Covid Vaccine in Texas

JimmyD

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, JimmyD said:

If so how did it go? Orderly or no?

Mostly they are vaccinating health care workers and first responders here yet. There have been a few available doses for others but you have to call ahead and get a slot and so far there are far more calls that available vaccinations. It is still pretty early in the process so I plan to be a bit patient. First responders and medical people should come first, in my opinion. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Dallas County just started a web site where you can register to get on the list for COVID vaccination.  But it is limited to residents of Dallas County only.  My daughter lives in that county, I tried to register, but can’t because I am a Polk County resident.

2015 Entegra Aspire 44B diesel pusher with 2017 GMC Acadia Denali toad
Web site, albums, blog and more here

Kirk, yes I certainly agree that health care workers and first responders should be at the top of the list.

John, that is interesting. Do you know if that is true for other counties and that you can only get a vaccine from your county of residence?

I have a friend that is in Florida and she was able to get a vaccine with no questions asked, but i know that each state and perhaps each county varies.

Jim

In CO they are starting to vaccinate what they call 1B.  This group includes first responders, some others and seniors 70+.  The one county moving quickly (Summit) will only vaccinate full time residents.  This is a county with a lot of 2nd homes but they are not included.  Estimates are that more than 20,000 are excluded. 

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

2 hours ago, John Laninga said:

My daughter lives in that county, I tried to register, but can’t

I too live in Dallas Co. but had only heard of the new website on this evening's news and had not visited it, only read the county information site. I did just look and it does state "Currently, this DCHHS site will only sign up Dallas County residents" but I'd point out that it does say currently. Based on what they were saying earlier, I suspect that will change as they get past the initial rush to get vaccinated. Here is the channel 5 announcement of it. For additional information on Dallas Co. vaccinations, this is the official site. From what the county leadership has said previously , I suspect that they approach is county residents first, then others

Tarrant Co. doesn't clearly state residents only, but the sign-up form does ask for an address so I suspect that you do, at least for now. This is the site for Tarrant Co. covid vaccine.

Edited by Kirk W

Here in Arizona non-residents will get theirs based on the age grouping and they are advising all snowbirds to stay for the second vaccine.   Longer stay = more sales tax, etc. into local coffers.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

I am in Atlanta, Texas (close to Texarkana).   The Texas web site I am working with for tracking vaccine opportunity is:

Texas COVID-19 Vaccine Information

Note the link... https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=91ac7fb5e5fd47e7ada4acfe4a05920a

for locations and associated info.   Texas has priority Phase 1B as including ages 65 and up... I think only other state doing that is Florida.   I have yet to ascertain that Texas is treating out-of-state snowbirds... but in my questioning, no one at Walgreens, CVS, Collom & Carney Clinic, Christus St. Michaels.... has said 'no', either.

Edited by Jim & Alice

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

For Minnesota this is the latest information availalbe to the public:

"Phase 1a, which has started, includes people working in health care settings who are at the highest risk for COVID-19 exposure and residents of long-term care facilities who have suffered serious disease outcomes, including death. These groups do not have the option of remaining home and separating themselves from others. The rate of transmission and number of infected people is extremely high, this in turn, taxes our health care resources. 

People eligible for COVID-19 vaccine in phase 1a will be contacted by their employer or the facility where they live to let them know when vaccine is available to them. 

The groups that will come after these first groups are frontline essential workers and adults 75 years and older for phase 1b. For phase 1c, adults ages 65-74 years, people ages 16 to 64 years with high-risk medical conditions, and other essential workers will be able to get vaccinated. We do not yet know when people in phase 1b and 1c will be able to get the vaccine in Minnesota. This will depend on how much vaccine the manufacturers are able to make and send out, and how many people get vaccinated in the first priority groups. People do not need to get on a waiting list or make an appointment at this time. Updates will be provided when we are able to start vaccinating more people and we will provide more information at that time for how eligible people can get vaccinated."

That means Dave and I are part of Phase 1c. But, so many residents here qualify for Phase 1b they may deicde to do us all if they get enough vaccine allocated. As alway, it depends. :)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Florida is opening vaccine up today to any U.S. citizen 65 or older.  The Florida Department of Health issued a statement that since the vaccine is being provided by the federal government, any U.S. citizen can get the vaccine.  The appointment enrollment opens at 8:00 am today.  I will let you know how it goes.

