Travel Trailer

Forum for those who explore in a Travel Trailer.

132 topics in this forum

• 14 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 21 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 25 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 31 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 2 replies
  1. hitch

• 6 replies
  2. Small tip

• 3 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 3 replies
RVers Online University

campgroundviews.com

Our program provides accurate individual wheel weights for your RV, toad, and tow vehicle, and will help you trim the pounds if you need to.

DFW RV Roof

RVAir The cleanest air in RVing!

Rv Share

Dish For My RV.

Find out more or sign up for Escapees RV'ers Bootcamp.

Advertise your product or service here.

The Rvers- Now Streaming

AGS Now Hiring

RV Pet Safety

RVTravel.com Logo

• Topics

• IF your charge controller can take 100 volts, why not run panels in series, that way 800 watts at 82 volts would be less than 10 amps and you could use 10 gauge down to controller.
    • It seems to be very popular judging from the reviews. Never stayed there. We have stayed at Rancheros de Santa Fe and the KOA that is North on I-25 towards Glorieta. Both were adequate. It has been a few years since we have been in the area, but the last time we were there, there was a small RV park in Pecos. North of Pecos on the road to Cowles, there were boondocking spots along the river, a wildlife management fishing access area with  about 6 spots and two Forest Service Campgrounds (Field Tract and Holy Ghost, I think).  Have seen some pretty good size 5th wheels going up and down the road to Holly Ghost campground.
    • Hi John. Great information. Truly appreciated. Here's another question. The solar panels come with attached 12 gauge wire with mc4 pre installed connectors. I plan on using mc4 combine connectors with 20amp fuses to combine the 2 panels on the roof. From the roof to the mppt is going to be 8 gauge. What's your thoughts on the 8 gauge and amps running through it? Also, can mc4 connectors be attached to 2 and 4 gauge? I was thinking about cutting the mc4 off and connecting the existing solar panel 12 gauge to the heavier 2 or 4 gauge. The distance from panel to mppt is 15ft. Thanks again. Jason
    • There is room. Extended van. Empty roof. The solar panels come with attached 12 gauge wire with mc4 pre installed connectors. I plan on using mc4 combine connectors with 20amp fuses to combine the 2 panels on the roof. From the roof to the mppt is going to be 8 gauge. What's your thoughts on the 8 gauge? Thanks for the information and the calculator. 
    • It is sad that there are a few that ruin the good things for the many. As for Walmart for oil changes and tires, I will not let them touch my vehicles.  After they messed up my Mom's car on an oil change and tire balance and rotation.  The tires were not balanced and they stripped the oil plug and over tightened the oil filter.  She went to get her car and it was not where they told her it was.  The moron left the keys in it and did not put it in park or set the E-brake.  It rolled down hill and over a curb into a field.  They did pay for a front end alignment as it went over a curb to get into the field. Ken