Water hose help!

Av8r3400

22 hours ago, DanZemke said:

The Water Filter Store doesn't manufacture their hoses - they fabricate them.  They buy their NSF certified hose material from Kuri Tec . 

Which leads back around to the NSF certification. One component certified does not certify the whole product. NSF certification is not an inexpensive certification as it examines not only the materials but the manufacturing process as well. Believe it or not, inexpensive Camco water hose has NSF certification. I still won't use a Camco hose because I don't need the aggravation of handling a hose that is uncooperative. 

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Chalkie said:

Which leads back around to the NSF certification. One component certified does not certify the whole product. NSF certification is not an inexpensive certification as it examines not only the materials but the manufacturing process as well. Believe it or not, inexpensive Camco water hose has NSF certification. I still won't use a Camco hose because I don't need the aggravation of handling a hose that is uncooperative. 

We all accept minor risks in our life. I understand you're technical point - test the full product, not just a component.  But lead-free brass, connected to NSF certified hose material is good enough for me.  

Extending your certification observation a little further, my guess is that there aren't any existing Recreational Vehicles in the US with an NSF certified water system.

To me, NSF certification for an RV fresh water hose is not a primary decision factor..

Volvo 770, New Horizons Majestic and an upcoming Smart car

I follow a few discussions on this forum, this being one of them.  I think most/all would agree with me, this discussion has little in common with heavy duty trucks. So why is it here with so many interested?  What the HDT forum does have is a “select” group of folks with great depth of experiences and the ability to express themselves in a fashion we’re hard pressed to find anywhere else.

If I had to choose one forum among all ALL the various other Escapees or Facebook forums, it’d be an easy decision for me.

Sorry for hijacking this thread, really.

IMG_3217a.jpg.c718bc170600aa5ce52e515511d83cb7.jpg

Jim & Wilma

2006 Travel Supreme 36RLQSO

2009 Volvo VNL730, D13, I-shift, ET, Herrin Hauler bed, "Ruby"

2017 Smart

Class of 2017

My hose theory...

We stay in enough parks that are on a city municipal chlorine treated system that we have never had an issue since 2013 when we went fulltime.  Up to that point, we bought a new cheap hose every year for the seasonal/weekend use then let it sit for a month or 2...

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

6 hours ago, DanZemke said:

We all accept minor risks in our life. I understand you're technical point - test the full product, not just a component.  But lead-free brass, connected to NSF certified hose material is good enough for me.  

Extending your certification observation a little further, my guess is that there aren't any existing Recreational Vehicles in the US with an NSF certified water system.

To me, NSF certification for an RV fresh water hose is not a primary decision factor..

Two Thumbs Up Smiley | Symbols & Emoticons

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

17 hours ago, DanZemke said:

You are correct, and that was point I was going for. NSF certification is not that big of a deal for a water hose if one is satisfied with the nature of the components. And as to the NSF certification of RV water systems, why would there be and more than a standard house or apartment? 😃

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

On 10/9/2020 at 8:10 AM, Chalkie said:

I would say that unless something is NSF certified you have no way of knowing for sure. As you noted there are some materials that are unsafe so doing your homework on the hose construction would be the other way.

Upon rereading the full text of your original post, it appears I misunderstood your intent.

Best wishes.

Volvo 770, New Horizons Majestic and an upcoming Smart car

rvwaterfilterstore.com hose is the best. I've blown out the cheap ones very quickly. and I suspect they are thin enough that enough light gets in for algae growth and the material they use promotes calcium buildup. No issues with the custom hoses from Mr. David at rvwaterfilterstore.com. I do understand he merged with another company and it is now in CA. Mr. David still there and has great customer service. 

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4