one of the things I like about it. Jay

So I just bought a stainless steel fitting water hose from RVWaterfilterstore.com, which actually links you to https://www.rvh2o.com/category/ultrahose.html.  So far I am loving the hose!  I got mine in a 35' length as it seemed that any time my 25' hose wasn't long enough, all I needed was an extra 4 or 5 feet.

The hose is NSF 51 rated so it's completely food grade (no plastic taste at all!), has a pressure rating up to 200 psi, is pretty flexible and coils up nicely (prob a 12-14 inch diameter).  The stainless steel fittings are by far the most robust I have ever seen. 

Shipping was quick and the gentleman at RVH2O was super nice.

Shawn and Andrea
Elvis the Cheagle Dog
2013 Volvo 730 / iShift / D13 XE Package / ET Hitch
2016 DRV Mobile Suites 43 Atlanta
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited

Read the blog at 40foothouse.com

R8O2pAw.jpg

I also use the Zero-G hoses.  They are light, very flexible and durable.  They do some in garden and potable versions, https://www.amazon.com/4001-50-Lightweight-Flexible-Durable-Kink-Free/dp/B014M9PEXC/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2N7SEUX9BV40N&dchild=1&keywords=zero+g+potable+water+hose&qid=1601396882&sprefix=zero+g+pot%2Caps%2C262&sr=8-3

I have 3 of them, one 50' which is my primary potable hose.  I have a 25' that is my extra potable hose and a 25' that is my general use hose.  I also keep the original 25' and 50' white hoses stored away just incase.  

Since we rarely have full hook ups I have quick connects on all of my hose fittings.   

2014 Volvo 630. 2016 Fuzion 325T, RZR 900 Trail 
675ah AGM, MSH 3012 inverter, 960w Solar.  (2016 Chevy 3500 DRW, backup)

13 minutes ago, Nwcid said:

I also use the Zero-G hoses.  They are light, very flexible and durable.  They do some in garden and potable versions, https://www.amazon.com/4001-50-Lightweight-Flexible-Durable-Kink-Free/dp/B014M9PEXC/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2N7SEUX9BV40N&dchild=1&keywords=zero+g+potable+water+hose&qid=1601396882&sprefix=zero+g+pot%2Caps%2C262&sr=8-3

I have 3 of them, one 50' which is my primary potable hose.  I have a 25' that is my extra potable hose and a 25' that is my general use hose.  I also keep the original 25' and 50' white hoses stored away just incase.  

Since we rarely have full hook ups I have quick connects on all of my hose fittings.   

I would have already pulled the trigger on one of these Zero-G models, but they are out of stock for the blue potable models everywhere I have looked on line.  🤬

So, I may try one of the RVWaterfilterstore.com models.  

Av8r3400

TEq81qV.jpg

12 hours ago, Jaydrvr said:

That one looks like a garden hose. I don't see anywhere it says safe for drinking water. I know we all drank from the garden hose when we were kids but things have changed since then.

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

6 minutes ago, sandsys said:

That one looks like a garden hose. I don't see anywhere it says safe for drinking water. I know we all drank from the garden hose when we were kids but things have changed since then.

It says drinking water safe in the description, so that's what I went by. I didn't just buy a generic garden hose. Also, we don't use it for anything else. We only use it to connect our fiver to city water. Jay

Edited by Jaydrvr

Another vote for drinking water safe Flexzilla hoses. They stay super flexible even at sub-freezing temperatures. If I have any complaint at all, it's about the fluorescent green color... ;)

https://www.amazon.com/Flexzilla-HFZG550YW-Garden-Lightweight-Drinking/dp/B01N9OCWJO/

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

We have several of the cheaper hoses but also have a 50' Flexzilla that has worked well when needed.  I bought the flexzilla to use specifically in cold temps where other hoses tend to crack. We were at a park for 2 weeks before their water was turned on and used this to refill our tank from a hydrant a ways away.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Water filter store hoses custom made not crazy $. Have used these for over 12 yrs on our fifth wheel. Moved them to a park model and they are in 5th year. Using shorter hoses from them for softener etc. 

They hold up very well. A new set are in use now on our current fifth wheel. 

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

1 hour ago, Av8r3400 said:

You guys with the Flexzilla hoses, some of the reviews say they are prone to grow mold in them, have you seen this at all?

Not in the two years I've been using them. I do sanitize them once a year when I sanitize the fresh tank just as I've done for years with all my hoses.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

7 hours ago, billr said:

Water filter store hoses custom made not crazy $. Have used these for over 12 yrs on our fifth wheel. Moved them to a park model and they are in 5th year. Using shorter hoses from them for softener etc. 

They hold up very well. A new set are in use now on our current fifth wheel. 

I’m not afraid of spending a little money for a quality product, but $115 plus tax and shipping for a 50’ hose, sight unseen, is definitely a leap of faith...

Av8r3400

TEq81qV.jpg