Pulled the triger

forxlr8n

52 minutes ago, rickeieio said:

I wanna know how to pull the interior in 2 hours.  It takes me that long to get the seats and floor mat out.:wacko:

because I work at the factory and your job cycle is 6 mins long. No kidding I've done every job on the sleeper line many times. I went to a new job every day. If you where out I take your place. tomorrow someone else is out and off I go to do that job.

1 hour ago, forxlr8n said:

NO , it's terrible. I plan on gutting it and I'll get all new interior for it. ( I can take everything out of the cab except for the dash in less 2 hours) 

Hi forxlr8n,

Congrats on your new truck. I hope you don't mind me making a few suggestions. I pulled most of the interior out of my truck ('12 630VNL) including seats, seat belts, wall panels,and head liner and etc. This is what I found out when I was  working on the truck. The seat belt bolts that are in the floor can cause a head ache. I needed the help from my neighbor. He was in the cab with a socket and breaker bar and I was under the truck with heat from a torch. Volvo likes there lock tight. The nuts are spot welded to the cab. They can break loose. Don't ask me how I know this. Be careful in taking out the seats. They are heavy. I can give more suggestions later if you want me to.

Have fun working,
Al

21 minutes ago, forxlr8n said:

because I work at the factory and your job cycle is 6 mins long. No kidding I've done every job on the sleeper line many times. I went to a new job every day. If you where out I take your place. tomorrow someone else is out and off I go to do that job.

It sounds like you know all about the lock tight. 

Al

This truck was in an accident the local dealership did the repairs. The insurance sent the first check to the dealership and the next to the owner. He cashed the check and never paid the bill. This caused the truck to sit in limbo for 3 years before they could get the out of state title. They got it last week. Lets say they wanted it gone.:D

Congratulations.  I look forward to seeing what you do with the interior. 

I have had the interior out of my T2000 a few times for various reasons.  I've even stripped the dash down to its skeleton.  I'm sure Volvo's are a little different than Kenworth's, but as I'm sure you know, it's not rocket science to strip them down.  Do you plan to put OEM stuff back in or are you going to do something custom?