HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

We left Bushnell Fl. on april 27th. Stoped at Gulf Shores Al, New Braunfels Tx, Santa Fe NM, Vernal Ut, and Ennis Mt. We are now at our summer spot in Kalispell Montana. We stay at Rocky Mountain [HI] campground on lot 51, two miles north of the square in Kalispell.

If anyone is in the area stop by or call[ comerial menber # 469] if you are in the area.

I work from Polson north into Glacier national park doing Rv repair. Last year I did see several HDT'rs and stoped to talk to them. There was some that we seen on the road but had no idea who they were.

Safe Travels for the summer, Vern

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We left Yellowstone Sunday and made it back to Retama ...not many here now ...If anyone needs anything done in Retama in the next couple days just call or PM me .....Jim

Jim&Hazel,03 Volvo 610,425hp,10sp Autoshift,Eaton 3:90 rear,24.5Alum,184"wb,ET jr/air hitch,SafVis Cams4,XM,Press/Pro,Garmin2720,CB,Rally Sport/TS,Bigfoot Levelers,03Roadking,02Dyna Lowrider,Golden Ret in spirit,Choc Lab(Trash)..Herrin Hauler Bed..Toyota FJ ...SKP# 95463 http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2901871210078354682lLxYIz .Laissez les Bon Temps Roulez ....

Back in Kansas City- working on estate sale and then should be back on the road again

Rick and Alana

Fulltimers

2018 Newmar Ventana 4037

2020 Jeep Gladiator 

1997 Jeep TJ

2009 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3

formerly owned 2000 Volvo 770, 600 Cummins ISX,18 speed autoshift, 14 foot "garage"

ET,Jackalopee,MaxBrake,Pressure Pro pro

www.rickandalanasgreatadventures.blogspot.com

Headed North out of Fl. To Iowa

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Setting back at Rutlader Outpost RV Park, about 25 minutes south of Overland Park, Kansas. Only here for a couple of days and then off to other lands.

Get to lay eyes on my truck's twin tomorrow, and J.W.'s latest creation - Trey and Susan's truck and new bed! :):lol::):lol:

Edited by HERO Maker

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

Finally made it to Fremont, Iowa and headed to Amana, Iowa on Saturday for a 3 month stay. Will post photos of the park soon.

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2007 Honda GL 1800

• 2 weeks later...

In Lincoln Nebraska until the middle of July. Then off to find cooler temperatures.

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

We left home June 11, west to Alburqurque, northwest to Monument Valley Utah, west to Elko, NV where we spent a couple of days getting our windshield worked on to try to keep it from falling out! From there to Winnemucca, up through Oregon to Portland and on up through Washington to Grand Coulee Dam. Left there and got a big 118 miles to Couer d' Alene , ID today. Will spend a couple of days here at the Blackwell lake RV park then over to Kalispel for a few days before heading to the Dakotas and south back toward home. Over 3 weeks and 4800 miles but lots to see and do. SO MUCH TO SEE............SO LITTLE TIME.

2013 Entegra

45 ft. Anthem DLQ

2012 Ford F150 Lariat SuperCrew 4X4 EconoBoost

http://community.web...om/user/gben101

http://bensoneducation.com

Gene,

I know how you like food....go to the East side of the lake to Wolf Lodge Inn. One of the top steak houses in the country.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Gene,

I know how you like food....go to the East side of the lake to Wolf Lodge Inn. One of the top steak houses in the country.

Thanks Jack, hope you guys are doing well and having a good summer in the Rockies. We will definitely check out the steaks and see if they live up to their reputation! We love it here, planned to spend two days, have already stretched that to 4 and may not leave then. May spend a week or so and catch Kalispel on the next trip.

PS---Jack, GREAT IDEA, GREAT STEAK, ATE THE WHOLE THING, miserable now but sure was worth it THANKS AGAIN for the tip, absoulutely one of the great steak houses in the country, you are absolutely right! Ann enjoyed it as much as I did, but had to bring half her staeak home with us, guess I will have to suffer another serving tomorrow!1 Gene

Edited by Ann N Gene

2013 Entegra

45 ft. Anthem DLQ

Setting out several storms while we are at Saylorville Lake, north of Des Moines, Iowa. Had the front axle on the trailer replaced and headed here to see a friend and get some work done on the computer. I hope stormy weather is good for writing!

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
HERO Makers Ministry

Setting out several storms while we are at Saylorville Lake, north of Des Moines, Iowa. Had the front axle on the trailer replaced and headed here to see a friend and get some work done on the computer. I hope stormy weather is good for writing!

Rocky: What Campground are you staying at on Saylorville Lake? one one of the COE campgrounds?

Maynard

Rocky I'm told there is a nice campground in Altoona name Griffs RV- and again was told they would be able to handle HDT's. I may try and get in there next week so we will see.

Rick and Alana

Fulltimers

2018 Newmar Ventana 4037

2020 Jeep Gladiator 

1997 Jeep TJ

formerly owned 2000 Volvo 770, 600 Cummins ISX,18 speed autoshift, 14 foot "garage"

Rick, I may drive over there tomorrow or the next day to have a look. They are real close and the website looks like a great place to stay,. I really like their "wheel style" campsites for RVs. I wish more parks would take a hint from them for backing up the rigs. Also nice pull thru's.

Thanks for the info. I may want to stay there in about a month as I come back thru.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
HERO Makers Ministry

If you go let me know what you think

Rick, I may drive over there tomorrow or the next day to have a look. They are real close and the website looks like a great place to stay,. I really like their "wheel style" campsites for RVs. I wish more parks would take a hint from them for backing up the rigs. Also nice pull thru's.

Thanks for the info. I may want to stay there in about a month as I come back thru.

Rick and Alana

Fulltimers

2018 Newmar Ventana 4037

2020 Jeep Gladiator 

1997 Jeep TJ

We are at Camp Horizons (big surprise), getting some work done. It's almost done, hope to exit before the holiday!

PLAN is to head east after visiting friends in Salina to shake down the latest repairs. Will stop at Amana (if only for a brief purchase, tho there's a nice PA park there). We wanna revisit the COE park just off the I-80 near Iowa City -- stopped there overnight on our way to KS, will spend a couple nights so we can explore the area more,,, then onward to Elgin (nice county park) to get schooled on a handy water softener system for RV's (the camp host has it, want to finish a conversation we started last time thru there). Then, hope to rendezvous with baby sis & husband down by Cumberland Falls (Levi Jackson state park, KY),,, if all goes well! Ultimately, back to OH (for Mom) and on to NY & NH for "you know what" with Mark(?) & Henry.

-Don

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

2007 New Horizons F35RLSSS-C (Mor/Ryde-IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 17.5 H tires),

2005 smart fortwo passion

We are at Camp Horizons (big surprise), getting some work done. It's almost done, hope to exit before the holiday!

PLAN is to head east after visiting friends in Salina to shake down the latest repairs. Will stop at Amana (if only for a brief purchase, tho there's a nice PA park there). We wanna revisit the COE park just off the I-80 near Iowa City -- stopped there overnight on our way to KS, will spend a couple nights so we can explore the area more,,, then onward to Elgin (nice county park) to get schooled on a handy water softener system for RV's (the camp host has it, want to finish a conversation we started last time thru there). Then, hope to rendezvous with baby sis & husband down by Cumberland Falls (Levi Jackson state park, KY),,, if all goes well! Ultimately, back to OH (for Mom) and on to NY & NH for "you know what" with Mark(?) & Henry.

-Don

The park in Amana has plenty of room now. Good Sam had a Rally last week and didn't quite fill it but there were quite a few hardy souls here. It was a rainy cool and maybe a bit stormy weekend for them. I spend my weekends in a Sticks and bricks and wonder what I will find when I return on Monday morning sometimes. So far all is well. Heading out this morning for a little exploring of Amana's finally. Getting into the 5 day work week finally. Not used to having to be somewhere 5 times a week. At least there is no call and I am off every weekend.

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

• 2 weeks later...

Met Larry and Billy on Sunday about 10 miles west of Salina on the Interstate, westbound. We were coming home (east bound toward Salina) at the time with our new Entegra motorhome. Larry, stayed in Oakley on Saturday night and called to leave you a note, figured you were traveling somewhere. Sorry we missed you, will try again the next time we are in the area. Had a great supper at the cafe next to the campbround. Lady at the registration desk said she knows you and would say hello for us. Gene and Ann

2013 Entegra

45 ft. Anthem DLQ

Gene, you got an Entegra? Very nice. Where are the pictures. Did you get a Cornerstone? What is NEXT, a custom Marathon? :)

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

WOW!!! Looks mighty nice Gene. Congratulations!!! I also recognize where it is parked, I have been in that Park!! I bet you are both enjoying it...

Mike

2423394160066826133KPTivB_th.jpg

Here you go Jack, have a few pics on webshots, you can get there by clicking on the one.

Gene

Mike & Pat McFall SKP # 40224

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift

2005 Teton 45' Grand Reliance

PressurePro Tire Monitor Dealer

PressurePro System

Mike and Pat's Travels

Tripod Website

• 4 weeks later...

Well I'm back in Pahrump Nv. from Yankton SD. going to help the grandson get ready for his first year in school. The Volvo is running great over a million miles and still has a strong heart.:D

No PM e-mail me

Rich Mader #97675 Lifetime Member

2002 Americana Cardinal 38 ft. 5th wheel 17000 lb

1995 Volvo Detroit series 60 super 10 speed Chevy Cobalt toad 78 ft long

rich@rmader.com