Covid 19 Vaccinations and Winter Visitors in Maricopa Cty, AZ

Barbaraok

34 minutes ago, packnrat said:

true, as i know of nobody who has gotten a case of even the sniffles, nobody i know same for them.

now as to the warehouse crew... they love to find reasons to not work. guess they are independently wealthy. many call in sick, or just work a couple hrs and go home. lucky for them it is a union shop.

and then my work hrs are long. i am up now only cause its my weekend and i have been working on a project all night.

(my work hrs are over night).

For the first statement I would say you have been fortunate as many have but plenty of people have not.  In my family we have had 3 relations that have died from it since March. 

For you second statement I would say you are projecting your view without having all the facts.

I hope you remain safe and healthy and have good Christmas.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, packnrat said:

i know of nobody who has gotten a case of even the sniffles, nobody i know same for them.

We have one friend whose daughter, husband, and granddaughter in NE currently have covid, as does his sister in CO. Two of our former neighbors near Tyler, TX are now recovering and the husband two doors from our former home died of it. In our gated community there have been two couples who both got it and are all presently covid free but far from completely recovered. I have a friend in Wichita who had a very mild case and a cousin in Newton, KS that had covid, now free of it but far from fully recovered. So that would make 3 in NE, 1 in CO, 2 in KS, and 7 here in TX. That means that 13 people contracted it and one died. I assure you that it is real and you don't want the experience. 

Edited by Kirk W
Corrected for one case left out.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

2 hours ago, packnrat said:

true, as i know of nobody who has gotten a case of even the sniffles, nobody i know same for them.

Sounds like you're working so much that you don't have a chance to inquire about others.

We now have three very good friends who have died this past month from COVID; one in Michigan; two in Arizona.

It's real. Having your head in the sand doesn't help.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

I am sure you folks are very correct in reporting all the deaths and serious illness of corona virus in people you know of but where are all the photos and videos of all the body bags being loaded into refrigerated trucks or taken to funeral homes or patients waiting in line at the ER?? 

Our lovely national news media loved showing us photos of all this deaths in early 2020 but now nothing at all only talking mouth ** on TV.  Wearing a mask and  practicing social distance fits in perfectly with my solo outdoor camping, hiking, fishing and kayaking and internet  lifestyle so no problems for me.  Better safe than sorry.  As someone said  "show me the money".   Just curious and my head is not in the sand. 

From bitter personal experiences in Vietnam and over the years as a veteran I know the media is not always accurate or trustworthy on important issues of the day.  Happy Camping to everyone

Edited by NamMedevac 70

6 hours ago, Kirk W said:

Texas also has the winter resident issue to deal with and in searching the internet I was unable to find anything about how or if there is any plan to vaccinate winter visitors. It may be that there is no differentiation between part & full time residents. 

We'll be tracking on this also, Kirk.   Two months ago my wife and I were on our way to Michigan (via car) for Holidays with family there.   We stopped in Texarkana  to visit family and while stopped, was advised by my Michigan Doctor to not continue to Michigan due to COVID spiking.   We then decided to stay in Texarkana and to get settled into a motel suite for the season.   We would also undertake our medical exams & treatments in Texarkana for our various medical needs.   (Family here, all going well.)   

I just read where the State of Texas changed the priority for Vaccines to include age 65+ in the "Priority 1B"category, up from the "Priority 1C" category.   Question still remains... as a "seasonal snowbirder"in Texas, undergoing medical treatment... do we qualify for Texas Vaccine inoculations?   If anyone comes across an answer, please post?   We will do the same.   I have asked local medical folks... and they are non-committal and do not seem to know themselves.

Edited by Jim & Alice

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

7 minutes ago, NamMedevac 70 said:

I am sure you folks are very correct in reporting all the deaths and serious illness of corona virus in people you know of but where are all the photos and videos of all the body bags being loaded into refrigerated trucks or taken to funeral homes or patients waiting in line at the ER?? 

Our lovely national news media loved showing us photos of all this deaths in early 2020 but now nothing at all only talking mouth ** on TV.  Wearing a mask and  practicing social distance fits in perfectly with my solo outdoor camping, hiking, fishing and kayaking and internet  lifestyle so no problems for me.  Better safe than sorry.  As someone said  "show me the money".   Just curious and my head is not in the sand. 

From bitter personal experiences in Vietnam and over the years as a veteran I know the media is not always accurate or trustworthy on important issues of the day.  Happy Camping to everyone

Can’t help that you watch news that isn’t complete.   You never saw pictures of the Morgue trailers in El Paso with families up on roof looking at rucks with their loved ones bodies? https://www.mrt.com/news/article/Midland-County-receives-mobile-morgue-trailer-15793516.php

Last night lots of pictures of hospitals in CA with 130% capacity and people in the halls, some in chairs because they ran out of beds.  3000 a day and you haven’t seen the pictures?   Pull your head out of the sand and catch up, because clearly you are trying hard NOT to see what is happening!    

