Covid 19 Vaccinations and Winter Visitors in Maricopa Cty, AZ

Barbaraok

From the Maricopa County Public Health Website under their Covid19 info FAQ

Yes. Individuals will be taken in order based on their priority population not based on residency status. Identification, such as a driver's license or employer ID badge, may be required to verify eligibility for the phase they are registering.

Temporary residents who are interested in being vaccinated are strongly encouraged to remain in the state for both the first and second dose of the vaccine. This will help ensure they will receive the benefits of full vaccination and have access to the same vaccine manufacturer for both doses. The different vaccine products will not be interchangeable and have variances in timeframes required for the second dose. The series of two doses must be completed with the same vaccine product.

Note: There is no sign-up process or pre-screen survey available for Phase 1B or 1C. More information about eligibility and the vaccine distribution process for populations prioritized in Phase 1B and 1C will be shared as soon as it becomes available.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

From the Maricopa County Public Health Website under their Covid19 info FAQ

This confused me. I can see a driver's license being used as proof of age but I can't guess what an employer's ID would do other than indicate residency which the say is not required.

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

3 hours ago, sandsys said:

This confused me. I can see a driver's license being used as proof of age but I can't guess what an employer's ID would do other than indicate residency which the say is not required.

It is an Either-Or thing.  Use whatever you have that will have your birthdate on them.   A lot of people don't have driver's licenses but do have employer badges, especially housekeeping individuals in large hotels, etc.    I'm betting for most of us we will be able to get them at Walgreens/CVS and they will have all that info on file anyway.   

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

21 minutes ago, griffy said:

In Nevada it appears that the Governor may exclude snowbirds since the Tier # 3 vaccination plan says, "Elderly Nevadans (emphasis mine) Age 65+ without Underlying Health Conditions."

Where did you see this info.  I am a Nevadan age 74 with heart disease and SA so I am curious as to my place in line or pecking order.  Thanks

Both CVS (where we get most prescriptions filled) and the VA have begun to send me regular email reports on the progress in available vaccine and who will be eligible for it here in Dallas Co., TX.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

not to worry as you might get to take another shot with the NEW strain coming out of The eu.   just heard about it last night on the main stream news outlet.

not made it into the USA...yet. but will be here by the 2021 winter flu season.

but then if this shot, provides any protection. maybe by then the government mandated lock downs will be lifted?

and some say one will have to have a "card" to prove they have had the shots.   but then no need to worry about the when, where, or how one can get a shot. as here in ca they are (state of ca) is saying one can get a drive-by injection. same way the testing is getting handled. will be done by spring of 2021.

no need to show id. or even prove you live here.

5 hours ago, Kirk W said:

Both CVS (where we get most prescriptions filled) and the VA have begun to send me regular email reports on the progress in available vaccine and who will be eligible for it here in Dallas Co., TX.

We haven't received word from anyone yet as to where or when we might be eligible to get the vaccine!  We'll be in AZ until sometime in March, so it would be nice if we could get it while we're here, but I have no idea where to even start checking into this.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

14 minutes ago, LindaH said:

where or when we might be eligible to get the vaccine! 

Nothing about when here yet either but there is talk of pusing it to everyone over 65 fairly early so time will tell. I also received a note from Medicare today that states that they will pay any cost if there is one. 

2 hours ago, LindaH said:

We haven't received word from anyone yet as to where or when we might be eligible to get the vaccine!  We'll be in AZ until sometime in March, so it would be nice if we could get it while we're here, but I have no idea where to even start checking into this.

They don't know yet, but I'm betting it will be at Pharmacies like Walgreen/CVS, plus maybe some clinics.   I figure middle of February into March.  We aren't planning on leaving until mid-April.  The Maricopa County Public Health site will have everything laid out on their Covid-19 pages.  

4 hours ago, packnrat said:

not made it into the USA...yet. but will be here by the 2021 winter flu season.

They had identified at least a couple of months ago, so it is probably here.  This isn't the first mutation, so relax - they all mutate.  So far m-RNA vaccine is good against similar spike proteins on variants used to penetrate cells.    Don't know yet about the other vaccines in the pipeline which are based on different methods of vaccine development.    Everyone will get a card when they get the first shot, the second shot will be noted on it, and then you have it to carry.  Airlines could go to "No shot record, No fly" requirements.   Also, schools may require proof of vaccination just like they do for mumps, measles, chickenpox, etc.  next fall.  

Edited by Barbaraok

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

This Boston Children's Hospital VaccineFinder website will be adding COVID-19 vaccination locations when the vaccines become more widely available to general public.

https://vaccinefinder.org/

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

8 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

They don't know yet, but I'm betting it will be at Pharmacies like Walgreen/CVS, plus maybe some clinics.   I figure middle of February into March.  We aren't planning on leaving until mid-April.  The Maricopa County Public Health site will have everything laid out on their Covid-19 pages.  

They had identified at least a couple of months ago, so it is probably here.  This isn't the first mutation, so relax - they all mutate.  So far m-RNA vaccine is good against similar spike proteins on variants used to penetrate cells.    Don't know yet about the other vaccines in the pipeline which are based on different methods of vaccine development.    Everyone will get a card when they get the first shot, the second shot will be noted on it, and then you have it to carry.  Airlines could go to "No shot record, No fly" requirements.   Also, schools may require proof of vaccination just like they do for mumps, measles, chickenpox, etc.  next fall.  

first i heard was just last night. but then i do not always tune in the nightly lies.. er i mean news broadcast.

Texas also has the winter resident issue to deal with and in searching the internet I was unable to find anything about how or if there is any plan to vaccinate winter visitors. It may be that there is no differentiation between part & full time residents. 

The "latest mutation" N 501 Y is in the news because it is a fast spreader compared to other versions.   

According to Dr. John Walker in the UK, (see his discussions on you tube) C-19 virus can mutate approx every 14 days.  Flu once a week.  HIV every three days. There have been approx 1300 mutations of C-19 virus. 

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

2 hours ago, Kirk W said:

Texas also has the winter resident issue to deal with and in searching the internet I was unable to find anything about how or if there is any plan to vaccinate winter visitors. It may be that there is no differentiation between part & full time residents. 

Arizona REALLY enjoys the income from Winter Residents.   Plus, a lot of people I know (including me) were sending emails to the health department (they asked people to submit questions for the FAQ page they were putting together) asking if Winter Visitors would be able to get the shots.   I especially like their suggestions that people remain in the Valley for the whole month between shots - spending money here instead of somewhere on the way back. 😎

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

1 hour ago, Jaydrvr said:

The governor of FL was recently very specific about including temporary and seasonal visitors as well as permanent residents, although no specific timetable was given. Jay

Of course, think of how much sales tax money that Florida gets from winter visitors wo purchase things during their stays, plus all the people employed to provide services to them.   Some restaurants might make it through the winter if they can stay and get their shots rather than returning north.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

9 hours ago, packnrat said:

first i heard was just last night. but then i do not always tune in the nightly lies.. er i mean news broadcast.

This wasn't on the news, it was on the Maricopa County Public Health website.  You don't check on things that effect you?  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

true, as i know of nobody who has gotten a case of even the sniffles, nobody i know same for them.

now as to the warehouse crew... they love to find reasons to not work. guess they are independently wealthy. many call in sick, or just work a couple hrs and go home. lucky for them it is a union shop.

and then my work hrs are long. i am up now only cause its my weekend and i have been working on a project all night.

(my work hrs are over night).