2021 West Coast Rally

Chad Heiser

20 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

Dave,

I got a registration card, but no sticker.  Did the sticker come separately for you?

Howdy Chad,

Small sticker and card came in the same envelope, the card says it must be carried in the the vehicle so if you have the card I "assume" your good to go.

When I spoke to the Parks and Recreation person I told them that in my opinion I thought the sticker was not suited for the purpose, told them that all the other States I have gotten stickers from they are about 3 inches square and come with instruction on where they are to be mounted.  I think the sticker supplied was intended to be used as a tab on regular license plate not a stand alone ORV sticker.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are here. (Ambassador RV Resort, Caldwell, ID.) There are several people here for the rally. It is great to meet new people and see the ones that remember us. (I am terrible at remembering names) Helps to learn new names a few at a time. Looking forward to the rally.

event.png

Glyn (KL0PG) & Diane Carson
2002 I-H 4400 Papa's Dream (Mama's Nightmare)
2015 Space Craft V400
Furkid Max

email: dlcarsonak@hotmail.com

For the SxS registration I just opened the envelope mine came in.  

There is a tiny sticker that as stated looks like a sticker you would put on your license plate.  It was small and not attached to anything.  Just loose in the envelope and easy to overlook. 

My plan is to keep in the glovebox to prove I paid my money.  I have too many stickers now and will be removing those also once they expire.  

After 4500 miles in the last 18 months in 5 states I have yet to make any contact with a LEO of any kind.  

For the Rally, we are going to do some last minute things in the morning and hit the road.  We will RON near Pendleton at the Arrowhead Travel Plaza since they have the cheapest fuel along the route and I will need almost 200 gallons at that point.  Will also top of the propane and fuel tanks on the trailer. 

Plan to pull into the RV park between noon and 2 on Monday. 

Edited by Nwcid

2014 Volvo 630. 2016 Fuzion 325T, RZR 900 Trail 
675ah AGM, MSH 3012 inverter, 960w Solar.  (2016 Chevy 3500 DRW, backup)

Howdy All,

Doing the final loading of the trailer, tonight, just about finished.  Leaving Sunday morning and heading east, going to spend Sunday evening someplace along the way will arrive at the rally site before or around noon on Monday. 

I get a kick out of the Dogs, they know something is happening when they see extra food and their bunk being carried out to the trailer they get all wound up, tomorrow morning they will be RUNNING toward the truck.  Newt, doesn't like to share the "Wiener Window", but when he nods off Willy, works his way to it and watches the world slide by.

Dave, Donna, Newt and Willy

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

We are overnighting in Winnemucca and will hit the road around 10:00 am tomorrow.  We should arrive at Ambassador between 3:00 and 4:00 local time.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Have a great time. One day my work will bring me close enough to attend. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

On my way should be by on wed to look at the trucks..Rawlings wy tue am...be around last half....enjoy.....Texas dirt..

97 9200 cornbinder super 10 M11E cummins 1350 ftlbs
81 CJ7 jeep
2000 36ft nuwa king dome onan 6500LP gen/remote start
94 sport Nautique
2007 dyna wide glide 6 speed
N7UVW
2007 30ft work&play-LK-- toy hauler by forest river

2006 Alfa toyhouse 40 ft

2010 42kz Escalade toyhauler

We are missing the Rally due to a planned trip to Ireland.  Ten days in Ireland starting June 19th.  We never thought that Covid would lock down the world this long,  especially when we made our reservations in last winter.   When the tour group cancelled the trip and it was too late to get Rally reservations.   It looks like everyone is having a great time.   We will be there next year.     

Another great rally week is over and we had a really good time. Thanks to Chad and everyone that did seminars and thanks to everyone that helped get our slide pushed in so we could leave,great hdt community. Hopefully we can get it all fixed Tuesday morning and can join back up with them. 

It was sad to see the rally come to an end.  We had a great time and wish we had more time with everyone.  I need a bit of a vacation to “recuperate” from all the fun.  😇

2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)

event.png    

Great Rally. Chad worked hard to see all had a good time. Man, was it hot over 100 several days. Many fine looking rigs.

THANK YOU CHAD

event.png

Glyn (KL0PG) & Diane Carson
2002 I-H 4400 Papa's Dream (Mama's Nightmare)
2015 Space Craft V400
Furkid Max

email: dlcarsonak@hotmail.com

Yes...sooo. Much fun. And learning....met new friends...thanks to the Heiser family...Dirt

97 9200 cornbinder super 10 M11E cummins 1350 ftlbs
81 CJ7 jeep
2000 36ft nuwa king dome onan 6500LP gen/remote start
94 sport Nautique
2007 dyna wide glide 6 speed
N7UVW
2007 30ft work&play-LK-- toy hauler by forest river

2006 Alfa toyhouse 40 ft

2010 42kz Escalade toyhauler

We left Hemingway OHV today and are staying the night in Winnemucca.  We will be home tomorrow.  It was a great trip and we had a great time at the rally and our "after" rally at Hemingway.  There were as many rigs at Hemingway this year as there were at the very first WCR back in 2015.  😀

event.png    

Got home today exhausted but happy. We had a great time at the Ambassador Park and at Hemingway OHV park. Thanks to Chad for a wonderful event. Can’t wait for next year.

Thanks as well to all of the great new friends we met at the rally.

Tim & Cheryl
2015 Mobile Suites 39 TKSB3
2009 Volvo 670 D13 I-Shift  “Walter”

Happily Living Somewhere In Nevada

649EF470-4F2A-4D47-8AB9-AFD3462E24F4.jpeg

2 hours ago, Larry Burkett said:

Chad

Is anyone going to post pictures of the rally or possibly a link on the WCR site.

I just got home this evening after a great trip.  I will be updating th WCR website with pictures from the rally when I get some time in the next day or so.

event.png    

Glad everyone had a great time and we sure missed being there this year because of the border closure again! Some pictures would be great to see...but no hurry I know how hard Chad works to put on the WCR and probably needs a well deserved break. Thanks for all you hard work over the years Chad much appreciated.

Edited by RickS

6 hours ago, RickS said:

Glad everyone had a great time and we sure missed being there this year because of the border closure again! Some pictures would be great to see...but no hurry I know how hard Chad works to put on the WCR and probably needs a well deserved break. Thanks for all you hard work over the years Chad much appreciated.

Thanks Rick.  You guys were missed.  I have updated the website with the pictures I have received so far.  I know Suite Travels and JonesN2Travel will be coming out with videos on the rally.  Once they publish those videos, I will update those links.  Here is the page on the HDTWCR website for the 2021 Rally.

event.png    

This was supposed to be the year I made a down and back to the WCR but ...

Anyways - "next year" - and Chad I promise to book early and get a site far away from everyone so my rig doesn't lower the Averaged Fleet Unit Value .... 🤣

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

• Phil D unpinned this topic