2021 West Coast Rally

Chad Heiser

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leaving eastern Nebraska on June 10th. Meeting up with 2 other trucks in Sidney Nebraska on Friday the 11th.

Edited by jenandjon

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

11 hours ago, dlcarsonak said:

We will be leaving Paducah, Texas around the 7 of June and arriving at Ambassador on the 10 of June.

We will take US-83 to North Platte, NB. and I-80 to Little America, WY. US-30 to Pocatello, ID. then I-84 to Caldwell, ID.

We do not plan stops. We stop for the night when and where we are. There will be no campgrounds in route.

Glad to have any and all to caravan. I got a little truck and am slow.

This is the same route we are taking. There is a geyser in Soda Springs ID I want to see. Its probably nothing but whatever, I want to see it.

On 3/1/2021 at 5:38 PM, jenandjon said:

This is the same route we are taking. There is a geyser in Soda Springs ID I want to see. Its probably nothing but whatever, I want to see it.

You will enjoy the geyser in Soda bit is a cold water there is a little restaurant there as well worth a visit for lunch. 

We are leaving from the Spokane, WA area on Sunday the 13th.  Will likely stop somewhere around Pendleton, OR and boondock.  

2014 Volvo 630. 2016 Fuzion 325T, RZR 900 Trail 
675ah AGM, MSH 3012 inverter, 960w Solar.  (2016 Chevy 3500 DRW, backup)

I have updated the schedule on the rally home page. 

Larry Joiner, the owner of Cuddy Mountain Transport, is going to bring at least one example of a custom hauler bed he has built for an HDT to Ambassador RV for viewing by the Rally attendees.  Larry has been in the trucking industry for many years and his company / shop is local to the Caldwell area.  Larry is an owner of both commercial and recreational HDT's.  He is available to build hauler beds for HDT's and make other customizations/mechanical modifications as well.  See the rally schedule for more details.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Chad, That is awesome!  Looking fwd to seeing what he does and it will be nice for folks trying to get into an HDT hauler.  I'll be there with my homemade bed for anyone who is looking to do it inexpensively.

We'll be heading to the rally from Flaming Gorge (great trout fishing and BLM boondocking)!

2094790416_NewHorizonsmall.jpg.b597b886c0fa2457938fb2cfe3e6cd0b.jpg

2010 Freightliner, DD15 Eaton Ultrashift, 2015 New Horizons 5th Wheel.

Occupants - Dena/Brad/Hershey    BLOG LINK

500964784_statemapDec2020.jpg.66ea16945a2c1c745783b95e33e702c9.jpg

I'm looking forward to checking out his work and talking with him as well.  I have some ideas on how I want to improve my bed as a retirement gift to myself.

Additionally, I sent out emails to all the rally attendees about this, but thought I should probably mention it here as well.  I worked out a discount deal with a local company that washes RV's.  They are giving a rally discount to get your rig washed or waxed.  See my email for more details or let me know if you have any questions.

2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)

event.png    

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

BOTH BATTERIES HAVE BEEN SPOKEN FOR, thank you Jon.

Chad, if this is an inappropriate post, Please delete.

Howdy All,

I will be changing over to Lithium batteries whilst at the rally.

I have two 8D, AGM batteries that are five years old and should have at least 3-4 years of life left in them.  How about 100 dollars each, let me know if your interested they can be picked up at the rally.

Dave

Edited by mr. cob
new information, batteries have been spoken for.

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well unfortunately I had to cancel our reservation as the USA/Canada border is still closed so will miss seeing all our America friends again this summer. ☹️ Hope everyone has a great time at the rally we sure are bummed about not being able to attend.

I am slowly getting things ready to head to the rally.  I was out of town last week at a very relaxing family reunion.  Now it is back to the grind and rally prep until we hit the road at the end of next week.  

Rick, you and Carrie will be missed.  Hopefully you guys can make the fall trip 😉.

event.png    

Still prepping for the rally.  Have some install work this weekend and will hit the road next weekend.  Hopefully I can fit everything in our rig for the trip 😉.

event.png    

Howdy All,

Finally got the Can Am back together, hope you DON'T ever break a Ball Joint, long story best told around the camp fire.  Putting around getting things done will leave the morning of the 13th from home, spend that night camping at the Caldwell Walmart stocking up on supplies, arrive at the WCR on the 14th.

Here's wishing we could have visited with our Canadian friends again, someday maybe it'll sink in how crazy this madness is.  Safe travels to everyone, so looking forward to seeing our semi-mobile friends.

Dave, Donna, Newt and Willy

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

The rally is just over a week away.  It will be our biggest one yet.  We have 50 (possibly 51) registrations, with almost an even split of first timers and returning attendees.  The weather looks like it should be great for the week.  We are really looking forward to it.  I still have a lot to get packed and ready, but I can't wait.  😁

event.png    

There was a change in our plans. We will be running solo this trip.

Leaving northeastern Nebraska Thursday. Heading across I 80 to Little America WY. From there tanking Hy 30 to I 15 then to I 84 in ID. We are staying at various Harvest host along the way. Set to arrive at Caldwell Monday morning.

Checking on any new updates....38 special..Hastings nebr the still thinkin of burn in west...!!  Around the weekend..arrive tue...

97 9200 cornbinder super 10 M11E cummins 1350 ftlbs
81 CJ7 jeep
2000 36ft nuwa king dome onan 6500LP gen/remote start
94 sport Nautique
2007 dyna wide glide 6 speed
N7UVW
2007 30ft work&play-LK-- toy hauler by forest river

2006 Alfa toyhouse 40 ft

2010 42kz Escalade toyhauler

Howdy All,

This concerns those who will be attending our "After WCR Rally, SXS Rally"  I received from the Idaho department of parks and recreation, the sticker to be placed on my SxS, it came with NO instructions on how it was to be displayed on the rig.  After three phone calls and two emails I finally got the information needed, on a SxS, place the sticker on the RIGHT REAR FENDER.  This is a very small sticker, it looks more like a license plate tab then an Off Road sticker so when you install it make sure it's visible but protected from being scraped off.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

23 minutes ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy All,

This concerns those who will be attending our "After WCR Rally, SXS Rally"  I received from the Idaho department of parks and recreation, the sticker to be placed on my SxS, it came with NO instructions on how it was to be displayed on the rig.  After three phone calls and two emails I finally got the information needed, on a SxS, place the sticker on the RIGHT REAR FENDER.  This is a very small sticker, it looks more like a license plate tab then an Off Road sticker so when you install it make sure it's visible but protected from being scraped off.

Dave

Dave,

I got a registration card, but no sticker.  Did the sticker come separately for you?

event.png    

I got the sticker as well in the same envelope the registration came in. It is so small and not really a sticker. Mine had no backing and tore when I tried to separate the front from the back. I just taped it to the registration card. I will deal with the officer if questioned. My sticker will not stick to anything.

Tim & Cheryl
2015 Mobile Suites 39 TKSB3
2009 Volvo 670 D13 I-Shift  “Walter”

Happily Living Somewhere In Nevada

649EF470-4F2A-4D47-8AB9-AFD3462E24F4.jpeg