Is This Weird?

aztex

rv111.jpg.9019e3e8892cfc5489f09662ec48f435.jpgrv2.jpg.1bedb38d62584758e53906c8260685ca.jpgHowdy!

NOT my rig! I noticed this in a parking lot.

I don't know how to set up a 5th wheel and maybe there's a way you level it when hitched that would do this but this still looks scary odd to me!

It was in a shopping center parking lot with no over night camping so to be on the road soon.

Just curious!

Thanks,

Az Tex

WOW!  Either he is seriously overweight, or has broken springs on rear axle.  Looks like an F350?  It should not squat that bad, that is very scary.  I would have my wife drop a dime on him to state patrol if I something like that was near us going down the road.  That is a prime example of *you can't fix stupid*!!  If he had to do some hard maneuvers on the road, no way that front is going to be able to do it, not much traction up there.

2022 Coachman Leprechaun, traveling around to dark sky areas and chasing the stars.

It's an F250 Super Duty.

I guess a perfectly set up rig should be level bow to stern; TV to trailer, so even IF this was set this way to level the trailer while parked  it would not balance when set up for travel...

Yea scary lookin'!

Az Tex

4 hours ago, aztex said:

I guess a perfectly set up rig should be level bow to stern; TV to trailer, so even IF this was set this way to level the trailer while parked  it would not balance when set up for travel...

If you look at the space in the front and rear wheel wells, it looks that the trailer is way too heavy for the truck as I don't see how they could have made the truck do that to park it. Since all anyone can do it to guess by the appearance, I agree with those who say the truck is dangerously overloaded. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Really simple...Either too much trailer or too little truck.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

15 hours ago, rm.w/aview said:

Prolly rethink that king size waterbed. 

That reminds me of a custom built RV that I was at Escapade in VT! It had a water bed along with some other very heavy items. The Smart Weigh crew were stunned when she went through to get weighed and none of the Escapade staff have seen her or her RV since.

If that was intentional, he screwed the engineered weight distribution and load bearing.

To me it looks like every truck overloaded to the point the springs were bent, or are getting that way.

We all are ignorant when we start any new undertaking, and we can resolve ignorance. But you just can't teach stupid!

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Yea I didn't think any logical explanation for this other than WRONG!

It looked more drastic in real life. I was tempted to unweight the front a little bit but was afraid it would flip over!

When I first got my Airstream I was just slightly unbalanced and it felt like driving on ice! I can't imagine this rig actually going down the road in any semblance of straight line...

A T

Any truck suspension lift designed for trucks is usually a soft suspension.  They're made for off-road wheel travel and ground clearance and usually sacrifice the tow weight rating.  

There is a popular truck mod of only doing half a lift.  Some states have banned this due to the headlights cannot be aimed correctly.

Jim's Adventures

Old Spacecraft.... Who knows whats next

1 minute ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

But the fast car guys would raise the back to get better weight transfer for those impromptu drag races...😎

• That came later as technology improved. Shows our age difference.  😣

Besides the overweight condition, those custom rims lack the load carrying capacity of stock rims.

And yes, the California tilt was tail-high, at least here in Indiana.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Come-on folks...........the guy was just stoping by the mall to pick up a few cases of beer so that he could spend the evening down at Buba's  Muffler Shop cobbling some sq. tubing in the back of the 5er so that when he loaded the Yugo on the back that his "rig" would just balance just peachy..........

gr1tPg6l.jpg

Just to fine tune the balance.........just load 25 case of beer in the........"sweet-spot"

Drive on............(Aint it a wonder what a guy can do with five pounds of E6011 rod and Forney-Buzz-Box and......3 cases of Bud)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

On 3/3/2019 at 2:59 PM, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

But the fast car guys would raise the back to get better weight transfer for those impromptu drag races...😎

And the truth is lowering the rear end achieves more weight transfer to the rear axle.

Take the case to the extreme ... raise the rear end until the body is vertical and all of the weight is on the front end.  Therefore, the more you jack up the rear, the less weight you have on the drive axle.

Archived