Replacement furniture

PAylor

When the fake leather on our theater/recliner seating started pealing and cracking, we replaced it with cloth covered theater seating from Rec Pro. We have been very happy with it.

Vicki

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 

5 hours ago, Mr. Camper said:

Since it's just Mrs. C and I we didn't need the original furniture so we bought new recliners we preferred and gave the RV made couch and recliners away.

"Gave the RV (factory) made couch and recliners away".

Ditto the above....plus:  Replaced the "freestanding" (but bolted to the floor) dinette table and four chairs (with storage under the padded seats) with a "drop leaf" table.  It seats two, but with leaves extended is a round table seating four.  The "factory" chairs were replaced by two "basic" padded chairs. Found an easy, inexpensive,  excellent match from a furniture store. *If* we needed to seat four, we would add two of our (outside) folding chairs.

FYI - for those considering couch removal:  Depending on the style:  remove the back, couch fits thru the door (in two pieces). Nice to have an assistant.

If there is ever another RV in the future, I would try to order w/o living/dining area furniture.

BTW:  The drop leaf table occupies the space where the couch was.  Re-positioned the two replacement recliners = lots more room!  The table is  *not* anchored to the floor, has never moved.  Easy to reconfigure the arrangement if we desire.

Edited by Pappy Yokum

We replaced both our recliner and sofa with leather pieces from Ekornes Stressless.  Yes, they were expensive but they're both in excellent condition after nearly 10 years of daily use.  Furthermore, a spring broke in the recliner's seat and it was replaced at no cost to us even after nearly 10 years!  To me that defines what it means to stand behind your product!

As for the dining table it has gone through several iterations. At present we have a 5 foot counter height butcherblock as both a table and auxiliary work surface.  We use fancy "bar stools" for sitting at the counter to eat. 

Edited by docj

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

12 hours ago, PAylor said:

The living room furniture is starting to wear out (I never liked it anyway).  Would love input on replacing the couch and recliners.   

If price is not an object, Lambright Comfort Chairs in Topeka, IN (about 30 miles east of Elkhart) makes fabulous furniture.  We had a rebuild done in summer 2019.  We bought the Hide-a-bed sofa with pulldown center console, two Lazy Relax-R recliners and a two drawer cabinet/table.  We couldn't be happier

Jinx and Wayne

2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

21 hours ago, Twotoes said:

I need new kitchen chairs, mine have no spring left to the padding. Where can I find some?

We got new foam and fabric and installed these ourselves with new staples.  We liked our kitchen chairs and now they match the rugs better.  Upholstery shops have the foam and can usually cut the pieces using your old foam or the chair bottom as a template.  

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

14 hours ago, docj said:

We replaced both our recliner and sofa with leather pieces from Ekornes Stressless.  Yes, they were expensive but they're both in excellent condition after nearly 10 years of daily use.

We're on 20 years with our Ekornes. Just ordered two for the new house.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

We also replaced our original couch, even tho it was still good, with Thomas Payne recliners. What a huge waste of money. Didn't last a year before they started peeling. What junk.

Went to furniture store, told them what we wanted the new recliners for and they helped find what we wanted size and feature wise and they installed them for us at no charge. Just had to bring the RV to them. 

Oh yeah, did I mention they are electric recliners w/adjustable head rests, also electric.

Lazy Boy chair and a half for her, Craigslist Ekornes Stressless for me, and a thrift store occasional chair for company. All better furniture than came with the RV.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Years ago I removed a swivel chair in our motorhome. Not as easy as it seemed. There were 4 bolts holding it down. Those bolts had been installed from underneath the floor. The heads of the bolts were then coverup up with the basement headliner. So those bolts stayed. The only way around the problem was to cut the bolts off at carpet level. Or ignore them and put the new furniture over them. We ignored them.

And a caution. There's a reason things are bolted down. It's because they can tap you on the back of the head in an accident. (Motorhomes). Have you ever considered the loose items that can tapped you on the back of the head in the event of an accident? Like those fancy stone sink inserts.

Just saying? Be aware of loose items.

• 4 months later...

I have a similar problem with replacing an RV folding couch, but mine was made by Steelcase which no longer makes RV furniture.  Also, it is bolted to a slide so the front is longer than the rear, and it has a furnace duct underneath it and a heat register cut into one end.  Can't just unbolt it and replace it because it was apparently made to fit this rig in that particular spot. 

Anyone know of a good place in Indiana that can modify something to fit this unique spot??

Edited by Solo18

I would check with Lambrights as someone earlier mentioned in Topeka In. I bet they can help you but probably need to take the unit with you and let them look at it.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch