East Coast Rally and Coronavirus

SuiteSuccess

I have been watching the data closely on the outbreak and felt necessary to discuss its impact on the upcoming ECR.  As a former medical professional, I deal in data not media suppositions.  At this time we are proceeding with plans for the rally to occur as scheduled.  The data supports individual risk as being low, but that may change.  However, I will understand any folks who have registered and wish to withdraw.  A refund will be issued if that is your choice by contacting me at ecrcarl at gmail dot com.  We are attempting to secure hand sanitizer to have available in bulk, however, as many know it is in short supply so I encourage everyone to bring their own.  If there were to be a rapid uptick in the spread or severity in the next few weeks a decision will be made at that time about possible cancellation.  I have been in touch with the t-shirt provider and that order will be delayed until the last possible moment to allow this to play out a bit.  Understand that the t-shirt order has to be pre-paid so I cannot refund those costs after ordered, only the registration fee.  I would make every attempt to get those to you by mail if possible.  Thanks to everyone for being understanding.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

6 minutes ago, jkoenig24 said:

Carl, did Deer Run suffer any damage from the recent tornado activity? Is that two lane access road still accessible?

No significant damage to my knowledge.  May be some phone issues though.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

41 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Well said Carl.  

See you next month.

Nigel

Hi Carl,

2X that Nigel said. I"ll support you what ever you decide to do. See you in April.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Hand sanitizer is gelled rubbing Alcohol.  You can put a spray pump in an off-the-shelf bottle and spray your hands as needed with the same results as the gelled stuff.  I personally like the wintergreen stuff.  Hydrogen Peroxide is yet another approach.  Keep on-hand for wiping down tables, chairs etc.  You may also obtain from Sams or Walmart packets of eyeglass cleaner that are nothing more than alcohol swaps - or get alcohol swabs from the drug store or a medical supply.  Same as used for disinfecting your arm or leg before getting a shot.  Also consider Lysol disinfectant wipes in the pop-out round containers on tables and near food.  Perhaps it would be wise to adopt a universal fist bump rather than a hand shake when contacting each other at the rally.  The "common" spoon, fork or thongs (corrected - TONGS!) used for serving from dishes at a pot luck is risky for transferring a virus.  Just having some plastic serving gloves available for one to slip on when picking up plates at the head of the food table is a sensible step.  Of course, a trash can at the end for disposal.  Tips come from another former health professional - Paramedic and teacher.

Edited by RandyA
stupid mistake

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

44 minutes ago, RandyA said:

Hand sanitizer is gelled rubbing Alcohol.  You can put a spray pump in an off-the-shelf bottle and spray your hands as needed with the same results as the gelled stuff.  I personally like the wintergreen stuff.  Hydrogen Peroxide is yet another approach.  Keep on-hand for wiping down tables, chairs etc.  You may also obtain from Sams or Walmart packets of eyeglass cleaner that are nothing more than alcohol swaps - or get alcohol swabs from the drug store or a medical supply.  Same as used for disinfecting your arm or leg before getting a shot.  Also consider Lysol disinfectant wipes in the pop-out round containers on tables and near food.  Perhaps it would be wise to adopt a universal fist bump rather than a hand shake when contacting each other at the rally.  The "common" spoon, fork or thongs used for serving from dishes at a pot luck is risky for transferring a virus.  Just having some plastic serving gloves available for one to slip on when picking up plates at the head of the food table is a sensible step.  Of course, a trash can at the end for disposal.  Tips come from another former health professional - Paramedic and teacher.

Randy,

You read my mind.  Have already been thinking about all those things.  Some of those things in short supply around here, so my suggestion to bring your own sanitizer to supplement what I can get. Also agree with the fist or elbow bumps.  Sad cause we have a bunch of huggers.  BTW Argo only a few folks wear thongs that we know of!! Mostly guys from Georgia and Alabama and then it’s camo😜.

Edited by SuiteSuccess

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Sorry, got to the discussion late.  So is this a Snap-on thong only thing, or are the peasants and swine invited as well??

