Proof of vaccine required for Escapees events?

Fhkw9DPJ8V1g

1 minute ago, GlennWest said:

What is a proof of vaccine. A card?

I would assume that the proof would be your vaccine card. That seems to be the only way to prove it. Someone had even suggested that it could be a picture of your vaccine card that would be on your phone.

Again, I'm just trying to verify the rumor. Let's just say that the opinion around the fire was disbelief and dismay.

Not a problem for me.  I will not attend any events that people are not vaccinated and wear a mask.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

1 hour ago, Fhkw9DPJ8V1g said:

Is it true that proof of vaccine is now required to attend Escapees sponsored events?

Rather than sharing the latest rumor, why not just visit the Escapees website? 

August 27, 2021

Updated COVID-19 Precautions for Escapees Events

• At event check-in, you will be asked to present either a valid U.S. or Canadian CDC vaccination card (a copy or photo on your phone is acceptable) showing that you are fully vaccinated OR written results of a negative COVID-19 test performed within the past 72 hours.
  • If you don’t have a test, have lost your vaccination card, or are outside of the 72-hour window, locations of the nearest testing facilities will be provided to you. You will be required to self-isolate until a negative test can be provided.
  • Participants who test positive are not allowed to remain on site, and will receive a full refund of their registration fee.

Edited by Kirk W
Update information in post.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

5 hours ago, Fhkw9DPJ8V1g said:

I would assume that the proof would be your vaccine card. That seems to be the only way to prove it. Someone had even suggested that it could be a picture of your vaccine card that would be on your phone.

Again, I'm just trying to verify the rumor. Let's just say that the opinion around the fire was disbelief and dismay.

Unless your the girl that got arrested for going to Hawaii with a fake card she made or bought. She got caught and crying like a baby saying that she is a good person. 

I think it is awesome that they are trying to keep their members safe and alive. 

Edited by rynosback

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

5 hours ago, Kirk W said:

August 27, 2021

Excellent answer, Kirk.  And why we loved you received an award at Escapade.  You do SO much to help all the rookies and the experienced folk, too.  Kudos!

MyRVRadio - Streaming online 24/7 at MyRVRadio.com and via mobile apps! Content for RVers from RVers.   2018 Grand Design Momentum 399TH • 2019 Ford F-350 (DRW)
2016 Harley-Davidson Heritage • 2013 Harley Sportster with a sidecar
Web: https://MyRVRadio.com • Facebook: https://fb.com/MyRVRadio  

1 hour ago, GlennWest said:

Reckon I will never go then

I will not do any spike protein injection either. 

Steve and Joy

Amateur Radio Operator WZ1T . . .  Flex 6600 M,  Flex PGXL, Flex TGXL, 

2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . Lincoln MKX Toad

The Kids . . . Yogi the Yorkie  passed 10/20/2018. . . Cookie the Chihuahua passed 11/30/2017 . . . Cooper the Aussie Doodle passed 3/10/2020

Abbie  and Abel  the Doodles . . . Brother and Sister Born 02/02/2020   . . . Lucy the Yorkie . . . and Axel  . . .The Bernie Doodle

Where We Are Now

2 hours ago, Ranger Smith said:

I will not do any spike protein injection either. 

Boy, do you not understand anything about the vaccinations.  If you don’t want the mRNA get the J&J.   Or catch the disease and risk dying, just don’t be around anyone else.  Have you considered a enrollment in a basic science class ar a community college?  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

4 hours ago, Will B. said:

And why we loved you received an award at Escapade. 

Thank you! I am not often speechless, but that time I was. ☺️

Just yesterday I learned that one of my friends from Van, TX, where we used to live, died from covid on Sept. 4. He would have been 70 on Sept. 8. He had hesitated to get the vaccine even though most of his family had done so and were encouraging him to join them. Sadly, he was too late in changing his mind and so spent his last 2 weeks in ICU, most of that on a ventilator. 

I know from discussions with staff that Escapees have really struggled with the issue of masks & vaccine mandates. I know that there was a great deal of thought put into the latest decision. With any large group those who organize events much do what they believe to be in the best interest of the majority of those who will wish to attend. 

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We hesitated to get the vaccine but finally did because of all the older people we have been around since full timing. Not sure it was the right decision as we have been traveling throughout the whole “pandemic “ and have been in close contact with people that had it and never felt anything. We only joined escapees for the mailing address and not sure that was right either. Not sure of going to any escapees rally’s would benefit us as we have been camping/rving our whole Iives and don’t need the few who just started to tell us how to do it. 
I know most here have been doing it a lot but there are a lot of people who think they know more than most. We got our shots finally and are not going to wear a mask all the time even of it means we miss and escapees event. No big deal. We are living our lives like normal. We don’t get in big crowds or expose ourselves to anyone we think we shouldn’t. Let escapees and anyone else make their rules and we wi make our pin decision. Stay safe by your our rules

Dan and Freda, so glad you got the vaccine and hope you will realize that in indoor crowded places, like stores, etc., provides the extra protection against the new variants.  Think of the vaccinations as insurance against horrible outcome if an aggressive variant comes your way.  Plus, you are helping everyone around you but reducing transmission.   It is all good.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

I read something recently that said it's OK for me to not get the vaccine or wear a mask because you do both is the same as saying it's OK for me to drive drunk because you wear a seatbelt and have airbags.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I may be forced to get mine. 

