HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

Beginning the trek south this year tomorrow from the summer in UP of Michigan, west to the twin cities then south keeping close to the I-35 corridor to TX. Traveling south at a slow rate (just 29 days to make it) so if I see ya on the road give a flash of the lights. Happy trails.

Bruce & Sharon

Boogie & Jack (The campin' critters)

Full-Time since 2006

2005 Freightliner Century ST II with Detroit diesel 60 series 14 Liter 455 hp 3:73 gears, ultra-shift 10 spd, 2L smart car hauler bed and matching paint by 2L Custom Trucks (Gentle Giant)

2010 44.5 ft Spacecraft with bar (Animal House)

2010 Smart For 2 (Urkel)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beginning the trek south this year tomorrow from the summer in UP of Michigan, west to the twin cities then south keeping close to the I-35 corridor to TX. Traveling south at a slow rate (just 29 days to make it) so if I see ya on the road give a flash of the lights. Happy trails.

Why not travel slower and go to the HDT Rally.....

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Why not travel slower and go to the HDT Rally.....

I would love to Jack, but it has to do with the 4 letter word... W-O-R-K. Traveling back to work on 29 Sep so no can do this year.

Bruce & Sharon

Full-Time since 2006

2005 Freightliner Century ST II with Detroit diesel 60 series 14 Liter 455 hp 3:73 gears, ultra-shift 10 spd, 2L smart car hauler bed and matching paint by 2L Custom Trucks (Gentle Giant)

2010 Smart For 2 (Urkel)

Bruce and Sharon, you should call me when you're coming through the St. Paul/Mpls. area. If you're going to park somewhere around here I'd love to come by and visit. I live right in the heart of St. Paul so the only place I have to offer is parking on the street in front of my house but you're welcome to do that if you want. It's legal for 48 hours. We're only about 10 minutes from the Mall of America in case you were thinking about stopping there. They have a huge lot with tons of room for rv's there too.

Mike, that goes for you too. I don't know if you plan to drive through the cities from Walker to Gordon.

'03 United Specialties truck conversion, Freightliner FL112, Cat C12, 10 sp Autoshift, 295" w/b, 26' living quarters.

St. Paul, MN

www.bobwinsor.com

Oh no, I just googled it and it looks like you'll go across to Duluth and then over into WI. If you come through St. Paul afterwards give me a call. I'll pm you and Bruce my number.

'03 United Specialties truck conversion, Freightliner FL112, Cat C12, 10 sp Autoshift, 295" w/b, 26' living quarters.

St. Paul, MN

www.bobwinsor.com

Oh no, I just googled it and it looks like you'll go across to Duluth and then over into WI. If you come through St. Paul afterwards give me a call. I'll pm you and Bruce my number.

Actually we came across US 8 and did the river crossing at St Croix. Came through ST Paul this morning, I tend to never stop in cities being raised in a rural environment. Sorry did not get in touch, having a nice afternoon in Clear Lake Iowa today and on to northern Missouri tomorrow morning. Trying to get down to a known area before all the yahoos clog the roads and hoop it up for the end of their season on the holiday weekend.

Bruce & Sharon

Full-Time since 2006

2010 Smart For 2 (Urkel)

Hey Emery, CONGRATULATIONS!! Good to see you hit the road for a while and enjoy DaKOtR as it was truly meant to be. Saw Hi to your beautiful DW and enjoy Florida. Ann says Hi also.

Edited by Ann N Gene

2013 Entegra

45 ft. Anthem DLQ

2012 Ford F150 Lariat SuperCrew 4X4 EconoBoost

http://community.web...om/user/gben101

http://bensoneducation.com

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Oklahoma will be our home until November, wife has some family issues to take care of which will take time. Saw a HDT (maybe FL or Intl) parked at a home with a Carriage here in Bartlesville today on Nowata Road, member? If so we are down the hill at Riverside CG one site over from the FL at 3rd entrance from Adams.

Bruce & Sharon

Full-Time since 2006

2010 Smart For 2 (Urkel)

• 2 weeks later...

In Vernal, Utah today working our way slowly to the HDT Rally in Hutch.

J&V with Edina (RIP), the wonder dobie and
Net Proceeds our 2005 Volvo VNL630 256" WB. Focus SVT on the back, in the garage. ET Hitch controlling the articulation. Jackalopee controlling the 'juice'. 2002 Teton 39' Grand Sundance
All still a work in progress.
Photos and comments at http://gallery.ournetproceeds.com

Just moved from The Tetons to Yellowstone (North Gate in Gardiner, MT.) will be here for the next 5 nights. Then headed home for a few days then off to the ralley.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

Finishing up a week at Pondarosa (sp!) RV Park in Swift Current, heading for Anacortes tomorrow morning over US2 to catch the ferry onto Vancouver Island on Friday.

