HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

JC, make sure you get that park to Trey for the campground guide..... :)

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhomeĀ 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cathy and I left Cave City, KY this morning and are now set up in her dad's backyard. We will be here in Ohio emptying our storage sheds and helping my parents empty their house and barn so they can sell and go into assisted living. Any luck and we will be back on the road in June.

Ā 

Jim

Volvo+and+Travel+Supreme+400+x+103.jpg

Ā 

2001 Volvo 770, Detroit 60 Series, Gen 2 Autoshift

Passenger assist elevator to enter cab - for when we need it, or sell it?

'05 Travel Supreme Select 40 RLQSO 5th wheel

2016 smart car

Ā 

We started full timing on December 1st 2014

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness - Mark Twain
Not all that wander are lost - J. R. R. Tolkien

John Prince Park, Lake Worth Florida until end of June. Now know I can fit into two different spots and found out as long as the "Truck" doesn't move daily while here it can stay parked on site for no extra charge. Last year they said I had to pay an extra $100 for the truck to be there with the car. Had made arrangements for an outside parking spot for less, now I won't have to do that.

Ā 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,Ā  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July.Ā 

• 3 weeks later...

Currently in Yellowstone (Gardiner - North Gate). Been here since Sunday and will be here for 3 weeks before heading down to the Tetons for a few days before heading home.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD -Ā 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

Tom Sawyer RV Park on the Mississippi River in West Memphis, Ark

Really a nice park, parked backed up to the Mississippi River. I do enjoy this place, extra big sites, easy in and out.

Jim

">9ed2381e-e012-485f-924a-b1f342a69abc.jpg

Ā 

2001 610 Volvo -Volvo power 465HP/1650 -autoshift
2009 Smart Passion / cross loaded on Volvo
2014.5 Mobile Suite 41 RSSB4

VOLUNTEER CHRISTIAN BUILDERS

JC, make sure you get that park to Trey for the campground guide..... :)[/quote

Ā 

I will. I guess I should look at this page more often.

Ā 

Ā 

Currently in virgina beach at Holiday trav-l camp ground. Big place. Was almost empty 2 night ago. Not so much now !!!

2009 Volvo 780. D-16 500hp 1850 torque with a Herrin hauler bed.

2015 Continental Coach

2008 650cc Suzuki Bergman

2013 Mustang GT 500 convertible

2014 Smartcar convertible

WWW.Hollyfab.com. (Metal Fabrication Company)

Jamesc@hollyfab.com (preferred contact method)

• 3 weeks later...

Well Ladies and Gents, I'm back in civilization at bit before planned. Weatherford laid off 11,000 plus from their 65K workforce and guess who got caught in that one? lol

Ā 

Since my split with Karen in October last year I have found someone else. Her name is Rocel and she is here with me in Sidney, BC, Canada.

Ā 

Took a bit of work to get her Canadian tourist visa as she is from the Philippines. We have applied for a US tourist visa for her, and if all goes well after her interview on the 25th we will fly to Nashville and pick up the rig from JW sometime in mid-July.

Ā 

Then back to Ontario so I can get emissions certified and re-registered, then hopefully back to the West Coast and home in Sidney. We hope to spend some time in the southern USA visiting friends and family as far south as the Keys.

Ā 

If any of all y'all are around we would love to meet up.

Ā 

All the best to you all.

Ā 

Geo

George,
Suzuki Celerio 998cc

Yamaha NMAX scooter

Ā 

Work ride is Western Star N2 Tri-Tri tanker at 56,500kg loaded

Did I miss something, George? We're still in the North for the summer, then headed to Phoenix area for the cold season. Rita will house-sit the 5er there while I fly for work, keeping her in the lifestyle she wants to become accustomed to. Wave as you fly to Ontario, I'll keep an eye peeled.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again.Ā 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Hi Darryl,

Ā 

I was in Kurdistan for 6 months, then spent the last 18 months in Qatar. It was supposed to be a 3 year contract, but the oil price got in the way.

Ā 

I've been home in Sidney BC since May 26th. My sea freight furniture shipment arrives (I hope) on July 8th after which I'm free to travel.

Ā 

Karen and I split up mid-October last year after making not quite 41 years together. Rocel and I got together in January, but because she if from the Philippines all the ease of travel we are used to is denied to her. It took two tries to get her a tourist visa to Canada, and we are sitting on the edge of our chairs waiting to see if the US will let her in.

Ā 

If it works out OK, we will fly Victoria - Vancouver - Orlando - Nashville and pick up the rig from JW's place in Unionville, TN sometime around mid-July.

Ā 

We are for sure going to come through Alberta in probably early to mid August as I have to renew my Alberta class 1 which requires my physical presence. Maybe we can finally meet up? :)

George,
Suzuki Celerio 998cc

Yamaha NMAX scooter

Ā 

Welcome back to "civilization", George. Sorry to hear of your employment misfortune. The low oil prices are putting the hurt on a lot of us that work in the oil and gas patch.

Ā 

Best of luck in your quest to get your travel arrangements straightened out.

Phil

Ā 

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

Thanks Phil.

Ā 

It has been interesting, but everyone in this business has their tales of woe just now. I'm really glad to be back on Vancouver Island, its way over 100F in Doha already.

Ā 

All the best,

Ā 

Geo

George,
Suzuki Celerio 998cc

Yamaha NMAX scooter

Ā 

We are in Sparks, NV at the Sparks Marina RV Resort for the HDT West Coast Rally. It is a nice park strangely located in the middle of town, but is turning out to be a good location for the rally so far. We will be here through Monday and then head home and back to that four letter word, "work".