Still working and some requiring it. As I understand it two treatments. So will have to wait till get back in Texas. DW won't get vaccinated. She was put in hospital by first flu shot she got. That was years ago but she don't trust them now.

Edited by GlennWest

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

No one is forcing anyone to do anything. Our decisions have consequences. We are all living with the results of decisions WE made decades and/or years ago in finances, health, and appearance.

I do not want to be forced to be near folks who could infect me and other vaccinated people with even a mild case of COVID! I have a neighbor who last year came by without masks telling me it was a hoax while people were dying all over the world and here we lost hundreds of thousands.

I just saw them outside and asked if they had their vaccinations. They said yes and I told them we were glad because we were worried about them.

Why she asked? I said because you guys told us last year before we had vaccines that it was all a hoax. As a Lab Tech I told you no viruses are political, nor are bacteria, rickettsia, prions, one celled or more parasites - none are political. Just very hungry. I was amazed when she said she does not remember them saying that?? They are a few years older so may have memory issues bless their hearts. I don't.

No one gets in our house that has not been vaccinated - masks or not. Our decision. We may alienate someone, or have to choose another contractor or workman. Consequences we accept.

The unvaccinated are dying in droves here in the US. It is not my job to educate the willfully ignorant. Just to keep them away from me and mine.

I don't hate them. I wish them no harm. They can choose to vaccinate or choose to stay away. Their choices. Risk your lives, not mine and my loved ones.

But the unvaccinated forget that they are forcing themselves on the rest of us, and try take away OUR choice to not be around the unvaccinated by lying (fake cards,) or bullying, or threats. I used to draw blood then test it. In my seven years on medical staff I saw lots the big guys terrified of a little prick from a needle, turn green and some pass out. I found a better way to draw blood with no AIDS risk back then - the M-16! (Humor) And spent my last 20 of 27 years as a Combat Arms Instructor before they made us cops in my last year before retirement.

Both my son and DIL are BSRNs working with COVID and terrible trauma at Landstuhl Medical Center Germany, one of the main hospitals for returning US citizens and Afghan refugees. They are vaccinated and take all precautions to keep our grand kids safe from bringing any deadly diseases home, like we did in the mid 80s with AIDS patients,  hepatitis patients, we had to touch and draw blood from to help them recover quickly.

I disagree with not treating the deathly ill who are unvaccinated by choice. If we don't they will continue to avoid masks and precautions around their own loved ones like Typhoid Marys. And spread it to their communities.

We'll get through this. With or without the help of the willfully ignorant.

Our health care personnel and facilities are becoming overwhelmed by the unvaccinated and folks like me may not get emergency care once the hospitals have to turn away non-COVID cases too.

Thank you Escapees. The lives you save may be those of my still on the road RV friends.🙂

Safe Travels!

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

On 9/7/2021 at 10:16 AM, Kirk W said:

August 27, 2021

Thanks for the info Kirk. That's pretty much it for me and the Escapees RV club; I will not be renewing.  I have been vaccinated. Without getting political, I  will not get herded into this "You gotta be/You better be" mentality. This is still America. Barely. And yes, I understand this is a choice, and it's the one I'm choosing.

2015 Forest River Rockwood Signature Series Ultra Lite 8289WS w/ Diamond Pkg.

2014 RAM CTD 6.7 Tradesman 4WD Crew Cab Long Bed  😀

Honda eu2200i generators

Daisy May, the Golden Doodle Wonderdog

I protect my kids and this child and her brother and strangers by being as safe as possible for them and us. Our granddaughter.SI52HiUl.jpg

This is what is at stake.

We'd also like to be around next year to celebrate my 70th Birthday and next September 6th our 50th Wedding Anniversary.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

28 minutes ago, beemergary said:

Just because you got the experimental drug (kids do as I say not as I do) does not mean you can give it to others. Your the scary ones. Did you get check before to see if you had it and now have the God given immune antibodies now? CDC has no real numbers. Look what happened on the all vacinated Norwiegen cruise ship. Won't see that on fake news. You people are segregating your rv club. Take a history lesson on socializm/communism. Its alive and well pushed for no middle class. If you don't really care- then how about your kids and grandkids and all the vetrans. You still have the freedom choice.   Enjoy your day

Obviously you know next to nothing about basic biology and virology.  First, it is not an experimental drug - the experiments were done long before it was authorized for emergency use as the final paperwork was being completed.  Second, depending upon HOW one is infected, the immunity might not last very long, but the vaccine gives better immunity and it last longer.   Yes, the CDC has real numbers.  Yes, Pfizer has been approved, yes Moderna and J&J will follow.  The basis for these vaccines have been in the works for YEARS.  I hope you don't end saying "can't it get it" when they intubate you because you refused to listen.  But more importantly, because you refuse to be part of the social contract that says one trys to help others.  Because getting the vaccine is for yourself AND FOR OTHERS.  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834