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

51 minutes ago, NamMedevac 70 said:

https://www.ocregister.com/2020/12/10/some-orange-county-ambulances-with-patients-are-waiting-hours/

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/health/story/2020-12-15/governor-says-covid-19-deaths-have-activated-a-grim-supply-chain

Bodies are cremated; no funerals.

Non-believers amaze me with their thinking.

Full-timed for 16 Years

2 hours ago, NamMedevac 70 said:

...I know the media is not always accurate or trustworthy on important issues of the day. 

That depends on which media you're watching.  Many times on CNN I've seen the full hospitals, refrigerated trucks, sad and exhausted nurses pleading with us to mask up, and then turn to Fox news and.... nothing.  Nothing on their website either.  "Not always accurate" can also mean complete disregard and omission.

Edited by hemsteadc

Thank you for the updated information and your strong reply.  I just recently reduced my news watching and missed those reports.  My great thanks to you.  I also reduced watching Fox news with the others.  Again my heartfelt grateful thanks to all of you for informing me with quick replies.  I am not a non believer but simply ask a simple question that some of you have now answered without other inferences. 

I do spend a lot of time outdoors on public lands and away from TV.

Edited by NamMedevac 70

11 minutes ago, NamMedevac 70 said:

Then don’t say the news isn’t covering this.  

Just learned that my daughter’s sister-in-law, who works in the office in a hospital, has COVID.  And she lives with her retired parents, both of whom are medically compromised.  Daughter and SIL can’t do anything to help since they are 500 miles away and SIL is immunocompromised because of medication he takes.   And millions of families are going through the same thing all across the country!    

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Okay I will deeply apologize to you for a thousand times for my poorly written post.  I just explained why i missed the news to another poster.  I have noticed you are quick to jump on other people.  What is your problem. 당신은 단지 트롤입니다

I do live in a large apartment complex with majority elderly population like me and we keep close eye on one another and so far no one has covid or died.   I hope our luck continues.

Edited by NamMedevac 70

1 hour ago, NamMedevac 70 said:

For both covid avoidance and for good mental health, that is probably a good plan. Sometimes I would like to avoid texts from friends too as bad news does get very old.   😷

39 minutes ago, NamMedevac 70 said:

I do live in a large apartment complex with majority elderly population like me and we keep close eye on one another and so far no one has covid or died.   I hope our luck continues.

I hope your luck also continues.   I wish I could say that no one in our complex has gotten the disease, but unfortunately I can't.   Fortunately, we can all distance ourselves from each other as necessary, not everyone can.      

My problem is people who don't take it seriously and question that it is really happening.  Say you've been lucky and don't know anyone who has been sick or died, but don't try to insinuate that it isn't happening, that the media is lying just because you aren't paying attention, etc.   

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

10 minutes ago, Barbaraok said:

problem is people who don't take it seriously and question that it is really happening. 

As we are approaching the 1-year anniversary of this, I  would hope the 'fake news' crowd is rapidly diminishing.  Sadly, I don't think that will  ever go away completely. 

I still see plenty of the  unmasked in  Quartzsite, with few mask requirements in stores.  Many CA stores will not allow entry without one.. No shirt, no shoes, no mask...  Covid has now made it to Antarctica.  This is one tough virus.

Edited by hemsteadc

1 minute ago, hemsteadc said:

As we are approaching the 1-year anniversary of this, 

My friend in Wichita was one of those who refused to wear a mask and doubted that it was very serious. He now wears a mask and tells others to do the same after losing 8# in the first 2 weeks with covid and after a month he still doesn't spend hardly any time in his shop for lack of energy and his was a pretty mild case. He said that contact tracing people told him that he probably got it from a store that he frequents where several employees were found to have it. 

17 hours ago, Kirk W said:

after a month he still  spends hardly any time in his shop for lack of energy and his was a pretty mild case.

Is this an older person? 

It's not just the deaths that are bad, it's the sick overloading hospitals, making emergencies like broken bones, heart attacks and strokes much more difficult to deal with.  Scheduled surgeries too. And I understand hospitals actually lose money on most Covid patients.  

Edited by hemsteadc

I think we are all getting testy and worn down.  I think I am pretty lucky to have had as little personal friends and family be affected but it sure makes me nervous for anyone I care about even the knot heads in my family that deny it to this point.  I would maybe be better off if I didn't read and follow so much news but I can't help myself as I see honest information as power to deal with things. I have a pretty large skepticism of news so I am cross checking sources to ferret out what is true as much as possible.

ps:  I always cross check what I read on the internet if it is important.

Edited by bigjim

5 minutes ago, noteven said:

Anyone know what the vaccinations will cost a cash customer? 

I believe it's free.

https://www.cnet.com/health/covid-19-vaccine-facts-moderna-approved-hidden-costs-when-you-can-get-vaccinated/

Full-timed for 16 Years

31 minutes ago, 2gypsies said:

Oops - I should have mentioned for a cash customer visiting non resident alien - I read somewhere $40 total and then somewhere maybe $60

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever.