National HDT Rally 2024

Steve voracek

So I have the National HDT Rally scheduled for check ins on Sat October 5th that way on Sunday we will have a Church Service with none other than Rev Rickey Parker, if you have never been to a Ricky Service I have to say it is a very Fullfilling Experience. That coming from a lifelong Catholic.  Then, we will do the "service" seminars to give those folks a chance to get started on the things they do. Camping Prices will stay the same @ $ 24 a night and will be $168 for the week. I'll see if we can do a 6 or 7 night option on the website. I can again maintain the $135 PP as it has been in the past also with an early Discount. Registration will open again on April 1st 2024. Hope to see you all there. Steve Voracek 

Thanks for the info. 

My plan is to be there. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

• Phil D pinned this topic

Thank you Steve. We are going to try to get back to the rally again next year.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

11 hours ago, SKepford said:

Hi Steve! I completely forgot about this forum besides FB!

Some of us don't do FB and only hang out here. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2007 Honda GL 1800

• 1 month later...

Greetings All,

We have so many questions...

This is going to be in Kansas, correct?  When? Where?  For truly newbies like us, which days would be best for a couple is wanting to LEARN about FULL TIME RV'ing with an HDT?   We do not HAVE a coach or HDT yet, nor are we likely to have them by October of '24.  However, we do want to talk to experienced people: Get the tips, tricks, what to look for, what to watch our for, PROS/CONS, etc.

We are 90% sure that the HDT/5th wheel combination is the way we want to retire...

Thank you for your responses,

Tina-Jim

Hello, as the event organizer, registration will open April 1st. The rally is a all week event. It takes place at the Kansas state fairgrounds starting October 5th 12th.  Even if you don't have a rig there are options, AirBB, hotels/motels, and a newer option is the RV rental option on outdoorsey or whatever its called. Feel free to reach out to me on messenger @ Steve Voracek, FaceBook on the National HDT Rally page, or the Website Nationalhdtrally.org. or You can do the old fashioned way Call me at 618-779-9361. Hope to see you there! Steve

What Steve said and you can ask a lot of questions here before you go to save having to remember everything at the Rally. 

There are usually options to tour new homes on Thursday I believe, but that may change depending. If you can attend for the entire week you won't miss much. 

There is a Ladies only meeting and usually an option to drive or at least ride in a Semi Tractor. Haven't seen anyone hook up a trailer for a test drive, but maybe no one has asked. 

Welcome to the group. 

2007 Honda GL 1800

In addition to what Steve and Rod have mentioned, go to the HDT Resource Guide and meander about, looking at requirements for your state, or domicile, projects, etc.  It's a bit dated, and to me, was a little difficult to navigate until you get a feel for it, but there's a world of valuable info there.  Thanks to Mark Bruss for compiling it.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

good one Rick  and sometimes you get lucky with the search feature. 

2007 Honda GL 1800

• 1 month later...

Greetings Guys,

Thank you for the informative responses.   We will watch the link "Nationalhdtrally.org", especially after April 1st. 

Momma and I really want to attend and learn.   Our daughter is a "Deputy County Treasurer" here in Iowa.  I have tasked her with digging into registration and licensing of an HDT as an RV.  (inverter/Shore Power, etc.)   Good Lord willing, by the time the Rally is going, we will be arriving with our HDT.

My plan currently is to find and acquire a Volvo, then over the next year or so, convert it to an RV hauler.   Attending the Rally will help us learn what modifications we HAVE TO MAKE and what modifications we SHOULD make.  So that by the time we actually get the coach, the HDT will be ready, and I will have had all of the service/maint and mods completed...

Well, that's the plan...

Be safe out there,

Tina & Jim

Edited by Tina-Jim

10 hours ago, Tina-Jim said:

My plan currently is to find and acquire a Volvo, then over the next year or so, convert it to an RV hauler.   Attending the Rally will help us learn what modifications we HAVE TO MAKE and what modifications we SHOULD make

That's a good plan, but don't be stuck on a Volvo just because others say it's the best.  There a lot of others here who have other brands, and they all have their strong, and weak points.  Having owned a Volvo and now a Kenworth, I can say that I can appreciate both.

You may be surprised at how few you NEED v want.

Good luck, and post pics as you go along.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is the rally website open yet? I licked on the button and was taken somewhere that wanted to teach me to improve my blackjack skills. I don't do Facebook.

Brad and Jacolyn
2009 Smart "Joy"

Guess I should have proof read that before I sent it to you sick buggers.

Brad and Jacolyn
2009 Smart "Joy"

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2024 at 10:02 AM, Brad & Jacolyn said:

Is the rally website open yet? I licked on the button and was taken somewhere that wanted to teach me to improve my blackjack skills. I don't do Facebook.

Open now

Marcel

https://nationalhdtrally.org/registration/

I hope this is the link to registration to the 2024 Rally. If it is and someone can pin it to the top I think that would be good. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

Registered, but it's not all that easy. 

2007 Honda GL 1800

On 4/16/2024 at 6:44 PM, lappir said:

https://nationalhdtrally.org/registration/

I hope this is the link to registration to the 2024 Rally. If it is and someone can pin it to the top I think that would be good. 

Rod

Topics can be pinned on the main page, but posts within topics, unfortunately, cannot be pinned.  It would be best if someone would re-post that URL occasionally.

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

On 4/16/2024 at 5:54 PM, lappir said:

Registered, but it's not all that easy. 

I agree more difficult this year, maybe a Mac issue.  Could not add in my wife’s contact details.

• Volvo 670 / 2006
  • 10-Speed 
  • ATV's & Sleds
  • 2017 Host Mammoth Slide-In Camper on Deck
  • Jackalopee
  • Build article published here