Geo

George,
Suzuki Celerio 998cc

Yamaha NMAX scooter

Work ride is Western Star N2 Tri-Tri tanker at 56,500kg loaded

D.R. Would you please post cost etc. on you ferry crossing?

Thanks , Ed

Ferry crossing with a 63' long combo is roughly $214 for vehicles, driver plus one passenger one-way. Would be slightly cheaper of the passengers were seniors. This is by far the cheapest way we've found to get onto the Island if you have a big rig. BC Ferries was almost double the price...

Geo

George,
Suzuki Celerio 998cc

Yamaha NMAX scooter

In the Lions Rest Area in Chester, MT this morning.

Right on US2, lots of room if you get there early, hanging the slides over the grass. Sharing with a couple of pickup/5ers and several semis. Semis are idling so no worries running the gennie this morning. Clean washrooms, donations welcome. Heading for Bonners Ferry, Idaho today.

Geo

George,
Suzuki Celerio 998cc

Yamaha NMAX scooter

Ferry crossing with a 63' long combo is roughly $214 for vehicles, driver plus one passenger one-way. Would be slightly cheaper of the passengers were seniors. This is by far the cheapest way we've found to get onto the Island if you have a big rig. BC Ferries was almost double the price...

Geo

Thanks for the Ferry crossing reply,

Safe travels, Ed

At Oceanside RV Resort in Sidney BC. Nice place, no problem with up to about 70' rigs, fast free WiFi.

http://www.oceansideresortrv.com/index.html

The ferry crossing from Anacortes to Sidney was great, the customs experience at the dock in Sidney was fast and friendly.

Geo

George,
Suzuki Celerio 998cc

Yamaha NMAX scooter

Just saw Red Rover in the park. Wish I wasn't working 7 a to 7 p for the next three days and then gone again for the weekend. I'm off next Tuesday and will be staying at home. Might try to visit if they are still here.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

......Hutch....... :)

J&V with Edina (RIP), the wonder dobie and
Net Proceeds our 2005 Volvo VNL630 256" WB. Focus SVT on the back, in the garage. ET Hitch controlling the articulation. Jackalopee controlling the 'juice'. 2002 Teton 39' Grand Sundance
All still a work in progress.
Photos and comments at http://gallery.ournetproceeds.com

We are in Oakely, KS. Left Woodland Park, CO this morning. Drove through HIGH winds all afternoon. In fact they closed west-bound I70 in two places. Weather is saying it is a steady 40mph with gusts to 60mph. All crosswinds. I'd say that it is steady 50mph. Cause at 40 mph I usually do not really "feel" it. But I did today. We will leave early tomorrow to make Junction City before the wind kicks in. Sure is HOT down here.....I'm used to 8500' temps......

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

:huh: It was 97 here in Retama today.. I think I heard right ..the radio said it was a record for this date !!...got here Thursday night ...because of the drought everything was covered in dust ...Got the RV and Volvo cleaned up checked the truck and found the batteries at 3 volts ...I knew after 5 and a half years I was going to need to replace them ...the trip this past spring to Yellowstone they started out weak but made the trip OK ....so this morning I replaced the batteries ...during the rain .. :rolleyes: and got the RV ready and then helped LSU beat Florida ....!!!! :D:lol: Hazel will be here Wednesday and if all goes well we will be in Hutch Friday or Saturday.....Jim

Jim&Hazel,03 Volvo 610,425hp,10sp Autoshift,Eaton 3:90 rear,24.5Alum,184"wb,ET jr/air hitch,SafVis Cams4,XM,Press/Pro,Garmin2720,CB,Rally Sport/TS,Bigfoot Levelers,03Roadking,02Dyna Lowrider,Golden Ret in spirit,Choc Lab(Trash)..Herrin Hauler Bed..Toyota FJ ...SKP# 95463 http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2901871210078354682lLxYIz .Laissez les Bon Temps Roulez ....

In Oakley, KS on our way to Hutchinson. Finished our work in Denver and left today, we'll probably get to the Fairgrounds Thursday.

Got some tailwinds today unlike last week when we were traveling across Nebraska to Denver.

A beautiful day for a drive!

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |