Jump to content

Reports on the unprecedented heat of '21


noteven
 Share

Recommended Posts

Was a relatively cool summer in the southern Appys. And i just read an article on Antarctica having the coldest winter ever and missing the coldest day ever by only 1 degree.

When i see both sides on this i recall the phrase 'lies, damned lies, and statistics'.

Climate Changes- thats what it has done for billions of years.  When someone can explain how raising my taxes so the goobermint can spend more freely, THEN call me back.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, hemsteadc said:

Which has nothing to do with RVing.

Which is why it is in the "other" section. But, I do think RVers have more awareness of and need to know about weather than anyone other than farmers.

Linda

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, sandsys said:

Which is why it is in the "other" section. But, I do think RVers have more awareness of and need to know about weather than anyone other than farmers.

Linda

They better , every day , or they take the risks involved . ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For how many years have humans been trying to convert SW desert into commercial farms and or communities and diverting more and more water from the North? Now they are complaining about lack of water in a historical desert???

Nothing humans have invented or devised has improved on natures grand design; some things have been speeded up but not improved.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, CFerguson said:

Was a relatively cool summer in the southern Appys. And i just read an article on Antarctica having the coldest winter ever and missing the coldest day ever by only 1 degree.

When i see both sides on this i recall the phrase 'lies, damned lies, and statistics'.

Climate Changes- thats what it has done for billions of years.  When someone can explain how raising my taxes so the goobermint can spend more freely, THEN call me back.

 

 

Try being north of Seattle 2hen the heat dome descended.  106 in Seattle, only 1/3 of ppl with air conditioning and humidity was around 70% because of all the water being pulled up into the air at that temperature!   It was not fun!

Obviously you don’t understand the thermodynamics of what is happening.  Warmer oceans leads to more extreme weather OF ALL TYPES.  MORE HEAT IN SOME ARES, MORE COLD IN OTHERS, BIGGER storms because of more energy In the atmosphere.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, hemsteadc said:

Which has nothing to do with RVing.

Do people in RVs need to worry a tornadoes?  Of course.  Severe storms? Of course.  We are seeing more tornadoes occurring, in uncommon areas as the energy in the atmosphere increases.  Simple atmospheric physics at work and RVers need to be cognizant of that fact.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

hahahaha, Barb.  Report back when you no longer get your science from the evening news.

and try looking at the history of climate change. (hint: its been changing since before humans existed).

weather is what you have locally (eg seattle to make this relate to you); climate is what happens on a much larger scale. important not to confuse them.

Edited by CFerguson
edited fer spaillin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m ok with considering information from the historical record.

Tony Heller also has a video comparing what was published in Scientific American magazine 100 years ago compared to now. It should concern scientists.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, CFerguson said:

hahahaha, Barb.  Report back when you no longer get your science from the evening news.

and try looking at the history of climate change. (hint: its been changing since before humans existed).

weather is what you have locally (eg seattle to make this relate to you); climate is what happens on a much larger scale. important not to confuse them.

Yes, the Earth undergoes periodic climatic changes, but people are denying the simple fact that man is accelerating the change.   People choose to ignore science at the outpouring of some politicians and environmental people.

Oh, I am a retired engineer and worked with science that effected the atmosphere.  Some of the evening news is pure manure and some is not.  You have to educated enough to sort out the two.

Ken

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know that "global warming" and "climate change" is real because where i live right now was covered in ice one kilometer deep and it began melting about 25,000 years ago! Was it caused by human activity?  Absolutly not!  

Is the "climate change" today caused by human activity?  Absolutly not!

One volcanic eruption can put out more greenhouse gas than all mankind has.

Is taxing people for their "carbon footprint" going to control the weather? Absolutly not, but it is a great way to add money to the coffers of world governments.

As the naysayers get shouted down and the true believers rise to the top,  Mother Nature will do what she has been doing since time began!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Orca.  No one ever said man caused it all.  Earth climate goes in cycles that are effected by slowing of the rotation of the earth, sun spots, movement of the moon, volcanic activity, decay of uranium in the core, movement of iron in the mantel affecting location off the poles, and on and on.  And even with man interfering, the planet will be fine.  But all of the current species on the planet may not survive because human activity has accelerated changes.  
 