Jinx and Wayne

2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

From a Illinois Dept of Public Health official, the state of Illinois in one of the leaders in the nation of getting the vaccine distributed and shots given. Last nights news backed that a little telling of CVS was giving the shots in a larger senior care and nursing home center. Beyond first responders, medical staff and senior centers I have no idea what the next level of vaccine may be, but in less than two weeks the second round of shots have to go out. I hope that can go smoothly.

One question I have. For a home bound people (with high risk) and low risk spouse who is the care taker, can they both receive the vaccine at the same time?

Clay wishing to be in Texas out of the ice and cold.

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

We have had a few friends here in north Texas get vaccinated.  One said their Dr called them and offered it to them.  He told another friend, and that person called their Dr who had them come in and get it.  There's a Texas website with a map showing where to get vaccinated.  We called one, but they didn't have any more at this time.  Called another and they offered to put us on their waiting list for sometime in the next couple of weeks.  

There was no mention of residents or not.

Here's a link to that map: https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html

Our "Here and There" Blog

2005 Safari Cheetah Motorhome

So in Dallas County TX only residents can get a vaccine shot which leaves all other non residents and snow birds subject to getting sick and spreading the virus to each other and crowding the local area hospitals and mortuary’s. Not a sound idea. This is a Federal program and every person should be allowed to get a shot, of course starting with first responders, hospital workers and the elderly. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

14 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

Here in Arizona non-residents will get theirs based on the age grouping and they are advising all snowbirds to stay for the second vaccine.   Longer stay = more sales tax, etc. into local coffers.

Barb, are you aware of any registry to sign up for when our turn comes (both DH and I are 75 and over)?

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

50 minutes ago, Twotoes said:

So in Dallas County TX only residents can get a vaccine shot which leaves all other non residents and snow birds subject to getting sick and spreading the virus to each other and crowding the local area hospitals and mortuary’s. Not a sound idea. This is a Federal program and every person should be allowed to get a shot, of course starting with first responders, hospital workers and the elderly. 

Each state/county is allotted an amount of doses of the vaccine depending on population.  They don't take into account visitors.  There just isn't an excess amount of vaccine available yet.  That may come mid-summer.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

27 minutes ago, LindaH said:

Barb, are you aware of any registry to sign up for when our turn comes (both DH and I are 75 and over)?

Which county are you in?  Pinal is already to do 75+ starting this week and have their website for reservations up.   Maricopa hasn’t opened the 1B registeration section yet.  Maricopa County Public Health is where to go for Maricopa County.  It is being handled through the county health departments. 

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

9 minutes ago, Barbaraok said:

Which county are you in?  

Yuma County

On edit:  I think I may have found it:  https://podvaccine.azdhs.gov/

You have to sign up and then you have to fill out a form for the vaccine.  I haven't completed it yet because I'm waiting for some info from my insurance company, so we'll see what happens.

Edited by LindaH

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul

18 minutes ago, LindaH said:

Yuma County

On edit:  I think I may have found it:  https://podvaccine.azdhs.gov/

You have to sign up and then you have to fill out a form for the vaccine.  I haven't completed it yet because I'm waiting for some info from my insurance company, so we'll see what happens.

I believe it's FREE.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

2 minutes ago, 2gypsies said:

I believe it's FREE.

Yes, it's my understanding that it is.  However, the form you have to fill out at the URL I gave, above, asks for insurance information and there's a piece that I'm not sure of.  Thus, I'm waiting for a call back from the insurance company.

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul

Well, no luck.  I went out as far as February 8 without any appointment slots showing up.  I don't want to go out much farther because we'll want to be leaving here sometime during the first half of March.  We may have to wait until we get back home to get the vaccine.

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul

3 hours ago, Twotoes said:

So in Dallas County TX only residents can get a vaccine shot which leaves all other non residents and snow birds subject to getting sick and spreading the virus to each other and crowding the local area hospitals and mortuary’s.

You should stop jumping to conclusions. The site states "at this time" and that is exactly what they mean, according to county officials at the news conference. With limited supplies, they have to order things in some way and at this time it is medical people, first responders, residents of extended care facilities and when extra is available to residents who sign up and leave a phone number and email so that they can be contacted as vaccine is available. The intent is to vaccinate everyone, but you can't simply ask 3 million people to go and stand in line until it is their turn. Spreading inaccurate information doesn't help anyone.