HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reporting a sighting of Kechup on I 95 heading north today. Looked like Henry was driving. I was returning from a trip to Iowa ( Dad passed away last Sunday) and had flown into Orlando (Allegiant), rented a car to finish the trip to West Palm.

Rod sorry to hear about your Dad-

Rick and Alana

Fulltimers

2018 Newmar Ventana 4037

2020 Jeep Gladiator 

1997 Jeep TJ

2009 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3

formerly owned 2000 Volvo 770, 600 Cummins ISX,18 speed autoshift, 14 foot "garage"

ET,Jackalopee,MaxBrake,Pressure Pro pro

www.rickandalanasgreatadventures.blogspot.com

Rod, sorry to hear of your loss.

The HERO Maker train left the RGV today and we are currently staying at the TCC (Texas Custom Coach) parking lot getting a couple of problems taking care of. Should be here about 4 days, and then on to East Texas to be with family and take a rest from our work at the border. Will be traveling from mid May until we come back to the RGV in late Oct.

Looking for groups to talk to about the need to help children at risk.

Hope to see y'all along the trail somewhere,

Edited by HERO Maker

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

We are in Junction City, KS for the rest of this week. Hope to head to Woodland Park, CO on Saturday.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

I got home from work Wednesday night, met up with member Lloyd(Bigstick) for breakfast, and a wash. Lloyd has been up the Al-Can, to Ft. Nelson, and East, and was on his way back home. I showed up at the truck wash with the Dodge, but while waiting went to get the Kenworth. This is what the well dressed drivers are wearing this season:

PTDC0049.jpg

After breakfast, while the trucks were lined up. Lloyd is on the left:

PTDC0050.jpg

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

• 2 weeks later...

Day 1 of the New life!

Left Austin at 7:08AM.

First stop Livingston, TX for Non-CDL Class A Licensing.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Then on to Bowling Green, KY for the RV Safety Conference.

Then Lincoln Nebraska.

Then throw a dart and head out.

Thanks to all who have so graciously helped in the preparations and I hope to see you on the road.

Edited by TreyandSusan

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

If you get out CO way stop by. Woodland Park. Diamond Campground. Nice and cool in the mountains. make sure you contact us before coming. We run almost 100% booked in July/August.

See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com

• 2 weeks later...

We are now at our summer property at Westfield, Wisconsin. Westfield is 60 miles north of Madison and our property is 3 1/2 miles east of I-39. If you are traveling in the area give us a call or email.

Gail & Bonnie Quinn (Full-timing since July 18, 2004)

2001 Volvo 610 autoshift (Ultimate V Rod) 465 HP, 1650 Torque, 3:42 gears with air locker, pictures of build can be seen @ http://community.web...theeskimogquinn

2010 New Horizons 45' custom Majestic, pictures of construction can be seen @ http://picasaweb.goo...com/gailquinn48

2003 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI, 100 HP, 118 Torque; Blog of 2007 Alaska trip @ http://quinntheeskim...nn.blogspot.com

2013 Smart Passion fortwo coupe

After attending the Chapter 17 Spring Rally in Grove, OK we are settled in on our lot at Outdoor Resorts of the Ozarks just south of Branson, Mo. Lots of rain has the lake at flood level but has resulted in a beautiful green spring. If you are in the area give us a call.

Mike & Jo Ann

Mike & Jo Ann
2006 40 ft Teton Royal Cheyenne, Honda EU6500is,, Semper Fi, WUØG

Have spent the last two days in Big Bend National Park ...Looking at the scenery running on off road trails ... even went down to the Rio Grande to let Trash and the DW cool off ....14 miles of rocks dirt and dust to get there !!!! Having fun ..headed to Carlsbad,NM from here then to Yellowstone....

Edited by Hogrydr

Jim&Hazel,03 Volvo 610,425hp,10sp Autoshift,Eaton 3:90 rear,24.5Alum,184"wb,ET jr/air hitch,SafVis Cams4,XM,Press/Pro,Garmin2720,CB,Rally Sport/TS,Bigfoot Levelers,03Roadking,02Dyna Lowrider,Golden Ret in spirit,Choc Lab(Trash)..Herrin Hauler Bed..Toyota FJ ...SKP# 95463 http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2901871210078354682lLxYIz .Laissez les Bon Temps Roulez ....

:) Left Big Bend Texas this morning about 10a and arrived in Carlsbad about 4:15p ....gonna be here a couple days .....

Jim&Hazel,03 Volvo 610,425hp,10sp Autoshift,Eaton 3:90 rear,24.5Alum,184"wb,ET jr/air hitch,SafVis Cams4,XM,Press/Pro,Garmin2720,CB,Rally Sport/TS,Bigfoot Levelers,03Roadking,02Dyna Lowrider,Golden Ret in spirit,Choc Lab(Trash)..Herrin Hauler Bed..Toyota FJ ...SKP# 95463 http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2901871210078354682lLxYIz .Laissez les Bon Temps Roulez ....

We left St. Paul, MN on Sunday, May 8th. We're now in Healdsburg, California, north of San Fran. Spending a few days here visiting wife's cousin. Then we're going to be following the Tour of California bike race. www.amgentourofcalifornia.com . That ends near L.A. on Sunday, May 22nd. Then we're going to take almost a week to get back to MN. We spotted a purple Freightliner pulling a big 5ver and flat towing a Jeep CJ behind that, in CA, near Tahoe I think, on I80. He was going east and we were going west. Couldn't tell for sure what size FL. Could have been a M2 or FL60/70 tho. Looked good in the mountains. If anybody is going to any of the bike race stages look for us.

'03 United Specialties truck conversion, Freightliner FL112, Cat C12, 10 sp Autoshift, 295" w/b, 26' living quarters.