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

Chee wizz....... come on guys I made a stupid spelling mistake (thongs rather than tongs).  I'm referring to those clam shell things that are used to pick up salad or whatever.  But, now, I have something to share....... we are in Florida - a short hop to the beach.  This past Sunday we were enjoying the sun and surf when this "woman" appeared wearing a true string bikini.  You know, full buttox hanging out and everything but the center of the breast fully exposed.  Only issue is she was not one of those hard body swimsuit models you see in Sports Illustrated.  Now, I am not one to criticize or judge a person's body, but this woman was well into her 50's and had considerably extra inches around her midriff.  OK - that is only part of it.  Her "companion" was a gentleman I would guess well into his sixties.  He was darkly tanned, moderately muscular for his age.  He was wearing a "Speedo" that possibly had a sock stuffed down in the front.  Nancy commented that she thought they were "body builders" as they did have some signs of muscle that I do not possess.  Anyway, it is not what I went to the beach to see - not that I expected to see anything - but, well.....you get the picture. 

Edited by RandyA

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

Randy that sounds just like the same folks that flock to the Jersey Shore in the summer time form a bit north of our borders, they are proud of their bodies no matter what shape they are in, personally the shape mine is there is not enough coverage available to hide it 😱

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

12 hours ago, RandyA said:

Chee wizz....... come on guys I made a stupid spelling mistake (thongs rather than tongs).  I'm referring to those clam shell things that are used to pick up salad or whatever.  But, now, I have something to share....... we are in Florida - a short hop to the beach.  This past Sunday we were enjoying the sun and surf when this "woman" appeared wearing a true string bikini.  You know, full buttox hanging out and everything but the center of the breast fully exposed.  Only issue is she was not one of those hard body swimsuit models you see in Sports Illustrated.  Now, I am not one to criticize or judge a person's body, but this woman was well into her 50's and had considerably extra inches around her midriff.  OK - that is only part of it.  Her "companion" was a gentleman I would guess well into his sixties.  He was darkly tanned, moderately muscular for his age.  He was wearing a "Speedo" that possibly had a sock stuffed down in the front.  Nancy commented that she thought they were "body builders" as they did have some signs of muscle that I do not possess.  Anyway, it is not what I went to the beach to see - not that I expected to see anything - but, well.....you get the picture. 

Hi Randy,

Your story made my day !  LOL.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

11 hours ago, ARGO said:

"Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clear to the bone....."

We used to go "skinny dip'n", now we go "chunky dunk'n".  But only after sundown.😮

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio@yahoo.com

I’m pretty sure campfire smoke and some tall tales with some consumable spirits should cure a lot of things.  Don’t know about Corona but if it does, we’ll write it up and send to the CDC. 

Edited by SuiteSuccess

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2 hours ago, SuiteSuccess said:

I’m pretty sure campfire smoke and some tall tales with some consumable spirits should cure a lot of things.  Don’t know about Corona but if it does, we’ll write it up and send to the CDC. 

Hmmm, so wouldn't Modelo be an anti-dote to Corona?  Make mine Negro.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio@yahoo.com

On 3/5/2020 at 5:45 PM, RandyA said:

Chee wizz....... 

Anyway, it is not what I went to the beach to see - not that I expected to see anything - but, well.....you get the picture. 

WHERE is the picture/s ??  You should have made their day - asked for a Sports Illustrated pose or three!

BTW - carry large zip-lock bag/s with your beach chairs for use as Barf Bags.

Reminded me........many years ago one of my pilot friends was trying to build his hours,  flying as 2nd Officer on a DC-3 shuffling  prospective customers from So. CA (Van Nuys Airport) to a Del Webb development in the desert.

The folks in charge "employed" a long-time retired stewardess (before "flight attendants") to ply the passengers with whatever food and libations.  Unfortunately, she was a genuine "ornery" PITA - not conductive to a pleasant flying "experience" for passengers -or- congeniality with the pilot & co-pilot. She also had failed the mandatory weigh-ins (of the era) for stews many years previously!

So, during the  flight......the Capt asked my friend to call her up to the cockpit - and bring a sick sack.  She supplied same, then went back to her other duties.  A few moments later, the Capt asked the co-pilot to ask her to come back to retrieve the bag - which now contained the contents of a can of beef stew the Capt had deposited in the bag in the interim.

After gingerly handing it to her....just as she turned around to leave - he called her back - and asked for the bag again.

When she handed it back, he opened it - carefully inspected the contents..... selected a nice chunk of meat which he popped into his mouth - then returned the bag.  Problem solved - she quit after that flight.

Maybe after the beach photos???

Edited by Pappy Yokum