Are the snowbird campgrounds full where you are thiswinter

Wrknrvr

I am curious if the campgrounds are at normal capacity this winter where you are. It seems as though they are not quite full where we are. 

Also it seems like more travel trailers and small new class c Motorhomes. But the class C size are more like a conventional class A type Motorhome. They are not built on like a ford chassis. They may be of a Ford chassis, but they do not have a conventional cab on them.

Just curious,.  Vern

A neighbor here in Mesa AZ says he has to find a place to boondock from the 3rd to 9th of February, since this campground is full and so are some others he has called. 

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

central Florida is pretty much full for long term stays.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

Our park in West Central Florida is just about full.  We have very few open spots that don't stay empty for long with all the people coming and going.  Other parks in the area appear to be near capacity also.  I recently tried to get a reservation at a campground over on the East Coast but all of those appear to be full also.

Safe Travels...

Roger, K4RS and Toni, K1TS
Amateur Radio Operators - Motorcycle Riders (Harley Davidson Tri-Glide Ultra)

Fulltime from 2003-2016 - Now longtime RVers

On the road, living the dream...
Ford F-250 Super Duty 7.3 liter diesel and Forest River XLR Toyhauler. 

Position report via amateur radio

This is my 3rd winter in Wickenburg, AZ at the same park.  People come and go - some may spend 3 months here, then move somewhere else, but then there's someone who takes their space.  The month of February is overflow with the activities here in town, but this park keeps 4-5 spaces for short term visitors.  Seems pretty much the same level of turn around to me.

Here in Yuma, the occupancy rate at some 73 RV parks seems much better than the last several years. But there is room, it may not be quite what you desire. The rental lots out here in the Foothills seem to have good occupancy also, but still "how many do you want"? Lot of shingles advertising "lots for rent". The number of ads on Craig's List, the last week, seem to be dwindling. With the 1st of February all but here, the probability of renting decreases each day. Then come the end of February and beginning of March when the daytime temps can hit 85, you start to here that hum from the roof as the AC's are running. A couple days of that and you here the clicks of fiver hitches going closed, MH's dragging out tow bars, and travel trailers safety chains clanging.   

Our home-base is in northeast TX and an area not usually considered to be snowbird country, but most if not all of the RV parks are very busy. It seems like they have fewer empty sites than I have seen in a long time. I don't see a noticeable change in the kinds of RVs in the campgrounds.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Kirk, that was a great question.  You are near Houston, right?  I noticed we haven't heard from anyone in the Valley (S. Texas) yet.  I would be interested in hearing occupancy rates there.

2002 NuWa HitchHiker II 31 FKTG, Onan Generator, HWH Levelling, RVFlexArmor roof

2005 Chevy Silverado 2500 Crew Cab, Long Bed, SRW, 8.1L

B&W Companion Fifth Wheel Hitch

Me and Mama and the fur-kid:
Prince - chihuahua-pug mix

SW Florida (Ft Myers/Cape Coral metro area) is where we are.  Our CG is full.  Last year everyone here for the winter turned in a reservation request around the end of March for the upcoming next winter stay.  CG ownership announced last week they want all reservations turned in now instead of waiting until March.  They are about half way done adding 65 new sites that are 75' long pull throughs.  They anticipate all of those will be reserved for minimum 4 month stays next winter already!

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

I’m in Surprise AZ (Sunflower RV Park part of the Cal-Am group) near Phoenix and my Park is full. I have been here since Oct and was supposed to leave Jan 1st but due to a cancellation I was able to stay thru April 1st. I was planning to go to Vegas for April but Oasis is full. May stay here for one more month or try another park in Vegas. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

we are at Gulf Waters RV Resort in Port Aransas, Tx and our occupancy is high, about the same as the previous nine years we have stayed here.   Most of the RV parks in our area have recovered from Hurricane Harvey with the exception of Mustang Island State park and the city park.  The condo industry in Port A on the other hand has taken a terrible beating from the hurricane and a very large number of units are still not available for rent.  Regarding types of rigs, I can't say I see any noticeable change compared to previous years.  Best Wishes, Jay

2015 Continental Coach Elegance by Forks RV, 41'; 2015 FL M2 112, DD 13, by 2L Custom Trucks; Trailer Saver air hitch; '48 Navigoddess with a Rand McNally GPS

We just left Mesa Spirit RV Park in Mesa, AZ this morning. We had been there since December 1st. It is an Encore Park (although we are not members). We were surprised at the number of empty sites for this time of the year. It was our first time staying at that park or even in the area so we have nothing to compare it to. Very nice park though.

Vicki

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 

Mesa Spirit was sold about 5 years ago when it’s management went WAY downhilll - we were on of those who said never again.  It is slowly coming back, but It will take a while. 

Our park (Val Vista Villages) is full, but there are a few sites for week long stays.  It will empty out on April 1st - literally a traffic jam with everyone leaving that day.😎

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Not a snowbird park, but we're currently at Stephen Foster Folk Culture Center in northern Florida. There was a handful of empty sites that kept moving around during the week, but according to the sign at the check-in booth, the campground is full now. There's been a steady site turnover here every day.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

We are first time "Winter Texans" in the lower RGV area.  Our park filled in right after the 1st of Jan. & as people move out others fill in within a day or two.

Been looking at other parks in the area & seems as though they too,  are full.

Todd

“…nothing so liberalizes a man and expands the kindly instincts that nature put in him as travel and contact with many kinds of people.” – Mark Twain

5 hours ago, missourijan said:

At the Voyager in Tucson it is busier than I've seen it in several years. 

Just left there and there were several empty spots.  And they said I could only stay for 10 days.  I guess a lot of people do not turn there lot into the renting pool.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

9 hours ago, Rover said:

We just left Mesa Spirit RV Park in Mesa, AZ this morning. We had been there since December 1st. It is an Encore Park (although we are not members). We were surprised at the number of empty sites for this time of the year. It was our first time staying at that park or even in the area so we have nothing to compare it to. Very nice park though.

Vicki

Good to hear that you liked the park.  I will be there in a week for a couple of weeks.

14 hours ago, rynosback said:

Good to hear that you liked the park.  I will be there in a week for a couple of weeks.

Be sure and visit the activities office and pick up their monthly newsletter and activity list. Lots of stuff going on at the park - concerts, dances, classes, excercising, and hiking and biking groups if you like that sort of thing. 

Vicki

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 

9 hours ago, Rover said:

Be sure and visit the activities office and pick up their monthly newsletter and activity list. Lots of stuff going on at the park - concerts, dances, classes, excercising, and hiking and biking groups if you like that sort of thing. 

Vicki

Thanks and will do.

Archived