US NAVY takes warming seriously because it affects total levels, affects locations of ports, etc.   Insurance companies take it seriously because increased warming means more moisture in the air, means more severe storms everywhere causing property damage and deaths.  And the list goes on and on.  
 

that you refuse to see what is happening is sad.  Not unexpected, but still sad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, orca said:

I know that "global warming" and "climate change" is real because where i live right now was covered in ice one kilometer deep and it began melting about 25,000 years ago! Was it caused by human activity?  Absolutly not! 

25,000 years ago was a tad bit before the Industrial Revolution.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Barbara sadly, all too many folks depend totally on the internet and only one news source for their information.  As an engineer, I am well trained in multiple areas of science and feel your pain. It has always been an issue on how to educate those that are unwilling to be educated.

Ken

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When we add our carbon it can amplify changes.

What causes the difference between winter and summer anyway? The earth is tilted on its axis relative to the sun. Half the year we are further away from the sun in our planet's northern hemisphere, winter, and half the time closer to the sun, summer, as our axis tilt doesn't always stay the same as we rotate around the sun. It changes which would put us further away in winter and closer in summer.Here's the science I am referring to:

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/features/Milankovitch/milankovitch_2.php#:~:text=As the axial tilt increases%2C the seasonal contrast,the axis varies between 22.1 and 24.5 degrees.

So we may also be experiencing an axis tilt change, in addition to a shift in magnetic north.

 

Edited by RV_
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/7/2021 at 12:54 PM, Barbaraok said:

Orca.  No one ever said man caused it all.  Earth climate goes in cycles that are effected by slowing of the rotation of the earth, sun spots, movement of the moon, volcanic activity, decay of uranium in the core, movement of iron in the mantel affecting location off the poles, and on and on.  And even with man interfering, the planet will be fine.  But all of the current species on the planet may not survive because human activity has accelerated changes.  
 

No...natural climate change is much, much more significant than man-caused climate change.

Read this book on climate change in the American west over the past 10,000 years.

https://www.ucpress.edu/book/9780520286009/the-west-without-water

The political leadership in this country does NOT believe in man-caused climate change.  Not Biden, not Governors Inslee, Brown or Newsom!!!

The world ends in seven years according to the climate alarmists.  We need to do something NOW!

Hey, we can reduce CO2 emissions by 10% TODAY in the US.  But wait there is MORE......

1)  It will save the taxpayers tons of money, instead of requiring that tax dollars go to large Corporations to address climate change.  

2)  The Europeans are so impressed that they are requiring this government mandate to reduce their CO2 emissions.  Nothing else worked.  This does.  You can't fool physics.

3)  Wait, there more!!!  No Congressional action needed, no public expenditure of funds needed.  Best yet, Governors Inslee, Brown, and Newsome....those west coast "climate" Governors have the authority to do it....TODAY.

4)  Wait, still skeptical??  Don't want to do something you haven't done before??  Well, you did it for 23 years!!!  Yes, unfortunately, that Clinton/Gore Administration removed the FEDERAL regulations and gave the authority back to the states.  That happened in 1995, just as the planet started warming.

So are you willing to accept the need to change YOUR personal behavior back to 1995 to save the planet??  You might, but are politicians are so SCARED of implementing this regulation to save the planet, they  REFUSE to even discuss it!!!

SAVE THE PLANET......BRING BACK 55 MPH speed limit.

The one thing we can do RIGHT NOW, without legislation.  Almost every Governor in this country has the authority to do it.  Governors Evans, McCall, and Reagan did it in 1973 to save energy.

Today, 55 MPH will go a long way to saving the planet.  Yet, none of the "climate" politicians will even discuss it!!!

Yep, I will believe in man-caused climate change when I see the 55 MPH signs on the highways.....AGAIN.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We had a very hot and dry summer.  It was hot enough to break records.  The chicken littles were running around chanting "see that is proof that the planet is warming"...... but wait....in order to break records do you not have to have records?  Some of said records were from 1890 and up to 1920.  That is long before cars and crowded freeways. Next thing i think the true believers are giong to want is to change the tilt of the earth to moderate "climate change"!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Kirk W locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...