St. Paul, MN

www.bobwinsor.com

Alana and Rick are now in Camp Verde, AZ just south of Sedon, Az- will be here til May 24th then on east towards Kansas City- Distant Drums Campground

Rick and Alana

Fulltimers

2018 Newmar Ventana 4037

2020 Jeep Gladiator 

1997 Jeep TJ

2009 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3

formerly owned 2000 Volvo 770, 600 Cummins ISX,18 speed autoshift, 14 foot "garage"

ET,Jackalopee,MaxBrake,Pressure Pro pro

www.rickandalanasgreatadventures.blogspot.com

Heading out of New Orleans Monday. But first going out tonight for some FRESH So. LA Seafood.

Sunday will be going to our family's Crawfish Boil.

hope to be in Myrtle Beach, SC on Wednesday for a week, any suggested sight ideas welcome, then on to Williamsburg, VA.

GREAT COOKIN'

Margie, The Chef & Calvin (Dalmatian)

you eat to live, WE LIVE TO EAT

2000 Volvo 770 "NO FireDog"

2006 Hitchiker Champagne 38 LK

2003 Heritage Softail Classic "Brutus"

2007 Yahama 400cc "Hi-Ho"

SKP#97959

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/23543...033436899TkRHUX

On the way to Yellowstone ...stopped by Woodland Park to see Jack ..was great to see friendly faces...it snowed on us last night ...low thirties ..32* now...supposed to warm up in the sixties today ...and be sunny ...keeping our fingers crossed for that ..Jack and Danielle are great host and got us parked in a snap we went to diner at the Ute Cafe ..Jack recommended it ..and was very good...came back and crashed ..was really tired ....Tomorrow we'll leave and continue on to Yellowstone......Jim

Edited by Hogrydr

Jim, Hazel and Trash are sitting up the hill in the snow.....I doubt it will warm up today, but tomorrow shoudl be a great day for driving......Pikes Peak is beautiful this morning......when you can see it.

www.jackdanmayer.com

Yes were leaving Woodland Park tomorrow >>> and really hope the weather is better 2174653490078354682S425x425Q85.jpgThan this

....Jim B) We had a good time ...thanks for the hospitality !!!!!

Edited by Hogrydr

Tomorrow we leave IN headed home to CO for a couple of days, then it's off to Lake Powell (Utah/AZ) for some serious fishing. Anyone here been to Powell? Curious as to the best place for us biggies would be - though I would guess pretty much anywhere since there's not much out there. I know Page, AZ would have more "conveniences" (restaurants, fuel stops, grocery, etc), but Bullfrog marina, UT is pretty much wide open. Guess I need to hit the fishing forums again to see what's the best spot for the fishing, THEN figure out where to sleep! Will we be seeing any of you on the road along the way?

Richard & Sharon

For Sale - 2005 Freightliner Century RV Hauler

Truck-for-sale-smaller.jpg

Yeah, read that the water is up, but it doesn't seem to be making the fishing crappy - crappie would be best of course :P Going walleye and crappie hunting. Too bad we just don't have more freezer space for all the fish... :(But we did get one of those tiny stand alone freezers to put in the basement - that will simply "have to do" for now...

Richard & Sharon

For Sale - 2005 Freightliner Century RV Hauler

Truck-for-sale-smaller.jpg

www.wayneswords.com will give some fishing info. It also has other misc info for Lake Powell. Sometimes it seems the fishing reports are a little more rosy than we find but we usually catch fish. We were there a couple of weeks ago but didn't get to fish. If this snow melt gets rolling the lake could raise 18" a day. That's a lot of water!

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

:) We are in Yellowstone and spent the whole day in the park ...."Kodak" the DW's nick name ....took pics of deer,elk,buffalo,mountain goats,and sheep ..one with a full curl !!! A lot of snow ...on the east entrance they induced a availanche and it dumped thirty feet of snow on the road ...they got that cleaned up..and down near the lake and the paint pots a sink hole opened up in the road and the Park closed the east entrance road ...I think they are going to open it tomorrow ...We are going to leave early explore the park and spend the night in Red Lodge,Mt.....that means a trip through Beartooth Pass !!!!!! :huh:

:) We are in Yellowstone and spent the whole day in the park ...."Kodak" the DW's nick name ....took pics of deer,elk,buffalo,mountain goats,and sheep ..one with a full curl !!! A lot of snow ...on the east entrance they induced a availanche and it dumped thirty feet of snow on the road ...they got that cleaned up..and down near the lake and the paint pots a sink hole opened up in the road and the Park closed the east entrance road ...I think they are going to open it tomorrow ...We are going to leave early explore the park and spend the night in Red Lodge,Mt.....that means a trip through Beartooth Pass !!!!!! :huh:

Is Beartooth open already ? Seems awful early, that is one of my favorite rides in either direction. This is a great motorcycle ride, but not at this time of year. Have a safe trip.

Edited by Bob Speckman

Bob

Country Coach Intrigue Motorhome
Harley Heritage Softail
Jeep TJ
Travel Supreme 34FKTSO 5th Wheel

I agree with as much snow as they have I would be surprised if Bear tooth is open. It it is it will be more amazing the usual.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

Is Beartooth open already ? Seems awful early, that is one of my favorite rides in either direction. This is a great motorcycle ride, but not at this time of year. Have a safe trip.

Bob ..You're right Beartooth is not open yet ...We had to go out the northeast entrance and Chief Joseph Hwy back to the RV west of Cody ....matter of fact the center road in the park is still closed .....still lots to see and do ...Saw a hugh Grizzly yesterday diging up ground squirels for his diner !!!! Was about 80 yds off the road .....The park has almost no traffic ...we maybe see 10-15 cars all day ....had a great time ....Jim