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal modsĀ - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install ThreadĀ & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.comĀ  Ā  Ā Ā West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.pngĀ  Ā Ā 

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Ā 

Hi Guys. We are coasting in the SKP Evergreen Park in Chimacum, wa for a couple-3 months before heading to Glacier NP in Sept. Not clear on where after that. We have spent the past 7 months in Sequim hosting at the city park. That might be a repeat this coming winter, too.

Ā 

Yeah. I look at the weather across the whole country and it looks like a disaster movie playing out. So far, this area has been the only place not plagued with weather extremes and risks.

Ā 

At some point we are touristing in Victoria on a day trip or two. Just don't know when. Got a fur kid we can't leave too long.

Ā 

Clearly, we have no plan, just like spending over 3 months in Redding 2014. We had not originally planned to even make a stop there at Christmas 2013.

Ā 

Hope the rally was all that was expected for the attendees. Maybe next time we can be more in the area.

RVBuddys Journal Our progress into full-timing.
Budd & Merrily ===-> SKP# 088936 Other Websites:---> Hub of all my blogs
Clifford - 2000 VNL64T770 :: DakotR - 1999 C40KS King of the Road :: $PRITE - 2013 Smart Passion w/cruise

Welcome back to North America, George...... I'll email you....

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhomeĀ 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Well, yesterday was "interesting". I guess it goes to show that you should never present an immigration officer with anything out of the ordinary. It is always easier to say no, and probably safer from a career perspective.

Ā 

I'm little ticked off over the immigration process yesterday. It was pretty unpleasant, not because of any law or regulation we fell foul of, just seems like a lot depended on the personalities involved and good luck if you hit the wrong person.

Ā 

Rocel and I don't have the easiest case to understand because of the complication of living and working in Doha up until last month, so, as indicated in the US Immigration web site, we put the whole thing down in a one-page summary letter and added all the backup documentation to verify the truth in her application.

Ā 

Rocel speaks excellent English, but not natively fluent. And she was already nervous about this process as no one wants to talk to government officials that control your destiny, from ANY nation, if you don't have to.

Ā 

So the Consul grills her verbally, but won't look at any of the provided documentation she supplied. It was fronted by a concise one page summary letter, for crying out loud, that explained why she wanted to go the the US, how long she wanted to stay, her ties to countries outside the US to make sure she would go home at the end of the visit, and finally she explained exactly how she would pay for her visit. Would have taken less than a minute to read and digest.

Ā 

And the consul completely ignored all of this. As Rocel wasn't working any more in Qatar and she was on a Canadian tourist visa, end of story. Entry denied.

Ā 

Now in the interest of balance, the Canadian system is about as screwed up, but in the opposite direction. There, you are never allowed to speak with a human being. EVERYTHING has to be presented in writing, and if it isn't clear enough, entry denied. Took two tries to get her Canadian tourist visa as we were too casual on the first submission.

Ā 

Traveling the globe with Rocel has also been a very good introduction to institutional racism applied towards travelers in the modern world. As an older white male Canadian I have a free ride pretty much anywhere. Yes, sir, visa on arrival or no visa at all, how long would you like to stay sir? No problem sir. Have a nice day sir!!

Ā 

If you are brown and from the developing world you have the Devil of a time getting a visa into most developed countries. Even a tourist visa. The automatic assumption is that you are trying to find a job and its assumed you will overstay your visa deadline and become an illegal alien. To be fair, it does happen enough that there are good reasons behind the prejudices. But we supplied the correct paperwork to make that a non-event.

Ā 

It would be pleasant if the govt officials charged with a task actually did their jobs instead of just wielding a "denied" stamp. If we hadn't done the letter and provided all the supporting documents I could understand this a lot better!!

Ā 

The bad guys seem to be able to cruise across our porous borders with little consequence, but trying to do it up front and legally has some interesting challenges if you "aren't from these parts". lol

Ā 

Geo

George,
Suzuki Celerio 998cc

Yamaha NMAX scooter

Ā 

Fishing lake Texoma was less than wished for this year, record rain brought the lake up over the spillway for the fourth and fifth time in history, all in just a month. Sit through about 30ā€ of rain in a little over a month, Texoma was going up a foot a day for the whole time, dropped a bit then Bill came in and put it over the dam again.

Ā 

So now headed to NRA Whittington Center to burn some powder and spend the 4th with some good chronograph readings, or change some MAX loads to better than what they are now.

Ā 

Dave

Edited by Dave & Renee

Dave, Renee & furkids Casey & Miss Kitty
1998 Volvo 610 Straight 10 "Leather n' Lace"; Herrin bed w/Rampage motorcycle lift; 2010 40' New Horizons Majestic; 2008 Harley FLSTC; 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited; 1999 Yamaha 4X4 Kodiak (that is NOT with us!)

• 2 weeks later...

Got to Shueyville, Ia. last Thursday evening. Here for at least 3 months working in Cedar Rapids, Ia. Was 60 degrees yesterday on the motorcycle riding to work and 72 in the afternoon. Took advantage and waxed the front and rear of the trailer. Hope to get the rest done while it's still cool. Will wait for help before I tackle the roof.

Ā 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,Ā  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July.Ā 

Will be near Buena Vista starting August 2nd thru the 8th, Jeeping at the All4Fun event. http://www.a4fun.org/

Ā 

Any others in the area?

Ā 

Ready to leave this Kansas HEAT!

Ā 

Ā 

1999 Volvo VNL610, Cummins M11 - 350/400 HP, 10 speed Rockwell - 'CHIEF'

Custom flatbed with TrailerSaver air hitch.

3 cyl 8000 watt Kubota diesel generator.

New Mexico April 2019.jpg