Covid Vaccine in Texas

JimmyD

5 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

I would assume that you can't sign up for an appointment until they're finished with the group before you and they know, more definitely, when they can begin your group.

I assumed that, too.  What I'm trying to find out is WHEN they're going to start the 1B group.  I haven't found any place where I can sign up for emails/alerts from Yuma County.  I'll keep looking, but they certainly don't make it easy to find (and Yuma County may not even be set up to do that since it's such a small county, unlike Maricopa County).

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/5/2021 at 8:19 PM, Jinx & Wayne said:

I had the first shot of the Moderna vaccine today in Florida. 

Both Pam & I received our first vaccination of the Moderna vaccine today, here in Dallas Co., TX. We are in group 1B under the TX priority plan. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

21 minutes ago, LindaH said:

I assumed that, too.  What I'm trying to find out is WHEN they're going to start the 1B group.  I haven't found any place where I can sign up for emails/alerts from Yuma County.  I'll keep looking, but they certainly don't make it easy to find (and Yuma County may not even be set up to do that since it's such a small county, unlike Maricopa County).

They can't tell you when they're going to start until they finish or just about finish with the previous group and they'll need to have more vaccines on hand.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

36 minutes ago, 2gypsies said:

They can't tell you when they're going to start until they finish or just about finish with the previous group and they'll need to have more vaccines on hand.

They can't tell you when they'll be able to start the next group because it depends on how many people decide to take advantage of being in the first group. There is simply no way to predict that.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

5 hours ago, sandsys said:

They can't tell you when they'll be able to start the next group because it depends on how many people decide to take advantage of being in the first group. There is simply no way to predict that.

Linda Sand

Isn't that what I said?  😁

Full-timed for 16 Years

22 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

I signed up for the Alerts from Maricopa Country Health Department - every day I get an email about where they are in the process.  Additionally, the governor tweeted out yesterday that Douglas County was starting the 1B vaccinations and followed that with a tweet that Maricopa County would begin next week.   In the email from Maricopa County last night they said that they would not open up registration/reservations until Monday as they are still tweaking the website to hopefully include more sites (ie, CVS, Walgreens) where you can be vaccinated.    If they kept just the three POS (Point of Service) that they have now, they would end up with Loop 202 and Highway 60 at a standstill with all the retirees heading into Phoenix to get their vaccinations. 😎

I looked on Pinal County’s website but didn’t see anything that mentioned about signing up for updates.  This morning they said they are booked with taking wait list requests for one of the sites (group 1a and 1B only).  I’m in 1c so don’t think I’ll be getting a vaccination anytime soon.

As a snowbirder, would anyone check to verify whether I’m actually staying in Pinal or Maricopa counties?  I’ve also been thinking about heading to Quartzsite in February for the rest of the winter.  I wonder if I’d have an issue coming back to this area for a couple of days when they start making appointments for group 1c.

16 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

No, but there should be some way of signing up for alerts to notify people when it's their turn.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

1 hour ago, LindaH said:

No, but there should be some way of signing up for alerts to notify people when it's their turn.

Here in NY you can sign up on a email/text message list that will announce when your group becomes available.  Our area just (January 4th) went to the second phase of 1A, but no news on my 1B group.

150150.jpg.30f49e1e712c4af11a1e8f523a24f5d1.jpg

Travel photos RV Blogs Journals & Travelogues at:
http://www.lakeshoreimages.com
My Travel Blog - Jon's Journeys

5 minutes ago, vermilye said:

Here in NY you can sign up on a email/text message list that will announce when your group becomes available.  Our area just (January 4th) went to the second phase of 1A, but no news on my 1B group.

One thing that we all need to keep in mind is that the people putting these programs together are just as new to this as we are. They are bound to have some bumps in the road and even a few mistakes that must be corrected. In reading the posts and the internet reports, it would seem that seem that many agencies with difficulties are adjusting to programs more like those of the areas with a better process. They are doing the best that they know how and I am confident that it will be better. 

Appears the new government now wishes to distribute all available doses of the vaccine instead of holding 50% in reserve for the second shot. Hope we don't run into a situation like what we had with PPE's where the PPE manufacturers started selling to the highest bidder and perhaps the second shot is not going to be available to those that got the first shot. Looks like the US gov. contract with Modera is for 200 million and with Phizer, 200 million single doses. But 50% protection from one shot is better than 0% with no shots. As far as I know, both shots have to come from the same manufacturer.

Foretravel 40ft tag 500hp Cummins ISM  1455 watts on the roof, 600 a/h's lithium in the basement.

Yes, shots need to be from the same manufacturer, but they initial amount from each was 100 million doses, and the second 100 million are NOW being manufactured.  So no reason to hold off vaccinated now.  They have already started the second round of vaccinations, so they can move ahead.  Plus, the other vaccines are in the pipeline.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

7 hours ago, LindaH said:

Might begin on Jan 11.

https://www.yumacountyaz.gov/Home/Components/News/News/4964/27?backlist=%2Fhome

Full-timed for 16 Years

We received notice today that our vaccines will be administered by Hennepin County here at our complex in Minnesota next Tuesday and Wednesday. With ~400 apartments it will take awhile to shoot us all. :) I'm hoping for an afternoon time slot since, as a night owl, I sleep until about noon most days. But this is one thing I will get up for in the middle of my night if that's what I need to do. Dave is so looking forward to being to socialize again in a couple of months even if he still needs to wear a mask when out and about. That would still feel like freedom!

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

On 1/6/2021 at 2:25 PM, spottrouble said:

I am currently in Northern Nevada, they are telling me that vaccinations are only available to county residents and you must have ID to show you are a resident. Does anyone know where/how those of us with itinerant lifestyles are supposed to be vaccinated? Currently the local DMV is closed due to rona, and this county only has 2 nurses working 3 days per week on vaccinations, at the current rate it will take 4 years to vaccinate everyone. Weighing my options, need suggestions.  Thank you.

Mohave county in AZ just south of there says ANYONE can be vaccinated if you are in the correct “group” and that if you are a snow bird or temporary resident, save your paperwork because the second dose needs to be from the same company as the first.

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

14 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

Plus, the other vaccines are in the pipeline.

I would think that your Dave would be in a very early group, with his health history? And you with him since you share living space?

2 hours ago, Kirk W said:

I would think that your Dave would be in a very early group, with his health history? And you with him since you share living space?

Yes, we are both over 75, so we are in the 1B group and can start registering at 6 am Monday morning in Maricopa County (Phoenix area).  Hopefully we can get appointments by the end of the week or the first of the following week.   And this will enable us to get our second shots before we leave the valley in April.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

38 minutes ago, LindaH said:

Thank you!  That's the website I've been using (they have a portal to make an appointment), but I hadn't seen that particular page.

Sounds like what they are doing in the Phoenix area, the pages are just now getting set up for the 1B group.   

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

3 hours ago, Kirk W said:

And you with him since you share living space?

At least in Florida this is not going to happen.  Jinx is under 65.  I am 70.  The fact that she lives with me does not make her eligible.

Wayne & Jinx
2017 F-350 diesel, dually
2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

Jinx and Wayne

7 minutes ago, Jinx & Wayne said:

At least in Florida this is not going to happen.  Jinx is under 65.  I am 70.  The fact that she lives with me does not make her eligible.

Wayne & Jinx

That may not necessarily be reality. We have family who took their mother in for the vaccination and was asked if she wanted it, too. She didn't decline.... Jay

BTW, we're in central FL.

48 minutes ago, Jinx & Wayne said:

Wayne & Jinx

Well it applies in our case because I'm 75 and he is 76.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834